Windows 10: Glitching Audio

Discus and support Glitching Audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm curious to know if anyone can help me with this issue. The video link isn't my machine, but a youtube user with a machine producing the same sound.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChadBonk, Feb 22, 2018.

1. ChadBonk Win User

Glitching Audio

I'm curious to know if anyone can help me with this issue. The video link isn't my machine, but a youtube user with a machine producing the same sound. Mine however, only happens for about 3 seconds, very randomly, not reproduceable at will, and only after resets, and ... lol... only upon opening up Adobe Illustrator.

PC freezes and makes buzzing noise - YouTube

I'm only being persistant on finding the cause, cuz the card is still under warranty and I don't know if this a driver issue, or the beginnings of hardware failure.

The card is a Asus Nvidia 1080 8gb Turbo. I've tried numerous things that I can think of... including having it in another machine. That's actually where the issue began. I then built a new machine and carried this over into the new one which is the only piece of old hardware.

I've also so far... and I haven't heard the noise again as of yet, unisntalled both Realtek and Nvidia high def drivers through Device Mgr.

I've also put the card into Debug mode .... and used FurMark GPU test. Funny, I ran the GPU test while opening up illustrator and still couldn't reproduce the audio glitch. The card only topped 78 degrees after 10 minutes while I was still running Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop

Any suggestions whether I tried them or not is more than welcome!

:)

ChadBonk, Feb 22, 2018

2. Windows 10 Audio problems - Acer Aspire 5755G

Hi all,

After a complete rigmarole of installing Windows 10 - and have it be stable, I've got one recurring problem of the audio!

For some reason, the audio randomly glitches out causing a "chainsaw" type sound for a short period of time, along with having general glitches and pops randomly too. I'm assuming its due to a buffer underflow because the "chainsaw" sound is caused by the
    same piece of audio looping over and over (a small "grain" of audio equal to a few ms in length).

I've tried installing the windows 7 and 8 audio drivers off the Acer website, along with the Realtek HD audio driver, directly off the Realtek website (suitable for W10 apparently).

I'm still getting audio glitches. I've never had this problem under any other operating system so it is definitely a W10 problem, and a bit one at that as I will be using W10 for both recording and playback of recorded music as a main feature of my computer.

Is there anything more I can do to solve this problem?

Cheers,

Harris

Edit: The glitches seems to coincide with general system "micro lockups", my mouse generally stop moving during a glitch event.

HarrisShallcross, Feb 22, 2018
  3. WIndows 10 audio problems

I am having similar issues with the audio glitching/stuttering as well. I have a Toshiba Satellite C650D. Sometimes it sounds perfect, but then other times it starts glitching and stuttering during YouTube videos, gaming, music, anything that involves
    the audio.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kurapika92, Feb 22, 2018
  4. PiKo Win User

Glitching Audio

Is there any setting about syncing video with audio?

5. fireberd Win User
    fireberd, Feb 22, 2018
  6. ChadBonk Win User
    I don't see any settings for unchecking or checking syncs... I would assume that would be autonomous.

and the results are in from Latency Mon

ChadBonk, Feb 22, 2018
  7. ChadBonk Win User
    can anyone verify for me if they think this is looking like the initial stages of hardware failure, or the sounds of a driver issue. From my perspective... if a part is going bad, it would be more consistent. Especially, when I'm trying to trip it by putting enormous strain on the machine, i.e ... I've even tried opening all my adobe titles at the same time leaving illustrator till last and still can't seem to trip it.

ChadBonk, Feb 22, 2018
  8. fireberd Win User

Glitching Audio

You need to run it longer than 18 seconds. Also run it with the program initialized that is the suspected problem.

fireberd, Feb 22, 2018
  9. ChadBonk Win User
    Understood. Thank you. i didn't realize that was how the program operated. I ran it for over 2 hours and came back with some interesting info...
    Glitching Audio [​IMG]

ChadBonk, Feb 22, 2018
  10. ChadBonk Win User
    I'll try disabling the Wifi per it'ssuggestions. However I need to figure out how to disable CPU Throttling via BIOS. I did so already via contorl panel. Not sure what the DPF routines are

ChadBonk, Feb 22, 2018
  11. fireberd Win User
    Some of the statements/recommendations are "stock" statements, I don't think CPU throttling is the problem.

Wi-Fi is a known cause of sound glitches for many.

fireberd, Feb 22, 2018
  12. ChadBonk Win User
    understood. So far the fixes that I've done since it happened include, uninstalling both audio drivers; realtek and nvidia high def audio via device manager, and then reboot the machine. Making sure that core throttling wasn't incurring and then now Wifi is disabled. Any other changes that I should try or run it as is ya think?

ChadBonk, Feb 22, 2018
  13. fireberd Win User

Glitching Audio

Shouldn't have to uninstall sound drivers. I don't have Realtek, in my case, uninstalled. Its "active".

fireberd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Glitching Audio

1. Glitching Audio - Similar Threads - Glitching Audio

2. Laptop screen glitching and turning black, audio looping, requires hard reset to get back...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop screen glitching and turning black, audio looping, requires hard reset to get back...: Windows 11 Lenovo Laptop, let me know if you guys need any more info. Done virus scans and updated graphics drivers to no avail. Typically just have Google Chrome open....
  3. Laptop screen glitching and turning black, audio looping, requires hard reset to get back...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop screen glitching and turning black, audio looping, requires hard reset to get back...: Windows 11 Lenovo Laptop, let me know if you guys need any more info. Done virus scans and updated graphics drivers to no avail. Typically just have Google Chrome open....
  4. Audio Glitch Issues After Drivers Update - Seek Advice - ASUS ROG Strix G17 with Windows 11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Glitch Issues After Drivers Update - Seek Advice - ASUS ROG Strix G17 with Windows 11...: I'm reaching out for some help regarding a persistent and baffling problem with my ASUS ROG Strix G17 G713PV-HX050, powered by an AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX, RTX 4060,144Hz ,64GB RAM, dual 512GB SSDsI bought it new and after some time Windows has updated and replaced my original AMD...
  5. Audio Glitch Issues After Drivers Update - Seek Advice - ASUS ROG Strix G17 with Windows 11...

Audio Glitch Issues After Drivers Update - Seek Advice - ASUS ROG Strix G17 with Windows 11...: I'm reaching out for some help regarding a persistent and baffling problem with my ASUS ROG Strix G17 G713PV-HX050, powered by an AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX, RTX 4060,144Hz ,64GB RAM, dual 512GB SSDsI bought it new and after some time Windows has updated and replaced my original AMD...
  6. audio glitches and computer completely crashes shortly after quite often

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio glitches and computer completely crashes shortly after quite often: im not sure what exactly causes it, but recently my computer has been very frequently acting up, the audio starts to stutter, and shortly the entire computer will freeze and i have to restart it, it has only started to happen since i got a new graphics driver, and im assuming...
  7. audio glitches and computer completely crashes shortly after quite often

audio glitches and computer completely crashes shortly after quite often: im not sure what exactly causes it, but recently my computer has been very frequently acting up, the audio starts to stutter, and shortly the entire computer will freeze and i have to restart it, it has only started to happen since i got a new graphics driver, and im assuming...
  8. audio glitches and computer completely crashes shortly after quite often

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. my pc crashes randomly. the audio will start glitching out seconds before weird buzzing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc crashes randomly. the audio will start glitching out seconds before weird buzzing...: I have 10700k, 3060 ti, 750w gold rates psu by seasonic, 16gb 4000mhz memory and windows 10 Pro 64 bit. I tried swapping to my old 3600mhz ram and that did not solve it. I have no idea where to start to test what the issue is without replacing each part 1 by 1, but that is...
  10. my pc crashes randomly. the audio will start glitching out seconds before weird buzzing...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my pc crashes randomly. the audio will start glitching out seconds before weird buzzing...: I have 10700k, 3060 ti, 750w gold rates psu by seasonic, 16gb 4000mhz memory and windows 10 Pro 64 bit. I tried swapping to my old 3600mhz ram and that did not solve it. I have no idea where to start to test what the issue is without replacing each part 1 by 1, but that is...