Windows 10: Gmail account on Mail. New email disappears while typing.

Discus and support Gmail account on Mail. New email disappears while typing. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've had this a couple of times now. While I'm typing a response to an Gmail-email, the response draft suddenly disapears and is also not in the drafts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by theking2, Jul 17, 2020.

1. theking2 Win User

Gmail account on Mail. New email disappears while typing.

I've had this a couple of times now. While I'm typing a response to an Gmail-email, the response draft suddenly disapears and is also not in the drafts folder or send folder. It seems to happen during an server update. I've lost quite some time during this bug in Mail.

Anyone else experiences this as well?

:)

theking2, Jul 17, 2020
  2. Frick Win User

Advice needed : New e-mail account

It does, but what if I'm at a shared computer and don't want my account to show up on the list? That's what I'm on about.

Frick, Jul 17, 2020
  3. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Jul 17, 2020
  4. Gmail account on Mail. New email disappears while typing.

Emails saved to drafts while still typing using the Windows 10 Mail APP

Hi Pat,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

• When exact this happens, while composing a new email or while replying/forwarding to emails or with both?
    • Is the issue confined with composing a new email or replying/forwarding to one particular sender or domain or with all?
    • Is that the only primary account configured in Windows 10 Mail App or it is an additional account?
    • If yes, then is that a Microsoft account? if not, then please specify.
    If that is an additional account, then I suggest you to remove the account and reconfigure it and check the behavior.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Delete-an-email-account-from-Mail-and-Calendar-apps-dba65c49-648d-4d76-9f88-b7bc22a2cc3d

Please keep us updated with the status of the Windows 10 Mail App, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

Gmail account on Mail. New email disappears while typing.

1. Gmail account on Mail. New email disappears while typing. - Similar Threads - Gmail account Mail

2. Email draft Disappeared While Typing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Email draft Disappeared While Typing: While I was in the process of typing on a very long email draft I looked up at the screen on my pc and everything was gone except the last 3 words I had just typed. I have been working on the email for 2 days. So I have had no problems going back to my draft and adding to it....
  3. Email draft Disappeared While Typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email draft Disappeared While Typing: While I was in the process of typing on a very long email draft I looked up at the screen on my pc and everything was gone except the last 3 words I had just typed. I have been working on the email for 2 days. So I have had no problems going back to my draft and adding to it....
  4. Email draft Disappeared While Typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Mail BCC is not sending emails to gmail accounts

Windows 10 Mail BCC is not sending emails to gmail accounts: I regularly send emails using BCC to approx. 20 email accounts. I have never had a problem with this in Outlook or anywhere else. On Windows 10 Mail I have realised that the BCC fails to deliver the email at all to any gmail recipient - no error message, they just seem to be...
  6. Message disappearing - GMAIL on Mail for Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Message disappearing - GMAIL on Mail for Windows 10: Hello I have recently had a few instances of constructing and sending an e-mail whilst using a gmail account on mail for windows 10 only for the email to disappear entirely. I can't locate it in my sent mail folder, outbox folder or my drafts folder. In one instance I...
  7. gmail with windows 10 mail app sent email disappears

gmail with windows 10 mail app sent email disappears: I have configured windows 10 mail application with my google email address. I sent a mail. I got an acknowledgement email back in reply, but the sent email has disappeared. Its not in sent mail, sent items, or all mail. I've also checked on mail.google.com directly. The...
  8. Email accounts on Windows 10 Mail App disappearing

Email accounts on Windows 10 Mail App disappearing: I have several outlook.com email accounts configured on the Mail app in Windows 10. But every now and again, I find that one or two of the accounts are no longer reflected and then the only alternative is to add them back again. Why is that so? Would it be to some sort of...
  9. Typing new gmail message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Typing new gmail message: Why when i'm typing an email on the new Gmail format-which i utterley hate-is it pre-empting the next word when i don't want to even use it? 'Tab' keeps appearing!...
  10. Read emails in Gmail Inbox disappear, but showing in All Mail.

in Browsers and Email
    Read emails in Gmail Inbox disappear, but showing in All Mail.: So this just started today (like an hour ago). When I get an email in Gmail it shows in my Inbox. If I open it to read it, and then close it, it still shows in my Inbox, but if I refresh then it disappears. Only unread emails show. If I check All Mail it shows the read...