Windows 10: Gmail account crashes Windows Mail app

Discus and support Gmail account crashes Windows Mail app in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recent issue I didn't change any setting on my PC, this is totally random: When I'm switching to my gmail account - mail app crashes. Also tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GregTasnadi, May 9, 2020.

1. Gmail account crashes Windows Mail app

Recent issue I didn't change any setting on my PC, this is totally random:

When I'm switching to my gmail account - mail app crashes. Also tried to reset the gmail account but I keep getting the "account out-dated" error.

Reset, uninstall-reinstall didn't help.

Thanks for the reply,

Greg

:)

GregTasnadi, May 9, 2020
  2. 10win10 Win User

Windows 10 Mail App - stop sync automatically Gmail Account

hi, you can add images how you re-add your gmail account?
    i don't find right now but i search for some article about that, but pretty sure that i read somewhere about that
    Add Gmail and Other Email to Windows 10 Mail Calendar (Updated)

thanks

10win10, May 9, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Mail forgets Gmail password almost every day

Reason

Windows Mail app keeps prompting for Gmail account password frequently with the "your gmail settings are out of date" message—
    According to a comment on this post . . .

Potential Solutions

Based on some quick research there may be two options that may help resolve this. . .

1. Enable the 2-Step Verification functionality and security feature with your Gmail account and then use the 2-Step Verification to verify and trust the Windows Mail app to have access to your Gmail account
    2. Enable and use the Less Secure Apps functionality by turning that ON and using your usual Gmail account password with the Windows Mail app to authenticate

Further Resources

Pimp Juice IT, May 9, 2020
  4. JohnnyGui Win User

Gmail account crashes Windows Mail app

Windows Mail app not syncing Gmail account anymore

I am using my Gmail account through the Windows Mail app.

Lately, I noticed that whenever I open up the Mail app after a boot, a pop up appears saying that I have to log into my Gmail account each time. Today, I got a pop up in Action Center saying that my Gmail account information is outdated. So I deleted the account from the Mail app and added it again. However, now the Mail app is not syncing any mails from my Gmail account anymore; it's saying that there are no emails although I have selected to sync the last 3 months. IMAP and POP are enabled in the Gmail account settings.

Looking into the Reliability History, I can see 2 different crashes has occurred a few days back concerning "Microsoft Outlook Accounts" and "Mail and Calendar-accounts (POFContextAppCrash)"

The app is up to date.

Anyone else experiencing this?

JohnnyGui, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Gmail account crashes Windows Mail app

1. Gmail account crashes Windows Mail app - Similar Threads - Gmail account crashes

2. Gmail Account Issues in Mail App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gmail Account Issues in Mail App: Keep getting 'Attention required' for my gmail pop account.James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-issues-in-mail-app/c6ddf5ea-d0c2-45cd-a8c7-957d19956c24
  3. Gmail Account Issues in Mail App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gmail Account Issues in Mail App: Keep getting 'Attention required' for my gmail pop account.James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-issues-in-mail-app/c6ddf5ea-d0c2-45cd-a8c7-957d19956c24
  4. app Mail cannot add Gmail account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    app Mail cannot add Gmail account: Hello, I have a problem with my app Mail, it cannot add a Gmail account. I tried to reset its setting, uninstall and reinstall it but it doesn't seem to work. But I can log in to my outlook app? The error code is 0x80080490 we couldn't find your settings. Can you help me fix...
  5. cannot add gmail account to mail app

cannot add gmail account to mail app: Whenever i try to add my gmail account it gives me this error message "Something went wrong, we couldn't find your settings, Error code : 0x80070490." I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mail app but it doesn't help....
  6. Unable to add Gmail account in Mail app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to add Gmail account in Mail app: Hi, I got into a problem that I can't add my Google and Yahoo account on mail apps of win 10. I'm sure that the problem doesn't related to any account issue because the apps is crashing when I click to add an account before the user and password page, that the...
  7. Gmail accout crashes windows mail app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gmail accout crashes windows mail app: Recent issue I didn't change any setting on my PC, this is totally random: When I'm switching to my gmail account - mail app crashes. Also tried to reset the gmail account but I keep getting the "account out-dated" error. Reset, uninstall-reinstall didn't help. Thanks...
  8. Mail app not loggin to gmail account.

Mail app not loggin to gmail account.: In mail I am unable to open Gmail account as every time Mail is opened its asking to link account, but in Settings - Email & Accounts - account used by email, calendar and contacts my Gmail account is displayed as linked. Pls suggest how to get Mail app working again....
  9. Mail App and Gmail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail App and Gmail: Hello, when I try to add a Gmail account in Windows 10 Mail App I always get error. [ATTACH] I press "Google" here and then get the following error: [ATTACH] My Internet Connection is not a problem! How can I fix this?...
  10. Mail App and Gmail

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App and Gmail: I've always had my gmail account linked to the Windows 10 mail app, however the last update I did the mail app is a complete mess and will not show my gmail messages. I've deleted and relinked the account but it's not linking properly at all. I was able to successfully link a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gmail account crashes windows mail app