Windows 10: Glitched drop shadow ThemeShadow in native UWP applications on 4K display powered by RTX 20...

Discus and support Glitched drop shadow ThemeShadow in native UWP applications on 4K display powered by RTX 20... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I'm using Windows 10 1909 this issue happened in previous versions too on a 4K display, powered by an RTX 2070 graphics card. I'm experiencing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by stevenlele, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Glitched drop shadow ThemeShadow in native UWP applications on 4K display powered by RTX 20...

Hello,

I'm using Windows 10 1909 this issue happened in previous versions too on a 4K display, powered by an RTX 2070 graphics card. I'm experiencing glitched drop shadows in native UWP applications orThemeShadow I suppose, including the start menu. This happens to context menus, dropdown boxes, etc. The shadow looks blocky and layered, instead of soft and smooth. Here are some screenshots. These are identical to what I see on the screen.

Glitched drop shadow ThemeShadow in native UWP applications on 4K display powered by RTX 20... 7d1c4a2f-fd1d-4988-914d-84881dcc9f96?upload=true.png

Fig. 1: The drop shadow of context menu of the start menu tile

Glitched drop shadow ThemeShadow in native UWP applications on 4K display powered by RTX 20... 6cb16d2d-ff1a-4282-977c-2cb4e4e05125?upload=true.png

Fig. 2: The drop shadow of the suggestion menu of the search box in "Settings"

Glitched drop shadow ThemeShadow in native UWP applications on 4K display powered by RTX 20... 78a73b0d-81cc-4638-a9f0-f27f32f047b0?upload=true.png

Fig. 3: The drop shadow of the dropdown box in "Settings"

Glitched drop shadow ThemeShadow in native UWP applications on 4K display powered by RTX 20... ab0bf1ca-df0e-425a-adf2-0988b6c8207b?upload=true.png

Fig. 4: The drop shadow of the main menu of the UWP application "Notepads"

Glitched drop shadow ThemeShadow in native UWP applications on 4K display powered by RTX 20... 5c6b2167-eb1c-484c-97ce-dab7d4b93257?upload=true.png

Fig. 5: The drop shadow of the side menu AND the tooltip box of the UWP application "Notepads"

I've tried to tweak the settings in NVIDIA Control Panel but nothing helped.

The same issue was reported in the community here, and it also happened to an RTX 20 series card in this case RTX 2080.

Thanks.

:)

stevenlele, Sep 17, 2020
  2. elbmek Win User

4K monitor & RTX 2070

This is a biggie for me cause I dont have a darn clue what is going on. I have my RTX Armor Geforce 2070 running. I have a 4K 28 inch Asus VP28UQG running. but only on HDMI. I have the Display port cable fitted as recommended full performance twixt the two only prob is when I switch to display port (or 1.1 or 1.2) in the monitor menu I get zilch. What am I doing wrong because I am sure its me!! Both the the 'P' (whatever that is) is linked by the Display port cable to the 'P' port on the back of the RTX card - nothing. I was told that 4K will not work inn the HDMI (2 I think) cable but will in the Display cable.

I have just had fitted and running the M2 Samsung Drive - FFFFAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT or what!!

The RTX has three display ports for a triple monitor display and an HMDI. I have tried the DC in the 3 slots to no avail. Nvidia suggested I uninstall and reload Game Experience, but of course the reboot cut us off.

elbmek, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Drop shadow for desktop icon text font keeps coming back

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query In Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

Method: 1

The drop shadows on applications in the Windows 10 really big and suspiciously similar to the ones in OS X, and if they aren’t your speed, you can easily remove them. We actually think they look good, but since somebody out there won’t like them, here is
    how to disable them.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to Disable drop shadows.

• Alternatively you can use the Start Menu and search for “advanced system settings” and click on that item.
    • Go to the advanced tab and click the Settings
      button under Performance.
    • Find and uncheck “Show shadows under windows” and click
      Apply or OK
    • The drop shadows will immediately be removed.
    • As soon as you do, all drop shadow effects will be disabled, giving you a truly flat user interface.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Glitched drop shadow ThemeShadow in native UWP applications on 4K display powered by RTX 20...

[UWP] all UWP application windows are not displayed anymore after a lot of start/kill of any UWP application

Hello,

This issue seems linked to the Windows Anniversary Update (build 10.0.14393,
    also reproduced on build 14905.rs_prerelease.160811-1739) and the new UWP lifecycle introduced with it, since this issue was not there before.

The test scenario is simple:

1. start any UWP application (in my example the windows calc.exe, the default Windows 10 calculator application)

2. wait 0.5 second

3. kill the same UWP application

4. repeat the 1-2-3 steps 5000 times

This scenario is basically reproducing an automated test environment.

The expected result is that the tested application will always be displayed correctly.

The actual result is that the tested application is not displayed anymore after a various number of loops (between 200 and 800). It looks like it is running in the background since the process can be seen in the task manager.

When the UWP application window can't be displayed, the scope of the issue is much more important: no UWP content can be displayed anymore (Edge browser or Windows settings, etc).

The way to recover from this is to log out from the user session and log in again.

Here is a python script to reproduce the issue:

Is it a known issue ? Any way to work around this (this is blocking our UWP automated testing environment)?

BR

Jean-Marc

Jean-Marc T., Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Glitched drop shadow ThemeShadow in native UWP applications on 4K display powered by RTX 20...

1. Glitched drop shadow ThemeShadow in native UWP applications on 4K display powered by RTX 20... - Similar Threads - Glitched drop shadow

2. Drop shadows reappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drop shadows reappearing: Hi,I prefer to have no drop shadows on my icons they make me dizzy but after a recent update the drop shadows reappeared. I checked my settings and the selection was unchecked. I tried a reboot to be sure but the dropshadows remain. Please help....
  3. Drop shadows reappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drop shadows reappearing: Hi,I prefer to have no drop shadows on my icons they make me dizzy but after a recent update the drop shadows reappeared. I checked my settings and the selection was unchecked. I tried a reboot to be sure but the dropshadows remain. Please help....
  4. Files, Folder or Registry Entry to be exclude form Shadow Defender for UWP Application

Files, Folder or Registry Entry to be exclude form Shadow Defender for UWP Application: I installed my windows 11 with Shadow Defender. I wish to be able to be able to keep my Windows Core file intact, but able to enable Apps download from Microsoft Store to be updated as needed and activities in the application saved, while in Shadow mode.Deep Shadow have the...
  5. Display Brightness with Win 11 Randomly Drops to 20%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Brightness with Win 11 Randomly Drops to 20%: I recently installed Windows 11. Since then the display brightness on my Alienware m17 R3 keeps randomly dropping to 20%. Sometimes it will return to normal automatically, other times I have to go into settings and adjust the brightness slider manually. I've been using PCs...
  6. Display Brightness with Win 11 Randomly Drops to 20%

Display Brightness with Win 11 Randomly Drops to 20%: I recently installed Windows 11. Since then the display brightness on my Alienware m17 R3 keeps randomly dropping to 20%. Sometimes it will return to normal automatically, other times I have to go into settings and adjust the brightness slider manually. I've been using PCs...
  7. Broken shadows in UWP apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Broken shadows in UWP apps: [ATTACH] I have a strange problem with "broken" shadows in all UWP apps after update to 2004. It looks like if the shadow under the tooltip or menu is rendered on top of it instead. The issue remains after restart, appears and disappears randomly on its own. Here are some...
  8. 4K monitor & RTX 2070

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    4K monitor & RTX 2070: This is a biggie for me cause I dont have a darn clue what is going on. I have my RTX Armor Geforce 2070 running. I have a 4K 28 inch Asus VP28UQG running. but only on HDMI. I have the Display port cable fitted as recommended full performance twixt the two only prob is when I...
  9. 4k display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    4k display: Hello recently I bought Graphic card GT 710 DDR5 2GB that support max resolution 2160P I worked with that for a while until windows 10 1809 released then I download that and install it on my PC then going to install driver of Graphic card then screen goes black I tried...
  10. Fix For The Desktop Icons Drop Shadows Keep Displaying Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Fix For The Desktop Icons Drop Shadows Keep Displaying Issue: Finally found why unchecking the selection box in System Properties > Advanced Settings > Performance Options > Visual Effects > "Use Drop Shadows For icon Labels On The Desktop" doesn't work to disable the drop shadows under the desktop icons. In addition to unchecking...