Windows 10: Global hot keys won't work in Express Scribe

Discus and support Global hot keys won't work in Express Scribe in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just started using Windows 10 and find that the global hot keys that I use with Express Scribe aren't working. Funny thing is, when I first loaded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohnK1117, Sep 19, 2018.

1. JohnK1117 Win User

Global hot keys won't work in Express Scribe

I just started using Windows 10 and find that the global hot keys that I use with Express Scribe aren't working.

Funny thing is, when I first loaded everything, it did work. Then it stopped.

Is there a fix for this?

:)

JohnK1117, Sep 19, 2018

2. Windows 10 and Express Scribe

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I suggest you to check the hot keys are working in
    on-screen keyboard and verify the result.

To open on-screen keyboard you may follow the steps in the article below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/type-with-the-on-screen-keyboard

If issue persist there might be issue with the software please contact the software vendor for better assistance.

Express Scribe Transcription Technical Support

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 19, 2018
  3. Windows 10 and Express Scribe

I have just gotten a new laptop that has Windows 10 on it. I downloaded Express Scribe program which I need to transcribe medical charts. It will not co-ordinate with the "hot keys". For example when I press F4 it is supposed to stop. When I press F7
    it is supposed to rewind, etc. None of the keys respond at all. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Moonbeam909, Sep 19, 2018
  4. Global hot keys won't work in Express Scribe

Windows 10 and Express Scribe

After installing Windows 10 my foot pedal will not work in Express Scribe. I have used Express Scribe for many years, so the problem seems to lie with Windows 10. Express Scribe says they are compatible. What does Microsoft say? I currently have STAT
    medical files that need to be transcribed. Help, please.

SusanMcFarland, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

Global hot keys won't work in Express Scribe

1. Global hot keys won't work in Express Scribe - Similar Threads - Global hot keys

2. Hot Keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hot Keys: I'm using Windows 10 and playing games using a Microsoft controller. When using a controller I only have three keys on the controller that I don't need, that I can use as Hot Keys. I need more keys to use as Hot Keys. Since the keyboard is turned off when I'm using a...
  3. hot keys

hot keys: how to disable hot keys win 10 home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hot-keys/5f94d57f-aa17-4f41-a873-0a70e94211ac
  4. Hot Keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hot Keys: When I press F7 it is supposed to pause, but it doesn't. When I press Nn F7 it also doesn't pause. I have an air mouse which has a pause button but that also doesn't work please help!!!...
  5. Hot Keys

Hot Keys: I updated my Windows and I can not use my hot keys or short or short key like Ctrl+C or Ctrl +F. I already change configuration on the ControL Panel and it did not work : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hot-keys/99efe8be-59aa-40ae-bd92-1b8fcdf27694
  6. Windows 10 compatibility issue with some audio files in Express Scribe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 compatibility issue with some audio files in Express Scribe: I purchased a new PC that runs Windows 10. I installed the latest version of Express Scribe. Everything works as it should except that occasionally the audio file seems to be corrupted with periodic glitches as if the recording is on fast speed in sections. The latest...
  7. Hot key

Hot key: I need to input my email address umpteen times and wonder if there is a method that I can program this into a hot key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hot-key/afda7900-16b8-4d77-bea3-82c2e69eb196
  8. Hot keys

Hot keys: How to disable hotkeys in latest version of windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hot-keys/56b08fc0-5735-41df-9613-7548603791cc
  9. Express Scribe

Express Scribe: I just installed Express Scribe Pro. Kinda had to buy the pro because I have a foot pedal for transcription services and the basic Express Scribe is not compatible with the foot pedal. However, ever since I installed Express Scribe, my cursor now has a spinning circle...
  10. Windows 10 won't allow me to set Express Scribe as my default video player.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won't allow me to set Express Scribe as my default video player.: I just had to update to a Windows 10 PC and when I go to set my default video (mp4) programs to use Express Scribe it does not give me that option but only allows me to open them in Windows Media. I need to be able to change this. I need help FAST as I can't work without...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. express scribe hot keys not working

2. new hot key not working in express scribe

3. express scribe short cuts not working

4. hot keys wil not work on express scribe,
  5. transcribe express hot keys are not working microsoft 10,
  6. my express scribe hotkeys do not work,
  7. express scribe transcription software hotkeys doesnt work,
  8. hot key doesnt work in express scribe,
  9. hot keys not working express scribe pro