Windows 10: GMail account no longer works in Windows Mail app

Discus and support GMail account no longer works in Windows Mail app in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 Home x64 Version 1803 Last Cumulative Update KB4462919 installed on 10/10/2018 Ever since I installed the above cumulative update my... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by raygo1975, Oct 15, 2018.

1. raygo1975 Win User

GMail account no longer works in Windows Mail app

Running Windows 10 Home x64 Version 1803
    Last Cumulative Update KB4462919 installed on 10/10/2018
    Ever since I installed the above cumulative update my Windows Mail app has started to not work with my g-mail accounts. They no longer will download new mail and when I try to sync one it comes up with a sync error. If I click on the sync error symbol it gives me a window titled "Attention Required" with the two options of Change Mailbox Sync Settings or Delete Account.
    I tried to see if there was any thing in the sync settings that might be wrong but it all looked good to me. I then deleted one of my G-Mail accounts and tried to add it back again. After adding it back in it just says Creating Account and never does anything, I let it run all night thinking it might be downloading all my e-mails but in the morning it was still creating account, I killed it.
    I just checked and the only e-mail account that still works is my Hotmail account, my yahoo accounts and my comcast account do not work either.
    I am going to try one thing while I wait for a response.
    Seeing as windows mail does not seem to work anymore I am going to uninstall the app and then reinstall it and see if I can get my e-mail accounts to work again. If not I will be looking for a new e-mail client.

see screen shot for what I am seeing when I try to sync an account other than Hotmail.

:)

raygo1975, Oct 15, 2018
  2. 10win10 Win User

Windows 10 Mail App - stop sync automatically Gmail Account

hi, you can add images how you re-add your gmail account?
    i don't find right now but i search for some article about that, but pretty sure that i read somewhere about that
    Add Gmail and Other Email to Windows 10 Mail Calendar (Updated)

thanks

10win10, Oct 15, 2018
  3. Mail no longer displays Gmail account, but seems to recognize it.

I did Windows Update 13 July 2018. Today the Mail app no longer displays my gmail account. Windows LIve account is visible but not gmail. I tried removing and then adding Gmail account again but Gmail still does not show up on the accounts list.
    I can log into google directly and access gmail, but right now I cannot use Mail to access my gmail account. HELP!

DeRavenSey, Oct 15, 2018
  4. AndreTen Win User

Windows 10 Mail App - stop sync automatically Gmail Account

Where did you get that message about mail app isn't supported? And to create application password? Can you post a picture of it?

I'm using gmail account in Mail app with two step verification and all I had to do was confirm password and second step verification.. All went smooth, and I'm getting mails in multiple Windows PCs and phone.

AndreTen, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

1. GMail account no longer works in Windows Mail app - Similar Threads - GMail account longer

2. Gmail Account Issues in Mail App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gmail Account Issues in Mail App: Keep getting 'Attention required' for my gmail pop account.James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-issues-in-mail-app/c6ddf5ea-d0c2-45cd-a8c7-957d19956c24
  3. Gmail Account Issues in Mail App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gmail Account Issues in Mail App: Keep getting 'Attention required' for my gmail pop account.James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-issues-in-mail-app/c6ddf5ea-d0c2-45cd-a8c7-957d19956c24
  4. Gmail account not working on windows 10 mail & calendars app.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gmail account not working on windows 10 mail & calendars app.: I have three email accounts I use. A Yahoo account, a Comcast Xfinity account and a Gmail account. The first two work fine but when the Gmail account is added it initially comes up and populates the messages. If I go to either of the other accounts it stops working and the...
  5. Windows 10 Mail app no longer syncing with Gmail

Windows 10 Mail app no longer syncing with Gmail: Already removed my Gmail from the Windows Mail app and relinked it to see if that was the issue but nope...won't sync. I logged into Gmail online and I see the interface has changed a bit...maybe they did an update and Windows no longer works with it? Either way, my emails...
  6. Gmail account crashes Windows Mail app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gmail account crashes Windows Mail app: Recent issue I didn't change any setting on my PC, this is totally random: When I'm switching to my gmail account - mail app crashes. Also tried to reset the gmail account but I keep getting the "account out-dated" error. Reset, uninstall-reinstall didn't help. Thanks...
  7. Mail app not loggin to gmail account.

Mail app not loggin to gmail account.: In mail I am unable to open Gmail account as every time Mail is opened its asking to link account, but in Settings - Email & Accounts - account used by email, calendar and contacts my Gmail account is displayed as linked. Pls suggest how to get Mail app working again....
  8. Windows 10 Mail App not working for child gmail account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Mail App not working for child gmail account: Hi Community, hope someone can help. I have a child account that I am trying to use the Mail app in Windows 10. When I try to add a Gmail account to Windows Mail I am unable to complete the Wizard and setup the account with it saying that it cant be set up. Does anyone know...
  9. GMail account no longer works in Windows Mail app

in Windows 10 Support
    GMail account no longer works in Windows Mail app: Running Windows 10 Home x64 Version 1803 Last Cumulative Update KB4462919 installed on 10/10/2018 Ever since I installed the above cumulative update my Windows Mail app has started to not work with my g-mail accounts. They no longer will download new mail and when I try to...
  10. Mail no longer displays Gmail account, but seems to recognize it.

Mail no longer displays Gmail account, but seems to recognize it.: I did Windows Update 13 July 2018. Today the Mail app no longer displays my gmail account. Windows LIve account is visible but not gmail. I tried removing and then adding Gmail account again but Gmail still does not show up on the accounts list. I can log into...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gmail no longer syncing with MailApp