Windows 10: Gmail and windows email app

Discus and support Gmail and windows email app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I bought a recent laptop, but I can´t add my gmail account in windows email app. Error message: Something went wrong. We couldn't find your settings.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DANIELPINTO9, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Gmail and windows email app

I bought a recent laptop, but I can´t add my gmail account in windows email app.

Error message: Something went wrong. We couldn't find your settings. Error 0x80070490

Tried several tips without success. Is there any windows update to solve this issue?

Many Thanks

DannyP

:)

DANIELPINTO9, Feb 25, 2021
  2. fisher99 Win User

Best Multi-User Email App?

Hello. I am looking for an email app that will support 2 users, each with 2 different email accounts (one gmail and one outlook account each). Ideally they would like to use a single email program for both of them but would like separate inboxes for each person.

So, ideally:
    • One email program.
    • Two inboxes, with each inbox collecting email from a unique gmail account and a unique outlook account.

Will be interested in any suggestions.

fisher99, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Unable to add Gmail account in Mail app

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are trying to add Yahoo/Gmail email account in Mail app.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 currently installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the Version of Mail app installed?
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft Antivirus/security program installed?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that helps.

Steps to add Yahoo email in Mail app.

1. In yahoo mails account security, click on manage app passwords.
    2. After selecting other app and entering the new app name in the text box
    3. Now, in Windows 10 mail app, add this type of account.
    4. In Windows 10 mail app, enter your details and the password generated by step 2

Steps to add Gmail email in Mail app

Step 1: Connect your Google account to PC

1. Go to the Security section of your Google account
    2. Under Connected
      apps
      and sites, go to Apps
      connected to your account
    3. Make sure that Windows is on the list

Step 2: Enable IMAP on your Google account

1. Sign in to Gmail
    2. Click the gear in the top right
    3. Select Settings
    4. Click Forwarding
      and POP/IMAP

5. Select Enable IMAP
    6. Click Save Changes

Step 3: Add Gmail account.

1. Open Mail app.
    2. Click on the gear icon to open settings.
    3. Click on Manage account.
    4. Click on Add account.
    5. Now select Google and check if you are able to add the account.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 25, 2021
  4. chok Win User

Gmail and windows email app

Calendar app stuck on Creating account with Gmail

No, there is no email listed on Email and Accounts. (And I get the same problem when I try to add my gmail adress (or another), it connect to gmail, then ask for permission, then the windows popup "creating account" get stuck).

https://i.imgur.com/5QMiZdS.png

ps: since I use the same email to connect with edge (the one show on the screenshot above in "account used by other apps"), I removed it but it did not solve the issue.
    - - - Updated - - -

No it isn't (it's not that easy ;-) ). Cf my last answer.

Thank you guys for your perseverance!

I guess the gmail account hasn't been completely deleted, windows or the app messed up somewhere.

Thema:

Gmail and windows email app

1. Gmail and windows email app - Similar Threads - Gmail email app

2. Windows Mail App not showing emails in gmail subfolders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail App not showing emails in gmail subfolders: I have been using the Windows 11 Mail app the envelope icon with my gmail account and it has been working fine except for showing emails in existing folders. Screenshot below shows an example. The folder New Fence contains emails but in the mail app, it is empty. I get around...
  3. Windows Mail App not showing emails in gmail subfolders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail App not showing emails in gmail subfolders: I have been using the Windows 11 Mail app the envelope icon with my gmail account and it has been working fine except for showing emails in existing folders. Screenshot below shows an example. The folder New Fence contains emails but in the mail app, it is empty. I get around...
  4. Gmail and Windows email client

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gmail and Windows email client: Hi I have been facing a really weird issue with my Gmail account and Windows 10 email client. My sent emails don't show up in the 'Sent' folder. The mail gets sent without any issue; it just doesn't show up in the respective folder. Solutions suggested here didn't work...
  5. Sent emails/Gmail/Windows 10 app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sent emails/Gmail/Windows 10 app: Hi all. Over the weekend, the emails that I have been sending have not been showing in my sent items folder, although sometimes getting through to the recipient, sometimes not. I've removed my account, checked all the settings and followed the online guides. System updated...
  6. gmail with windows 10 mail app sent email disappears

gmail with windows 10 mail app sent email disappears: I have configured windows 10 mail application with my google email address. I sent a mail. I got an acknowledgement email back in reply, but the sent email has disappeared. Its not in sent mail, sent items, or all mail. I've also checked on mail.google.com directly. The...
  7. Windows 10 email app changes hyperlinks in gmail

Windows 10 email app changes hyperlinks in gmail: I use Win 10 email app for gmail. Lately it has changed all hyperlinks in emails, so they do not open. The only thing I can click on this is OK. I can't right click it even. Message: Unable to open. Hover Example: [ATTACH] However, When I open gmail on Avast browser, when I...
  8. Gmail on the surface email app

Gmail on the surface email app: I just got a surface pro 6 and it is my first one. I signed up for a Microsoft account using my gmail. Now I am trying to add my gmail to the email app so I can view all my email accounts in one place and it keeps giving me an error code saying that is can't be done. I don't...
  9. Cant send email with Mail app windows 10 gmail account

Cant send email with Mail app windows 10 gmail account: Hello there, i installed my gmail account to the windows 10 mail app and it is working correctly in the sence of recieving emails. i can read them and so far it is working correctly, but when i try to send an email, its not leaving my mail account. insteed of sending it, i...
  10. Gmail in windows 10 email

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gmail in windows 10 email: after setting up @gmail account it is not receiving email ; refresh sends error code: server does not support MSFT exch ActiveSync ; 0x85030022 what settings do I adjust to "fix" this issue. new outlook.com e mail is working...