Windows 10: Global virus fear prompts update for old Windows - BBC News

Discus and support Global virus fear prompts update for old Windows - BBC News in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Fears of a massive global computer virus outbreak have prompted Microsoft to issue security updates for very old versions of its Windows software. One... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Try3, May 16, 2019.

1. Try3 Win User

Global virus fear prompts update for old Windows - BBC News

see also
    Prevent a worm by updating Remote Desktop Services (CVE-2019-0708) – MSRC
    Customer guidance for CVE-2019-0708 Remote Desktop Services Remote Code Execution Vulnerability - MSSupport
    Description of the security update for the remote code execution vulnerability in Windows XP SP3 - MSSupport

and the XP patch can be downloaded from
    KB4500331[the XP patch] - Microsoft Update Catalog

Denis

:)

2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, May 16, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Global virus fear prompts update for old Windows - BBC News :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 16, 2019
  4. Global virus fear prompts update for old Windows - BBC News

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Global virus fear prompts update for old Windows - BBC News - Similar Threads - Global virus fear

2. BBC iPlayer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    BBC iPlayer: Why is the BBC iPlayer no longer available on the Microsoft Store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bbc-iplayer/c1a63175-7012-48f9-9665-a2d50bd9bc2f
  3. fast download of BBC series (for those with access to BBC UK sites)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fast download of BBC series (for those with access to BBC UK sites): Hi folks Seems the BBC has got a whole load of TV series on their iPlayer -- probably good for people stuck for long times at home. If you've got access to BBC site and / or UK based VPN then there's an excellent app called get_iplayer. perfectly 100% legal. get_iPlayer •...
  4. Access to BBC News suddenly unavailable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access to BBC News suddenly unavailable: Hi - In the past few days I have been unable to access both BBC News and BBC iPlayer. Each time I get a msg saying 'unable to access this site' despite it having been no problem for years. Any ideas? Thanks...
  5. BBC Radio stopped on -- Smart speakers etc Alexa no good for BBC

BBC Radio stopped on -- Smart speakers etc Alexa no good for BBC: Hi folks I see BBC has stopped its Radio services on Tunein - which a load of apps like smart speakers, Alexa devices etc use. Reason given is they can't collect data about their users --I assumed that the BBC was a broadcasting organisation not a Data collection service...
  6. Cumulative Fear .

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cumulative Fear .: Or, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Update. Remember how on THIS THREAD I told everyone that this was the latest version you should make sure you have installed [ATTACH] so you know you're ready as can be when 1903 comes along towards the end of this month?...
  7. bbc iPlayer downloads

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bbc iPlayer downloads: hi i have a Lenovo ideapad 110 running windows 10 3 months ago I downloaded the BBC iPlayer download and it worked perfectly 3 weeks ago it stopped working when you download it says download failed and the program that are there will not play I have uninstalled it and cleared...
  8. Daily prompts to update virus definitions via Windows Update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Daily prompts to update virus definitions via Windows Update: Up until about a week ago, MSE (Windows Defender) would update its virus definitions silently. Occasionally, a definition update would appear as an Optional item when other updates were listed. About a week ago, this changed. Now, every time I log in, Windows Update...
  9. BBC iPlayer

BBC iPlayer: iPlayer required me to sign in having replaced my old comp. No problem as I live in UK. However, I am now only allowed to stream as usual but not download to the computer. I received notification that I had to obtain an app through Windows Store! There are none there....
  10. More Local News on Facebook, Globally

in Windows 10 News
    More Local News on Facebook, Globally: Local news helps people connect to their communities about the issues that are closest to home. Earlier this year, we announced a change in the US to prioritize local news so people can see topics that have a direct impact on their community and discover what’s happening in...