Windows 10: Glitched Desktop Background Cache

Discus and support Glitched Desktop Background Cache in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; There is a picture in my windows background settings cache. When I click on it to set as background, it sets with no problem, but I wanted to delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JaredNott, Jan 19, 2021.

1. JaredNott Win User

Glitched Desktop Background Cache

There is a picture in my windows background settings cache. When I click on it to set as background, it sets with no problem, but I wanted to delete the picture. When I click browse, the file explorer doesn't display the image on the 5-tile "Choose your picture" pallette.

:)

JaredNott, Jan 19, 2021
  2. Misiowiec Win User

Lost desktop background

I did a Search & Distroy spyware scan the other day, and one of the suggested "fixes" said something about removing Active Desktop. Like the muppet I am I clicked yes and am now without a desktop background picture.

Does anyone have an idea how to reverse this? If I try to select a picture it's simply not added as a background.

Misiowiec, Jan 19, 2021
  3. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

Change desktop background and colors

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Glitched Desktop Background Cache

After installing the updates, desktop background pictures dissapeared.

Hi Lucky,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

This type of issue might occur because of some missing, corrupt or damaged files in your system.

Initially, I suggest you to try the below method and later you can try to set the desktop background and check.

Method 1: I suggest you to run System File Checker, which will check your system for missing, corrupt or damaged files and attempt to fix them.

Please refer the article on “How to run System File Checker” and check if that helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-gb

Method 2: DISM:

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Now, follow the below steps to set desktop background.

• Right click on your desktop background and click on Personalize.
    • Click on Background list box and select pictures.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Glitched Desktop Background Cache

1. Glitched Desktop Background Cache - Similar Threads - Glitched Desktop Background

2. Desktop background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop background: Hello my pc background changed while my pc was turned off.And it is a troll picture so someone who knows me made it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background/7bf70d62-fda5-4554-8311-eccfe79d0bf2
  3. desktop background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop background: Ho do I change the amount of time between picture changes on my Windows 10 background? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background/85ab920d-8574-4999-8974-92070b72e0dc
  4. desktop background

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop background: Ho do I change the amount of time between picture changes on my Windows 10 background? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background/85ab920d-8574-4999-8974-92070b72e0dc
  5. My Desktop Background glitches

My Desktop Background glitches: Often if I just hover over Shortcuts or just normal programs or txt files the background of them turns completely black and If I then select anything from my desktop by holding the left mousebutton and drag it to the other end of my screen the parts where I hovered over turns...
  6. Desktop Background Glitch

Desktop Background Glitch: Hi, I'm experiencing this strange glitch I'm assuming it's a glitch regarding my desktop background. I have two monitors, one 2560x1440p and the second 1920x1090p. I found a picture I liked and set it as my desktop background. It works for a bit, but after awhile, on my...
  7. Background pattern glitch?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Background pattern glitch?: [ATTACH] I'm new to windows, so most of the errors I get are generally confusing to solve, but this one I can't figure out. The background image I set often becomes obscured by this brown patterned image (screenshot below), which now persists through a shutdown. All my...
  8. desktop background

desktop background: I want to display my photo as a background on the desktop. It is important to have the photo fully displayed. Is it possible? If yes, how can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background/9c674a73-e7e4-4f38-a1c5-007e31f9b60b
  9. desktop background

desktop background: How do I keep as my desktop background the beautiful pictures that seem to come from webshots? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background/b4ad2c56-14e3-4004-bcb4-b780fc75c0bd
  10. Desktop Background

Desktop Background: Hi Microsoft Team, I'm Vansh, a very frequent customer and faithful one too of yours. But I'm facing a problem now. I've tried each and every size of image on my desktop background but it still becomes blurry, no matter it is equal to the resolution of screen (resolution/size...