Windows 10: gmail and firefox

Discus and support gmail and firefox in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi. Had many many compatibility problems with windows 10. HP have been brilliant. I have to use firefox now because 10 doesn't like chrome. It doesn't... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sandy007, Nov 18, 2015.

1. sandy007 Win User

gmail and firefox

Hi. Had many many compatibility problems with windows 10. HP have been brilliant. I have to use firefox now because 10 doesn't like chrome. It doesn't like avg either.
    anyway, I recently had a hip replacement and have other medical issues. I desperately need to send a document that i scanned on my phone to the google drive on my new laptop.
    I have the same issue with sending myself an email of my personal spreadsheets.
    Every single time it defaults to outlook. I refuse to pay for microsoft products and I just need an easy solution to this headache if there is one please.
    simply put I have gone from vista to 10, I am trying to teach myself. I use firefox now with settings to gmail. I have downloaded adobe file reader, but no matter what i do i cannot email anything using my gmail email. I do not want to use outlook

Thanks in advance
    *Sick*Mad*Sad

:)

sandy007, Nov 18, 2015
  2. JimWynne Win User

How to set Firefox (Gmail) as Windows' default service for email links

Of course GMail is not a program. And this is why OutlookCalendarScroll was asking "How to set
    Firefox as Windows' default for email
    ", and why we are talking mostly about Firefox, and not about Gmail here. The webservice you choose in Firefox doesn't change in any way my solution. We are talking here about how can we force Windows 10
    to open all email links with Firefox. The manner Firefox reacts to these links well that's another story (Story i mentionned in "NB" section, but here we are in a Microsoft forum, so i don't want to develop more on this point, there is all informations you
    need on this point here :
    https://support.mozilla.org/fr/products/firefox
    ).

And sure, you need to have Firefox installed on your computer if you want to launch Firefox on your computer...

Wrong, wrong, wrong. We're talking about setting the Gmail web service as the default mail client, which you acknowledge can't be done. Having the "send to" or "Mail to" prompts open Firefox doesn't address the issue. Even if one has Firefox
    set to open Gmail when it starts it won't accomplish such things as placing attachments in an email message, which can be done if a proper email client is set as the Windows default.

JimWynne, Nov 18, 2015
  3. How to set Firefox (Gmail) as Windows' default service for email links

Of course GMail is not a program. And this is why OutlookCalendarScroll was asking "How to set
    Firefox as Windows' default for email
    ", and why we are talking mostly about Firefox, and not about Gmail here. The webservice you choose in Firefox doesn't change in any way my solution. We are talking here about how can we force Windows 10
    to open all email links with Firefox. The manner Firefox reacts to these links well that's another story (Story i mentionned in "NB" section, but here we are in a Microsoft forum, so i don't want to develop more on this point, there is all informations you
    need on this point here :
    https://support.mozilla.org/products/firefox
    ).

And sure, you need to have Firefox installed on your computer if you want to launch Firefox on your computer...

Quendinator, Nov 18, 2015
  4. gmail and firefox

Not Myself, Nov 19, 2015
  5. Berton Win User
    I'm not having any problems with the free AVG on my Win10 computers, both Home and Pro.

I have installed a Windows-based replacement for E-Mail Clients called Outlook Express Classic or OE Classic, seems to be fine on Win10 and is free. They do have a Pro version for $24.95, considerably cheaper than Outlook.
    OE Classic - Easy to use Outlook Express replacement

I have seen an issue with other Webmail/online E-Mail programs where the To:, CC: and BCC: doesn't work when trying to send to the same address as in From:, best solution was to use a second address/account. Never did determine if that was a restriction by the site.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

gmail and firefox

1. gmail and firefox - Similar Threads - gmail firefox

2. Windows 10 Right Click >Send To >Mail Recipient to open Gmail in Firefox? Is it possible?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Right Click >Send To >Mail Recipient to open Gmail in Firefox? Is it possible?: Does anyone know if there is a way when you right-click on a file and choose the “Send to Mail Recipient” and direct it to use Gmail, but without the need for downloading a client? I am using Firefox. submitted by /u/gett13 [link] [comments]...
  3. Installing wallpaper on Gmail and Firefox?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Installing wallpaper on Gmail and Firefox?: Can somebody please tell me how to install a photo wallpaper on Gmail and Firefox?? - I have been searching forHOURS and can't find the answer! [IMG]...
  4. CANNOT SIGN IN TO CHROME/GMAIL OR FIREFOX

in Windows 10 Customization
    CANNOT SIGN IN TO CHROME/GMAIL OR FIREFOX: After a successful reinstall of Win 10 on my PC, I have encountered a problem with Chrome and Firefox. I have downloaded both through the Edge browser, but when I attempt to sign in to either, I enter my username, but when I try to populate the password box, it only allows me...
  5. [SOLVED] Info on setting up Gmail as the default using Firefox?

in Browsers and Email
    [SOLVED] Info on setting up Gmail as the default using Firefox?: I am looking to configure W10 Pro 1809 to use Gmail as the default mailbox, opened in Firefox which is already the default browser. The are numerous web articles but their instructions refer to menu objects that were renamed and moved. So, I got nowhere. Can anyone please...
  6. Info on setting up Gmail as the default using Firefox?

in Windows 10 Support
    Info on setting up Gmail as the default using Firefox?: I am looking to configure W10 Pro 1809 to use Gmail as the default mailbox, opened in Firefox which is already the default browser. The are numerous web articles but their instructions refer to menu objects that were renamed and moved. So, I got nowhere. Can anyone please...
  7. Google immediatly logging me out every time I open my GMail or Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Google immediatly logging me out every time I open my GMail or Firefox: Hi' Is this a Virus? Google is logging me out every time I open my GMail new Firefox Page, Facebook and All Google Accounts , Even though i have just done just that... it's immediate I have tried and tried to “Google” for help’ but any solutions are 2017-2018 or earlier only...
  8. Google immediatly logging me out every time I open my GMail or Firefox

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Google immediatly logging me out every time I open my GMail or Firefox: Hi' Is this a Virus? Google is logging me out every time I open my GMail new Firefox Page, Facebook and All Google Accounts , Even though i have just done just that... it's immediate I have tried and tried to “Google” for help’ but any solutions are 2017-2018 or earlier only...
  9. Set Firefox/gmail as my default mail client

in Browsers and Email
    Set Firefox/gmail as my default mail client: Clicking on an mailto link in Excel or Word no longer brings me to Firefox and gmail. I have Windows 10. My default browser is set to Firefox. Website hyperlinks in Excel or Word work fine, taking me to Firefox. Within Firefox the mailto is set to gmail and this works if I am...
  10. firefox and Gmail shortcuts (etc) do not activate in new win10

in Browsers and Email
    firefox and Gmail shortcuts (etc) do not activate in new win10: I managed to get the win 10 download and on my first try after reboot the Gmail and Firefox (default usually) did nothing...When I printed in my site request into firefox there was no response... this applies to my Gmail shortcut and various others. I can only get on the web...