Windows 10: Glitchy screen on wake-up

Discus and support Glitchy screen on wake-up in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Anyone else experience this before? It happens almost every time my laptop screen goes to sleep when I walk away and come back to wake it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kevinandout, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Glitchy screen on wake-up

Glitchy screen on wake-up f-eDCYQWkEJIATCELr0LrL0VnE9hD_Lm4vFMqTxeBqU.jpg

Anyone else experience this before? It happens almost every time my laptop screen goes to sleep when I walk away and come back to wake it up and see this. It doesn't seem to affect anything as far as I can tell, and clears away slowly in bits as I move my cursor over it or change between screens. Also doesn't seem to be app-dependents. Happens with the apps (as opposed to on desktop view I think) but it happens with Chrome browser, Outlook email, Steam window, and other.

I'm on an ASUS ROG Strix II Slim GL504 laptop running Windows 10 Home 64 bit. I've tried Google-ing around, but haven't found anything that applies to this specifically.

https://preview.redd.it/4ngvapvbmeu...bp&s=dd3c0f46563e9c36e1ed98c700939bc16f4abdc1

submitted by /u/kevinandout
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kevinandout, Apr 22, 2020

2. Screens black after waking machine from sleep

Hi Anthony,

Does it only happen when waking up the computer from sleep?

To check for possible causes of this issue, we suggest you to run Power Troubleshooter. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • On the left side, click View all.
    • Click Power.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    If the issue still persists, you may update the Chipset driver from the device manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Glitchy screen on wake-up

Will not wake from sleep

Hi,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I would suggest you to try the steps below to open the power troubleshooter

1. Press Windows key + R to open the run command.

2. Type control and press enter to open control panel.

3. Type troubleshooting in the control panel search box.

4. On the left side, click on "troubleshooting".

5. Click "view all" on the left pane.

6. Run the power troubleshooter.

To make sure your devices are set to wake the computer up, I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• 1. Press Windows key + R

2. Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

3. Expand keyboard, it will display your keyboard, right click and go to properties.

4. Select Power management.

5. Check Allow this device to wake the computer.
    Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Glitchy screen on wake-up

1. Glitchy screen on wake-up - Similar Threads - Glitchy screen wake

2. Weird glitchy screen at start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird glitchy screen at start up: My laptop was just working fine a few minutes ago. I've gone down stairs to pick up some snacks, but when i came back, my laptop's screen was black, and the imagine wouldn't came back no matter what i do. I tried restarting it a few times. It actually booted up normally once,...
  3. Weird glitchy screen at start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird glitchy screen at start up: My laptop was just working fine a few minutes ago. I've gone down stairs to pick up some snacks, but when i came back, my laptop's screen was black, and the imagine wouldn't came back no matter what i do. I tried restarting it a few times. It actually booted up normally once,...
  4. Weird glitchy screen at start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Glitchy computer screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Glitchy computer screen: When I try to go on things like games or YouTube, On certain parts my screen is glitching and showing static rainbow pixels, what should I do to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/glitchy-computer-screen/732d6972-9af4-43f1-a66b-866efc320191
  6. Glitchy computer screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Glitchy computer screen: When I try to go on things like games or YouTube, On certain parts my screen is glitching and showing static rainbow pixels, what should I do to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/glitchy-computer-screen/732d6972-9af4-43f1-a66b-866efc320191
  7. Glitchy computer screen

8. Waking up to a green screen

Waking up to a green screen: I have been awaking to a green screen.Monitor offBrowsers and some other apps in the background.I have all the latest driverssfc /scannow passed.If I close all the apps I do not get a green screen.My research has suggested that windows green screened because some app was not...
  9. Fingerprint Scanner is Glitchy After Waking Laptop Up From Sleep

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint Scanner is Glitchy After Waking Laptop Up From Sleep: After I wake up my laptop. I try to unlock the computer but it results it windows giving me other options to sign in. I try to keep using my fingerprint but it doesnt work. If I click on another sign in option and then back to the finger print scanner then it works. Also,...
  10. Lock Screen is glitchy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen is glitchy: My lock screen used to work fine but suddenly it doesn't properly display photos or the date and time. The photos change in the top corner of the screen but the photos on the entire screen dont show. Also, my time is cut off and the date doesn't show....