Windows 10: Glitches about Microsoft Speech SDK 5.1 and Speech Platform SDK 11

Discus and support Glitches about Microsoft Speech SDK 5.1 and Speech Platform SDK 11 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 Pro N for Workstations 64 bit v1909, and I have installed Microsoft Speech SDK 5.1, Microsoft Speech Platform SDK 11 x64, I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Aireyanna Havaska, May 14, 2020.

1. Glitches about Microsoft Speech SDK 5.1 and Speech Platform SDK 11

I am using Windows 10 Pro N for Workstations 64 bit v1909, and I have installed Microsoft Speech SDK 5.1, Microsoft Speech Platform SDK 11 x64, I have encountered a problem while using text-to-speech software to synthesize speech from text, I think they don't work properly, although I am not sure if there is a bug in the programs themselves or they are not compatible with Windows 10.

The thing is, while using Balabolka, I have found three tabs named "SAPI 4", "SAPI 5" and "Microsoft Speech Platform" respectively, although never used Balabolka before, I quickly recognize them as tts engines, and I assume SAPI stands for Speech API, below each tab is a selection menu, I register as voices. I quickly found problems, SAPI 4 and Microsoft Speech Platform have no voices, the selection menus are blank, SAPI 5 has voices though, it has eight voices, but three of them are not working, while others work fine.

When I type texts for the program to read, choose either Microsoft Mary [English United States] or Microsoft Mike [English United States], and click the play button, an error window pops up, showing message Cannot synthesize the speech: Class not registered, then nothing. If I chose SampleTTSVoice [English United States] though, it produces repeative noises, at first unintelligible, after replaying a few times, I recognize it as a series of blahs with number depending on how many words I typed, does anyone else have encountered the same problem as mine? Does anyone have a solution to this one? Please?

:)

Aireyanna Havaska, May 14, 2020

2. Microsoft Speech Platform for Commercial use

Hello,

I would like to ask about the licensing on Microsoft Speech Platform and if I can use Microsoft Speech Platform in commercial project?

I am using Microsoft Speech Platform SDK v.11.0, Microsoft Speech Platform Runtime v11.0 and Redistributable Language Packs v11.0 for recognizing and synthesizing Finnish.

Many thanks,

-Lauri

Lauri Tyyskä, May 14, 2020
  3. Ken30096 Win User
    What languages does Microsoft Speech Recognition and Text-to-Speech platform support for Windows 10?

I found the Speech Recognition and Text-to-Speech Engines for Microsoft supported Languages

(Version 11)
    but it does not list Windows 10 as a supported Operating System. My main question is what languages does Microsoft Speech Recognition and Text-to-Speech platform support for Windows 10?

Thanks

Ken30096, May 14, 2020
  4. Entegy Win User

Glitches about Microsoft Speech SDK 5.1 and Speech Platform SDK 11

WP7 SDK

Then you're stuck until you can upgrade. Vista has been out for over 4 years now. Just because you can't upgrade, doesn't mean the tech world will stand still.

And Apple is worse for iOS SDK. Snow Leopard (their latest OS) is the only platform for the latest iOS SDK and I suspect you will need Lion for iOS 5 SDK. You should be happy Microsoft is still even supporting what will soon be a 10 year old operating system.

Entegy, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Glitches about Microsoft Speech SDK 5.1 and Speech Platform SDK 11

1. Glitches about Microsoft Speech SDK 5.1 and Speech Platform SDK 11 - Similar Threads - Glitches Microsoft Speech

2. Microsoft Speech Recognition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Speech Recognition: I wanted ro install MSSpeech_SR_en-GB_Tele for the app Crewchief, but as i downloaded it the download didn't get recocnised by crewchief. And when I open the Download it says "Another Installation is in progress. You must complete that Installation before continuing this one"...
  3. Microsoft Speech Recognition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Speech Recognition: I wanted ro install MSSpeech_SR_en-GB_Tele for the app Crewchief, but as i downloaded it the download didn't get recocnised by crewchief. And when I open the Download it says "Another Installation is in progress. You must complete that Installation before continuing this one"...
  4. System.Speech.Synthesis Error "Speech is not supported on this platform"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System.Speech.Synthesis Error "Speech is not supported on this platform": Hello,I am trying to implement Text to Speech into my C# WPF Program using .net5.0When I search the internet I find something like this:using System.Speech.Synthesis;public void TextToSpeechstring text { try { using var speaker = new...
  5. System.Speech.Synthesis Error "Speech is not supported on this platform"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System.Speech.Synthesis Error "Speech is not supported on this platform": Hello,I am trying to implement Text to Speech into my C# WPF Program using .net5.0When I search the internet I find something like this:using System.Speech.Synthesis;public void TextToSpeechstring text { try { using var speaker = new...
  6. APIs & SDK

in Windows 10 Support
    APIs & SDK: 1-22-2021 APIs & SDKs Stats: Windows 10 Pro 64-bits Version 2004 build 19041.572 Never downloaded an SDK Last copy Of DOCINFO is 8-1999 I didn't know where to put this. Sorry Trying to find if there is a newer version of DOCINFO. I have been very sick for the past year and...
  7. Speech

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speech: Hi! I have problem with installing speech, what i mean is.. it is instaling but! Its not moving on. Its like this for 3 hours now and i tried even trun off and on my computer but nothing happend...
  8. Speech

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Speech: I Can't talk and I wonder why I can't I go to discord to talk and I also can't speak in steam I have been getting very frustrated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speech/01786a2d-021d-40c0-8564-6c856beeab1e"
  9. Milestone Integration Platform (MIP) SDK Private Preview Update

in Windows 10 News
    Milestone Integration Platform (MIP) SDK Private Preview Update: Summary Updating to this new build is required! Grab the latest here: https://aka.ms/mipsdkbins We've made some changes to the policy file that will break downlevel versions of the SDK. The new version is backward compatible. You'll want to update your SDK builds ASAP to...
  10. Intel SGX SDK and Intel SGX Platform Software Updates

in Windows 10 News
    Intel SGX SDK and Intel SGX Platform Software Updates: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00135 Product family: Intel® SGX SDK and Intel® SGX Platform Software Impact of vulnerability: Information Disclosure Severity rating: Moderate Original release: 05/10/2018 Last revised: 05/10/2018 Summary: Intel® Software Guard Extensions Software...