Windows 10: Gmail added to MS Mail, lost emails

Discus and support Gmail added to MS Mail, lost emails in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have added my Gmail account to the Mail app but the folder structure was imported rather than the emails contained in the folders. I missed lots of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SarahMedina, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Gmail added to MS Mail, lost emails

I have added my Gmail account to the Mail app but the folder structure was imported rather than the emails contained in the folders. I missed lots of information because lots of emails hadn’t been imported. I cannot resolve the problem without your help

:)

SarahMedina, Mar 4, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Gmail - Getting mails not exactly sent to me

No one else is getting anyone's mail because of this... It is NOT a bug.
    It is intentional. All those addresses belong to you, no matter where the dot.

Quoted from GMail help:

Test it... send yourself an email with no dot in your name.

95Viper, Mar 4, 2019
  3. MS Mail - Adding a Gmail account imports the folder structure, but not the emails within the sub-folders

Hi Barry,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Are you able to see all your emails when you login to your Gmail account in your preferred web browser?

I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in Fix problems with apps
    from Microsoft Store
    and check if this helps.

Once you reset the Mail Application, then I suggest you to re-add the Gmail Account and check if you are able to see all of your emails.

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Mar 4, 2019
  4. Barry0501 Win User

Gmail added to MS Mail, lost emails

MS Mail - Adding a Gmail account imports the folder structure, but not the emails within the sub-folders

Hello,

I'm using the BASIC MS Mail and have added a Gmail account.

The Gmail folder structure has been imported, but the emails contained in the folders is confusing.

In one case, only the last email has been 'imported', in some many of the emails are present, but only to 1 year ago?

I've tried searching for content in case that caused the missing information to be downloaded, but it has no effect.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance

Moved from:

Email

/

Managing email folders

Barry0501, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

Gmail added to MS Mail, lost emails

1. Gmail added to MS Mail, lost emails - Similar Threads - Gmail added Mail

2. Gmail Account cannot be added to Windows Mail app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gmail Account cannot be added to Windows Mail app.: After entering Email and password, the error occurs, i dont know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-cannot-be-added-to-windows-mail-app/78646cd5-540e-4ded-bff4-843a0ec5af05
  3. Gmail Account cannot be added to Windows Mail app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gmail Account cannot be added to Windows Mail app.: After entering Email and password, the error occurs, i dont know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-cannot-be-added-to-windows-mail-app/78646cd5-540e-4ded-bff4-843a0ec5af05
  4. Email Pass Words are they different in MS Mail than in GMail or Yahoo

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Email Pass Words are they different in MS Mail than in GMail or Yahoo: Note Difference Email Pass words on my lap top and Kindal Fire than on my Desk top. Lap top has 16 characters ? and Gmail and Yahoo have only 9 I tried deleting one Address and creating a new one, but MS does not recognize my Gmail or Yahoo pass words Please advise Ace...
  5. Lost email in Mail and Calendar app

Lost email in Mail and Calendar app: Hi! Yesterday it took me 3 hours to write an important email. I finished it and I sent it. Saw it on the outbox folder the disappeared as I supposed that it was sent. Closed the computer (sleep) and today when I was checking for the time that I sent the email I couldn't...
  6. Adding gmail accounts to Microsoft mail

Adding gmail accounts to Microsoft mail: Hi, After updating to Win Pro 10 64 v.1809 build 17763.316 (from v. 1803), I could not sync with my gmail accounts anymore. I deleted them. I am now unable to add them back. I tried multiple solutions - including the one given in august 2018 on this forum - but I am still...
  7. MS Mail - Adding a Gmail account imports the folder structure, but not the emails within...

MS Mail - Adding a Gmail account imports the folder structure, but not the emails within...: Hello, I'm using the BASIC MS Mail and have added a Gmail account. The Gmail folder structure has been imported, but the emails contained in the folders is confusing. In one case, only the last email has been 'imported', in some many of the emails are present, but only to...
  8. Mail downloads gmail emails also into Hotmail

Mail downloads gmail emails also into Hotmail: Hi, I use the Mail desktop program for 2 email accounts Gmail and Hotmail. I receive my Gmail emails also into the Hotmail Inbox. How do I stop this, which setting am I missing? Thanks....
  9. Adding email to mail app

Adding email to mail app: I am trying to add another email to my mail app on my HP envy laptop but it keeps coming up with a error "something went wrong, error code...etc" I have added other emails with no trouble but I cant figure why this one wont work? My business partner has set it up on there...
  10. Mail not adding email properly.

in Browsers and Email
    Mail not adding email properly.: So in a nutshell I had to reformat due to a booting issue. I know my email address, password, pop3 ports and mail servers. I can't get it to work again. I downloaded Windows Live Mail for Essentials 2012 and it freaking works just fine but Windows 10 Mail won't? It was...