Windows 10: Gmail and Windows email client

Discus and support Gmail and Windows email client in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi I have been facing a really weird issue with my Gmail account and Windows 10 email client. My sent emails don't show up in the 'Sent' folder. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lt007, Jun 21, 2020.

1. /u/lt007 Win User

Gmail and Windows email client

Hi

I have been facing a really weird issue with my Gmail account and Windows 10 email client. My sent emails don't show up in the 'Sent' folder. The mail gets sent without any issue; it just doesn't show up in the respective folder. Solutions suggested here didn't work either: https://support.google.com/mail/thread/4019348?hl=en .

Please note that:
    1. There are no filters which I can disable.
    2. 'Show in IMAP' is enabled in Settings ->Labels->System labels.
    3. This issue is specific to Windows 10 email client as I didn't encounter this issue with Outlook client on my PC or Gmail client on my mobile.
    4. I could find some of sent emails in the 'Spam' folder which is even weirder. I couldn't find the rest even in 'Trash' folder as suggested in the link above.

What could be the potential issue?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/lt007
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lt007, Jun 21, 2020

2. how to make gmail as the default email client in win 10

when I try to set gmail as my default client in win 10 I do not see the app listed in the default list in the "defualt programs" list. How do I set up gmail as the default email client?

mikestew27, Jun 21, 2020
  3. qubit Win User
    How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Jun 21, 2020
  4. 7.62 Win User

Email clients not remembering passwords

Hi all

A friends computer will not remember his gmail password. He used to use outlook, and seeing that I use thunderbird and it would be easier to troubleshoot I installed that for him. Now that was working for a few weeks, and now the same problem is occuring.

We are 100% sure the password is correct, as we can access the email account through webmail, but the local clients will not remember the correct password. Of course the 'Remember password' button is checked, but still no good.

It returns with incorrect password.

Any suggestions?

Thema:

1. Gmail and Windows email client - Similar Threads - Gmail email client

2. Using Chrome - in websites email links not opening my Gmail client

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Chrome - in websites email links not opening my Gmail client: Im using Chrome. I go to a website where there is an email link. I click the link but my Gmail client doesn't open to enable me to send an email...
  3. Using Chrome - in websites email links not opening my Gmail client

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using Chrome - in websites email links not opening my Gmail client: Im using Chrome. I go to a website where there is an email link. I click the link but my Gmail client doesn't open to enable me to send an email...
  4. updating email client

updating email client: hiyaim getting the following error code when updating my yahoo account0x8019019awhat does it mean and how can i fix itthanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updating-email-client/4a7c8754-087a-4e39-9ce6-35e9ee828797
  5. Gmail and windows email app

Gmail and windows email app: I bought a recent laptop, but I can´t add my gmail account in windows email app. Error message: Something went wrong. We couldn't find your settings. Error 0x80070490 Tried several tips without success. Is there any windows update to solve this issue? Many Thanks...
  6. Windows default email client

in Browsers and Email
    Windows default email client: In settings>default Apps I have Outlook set as my default email client However when I right click on a file and select "send to" and then "mail Recipient" windows 10 opens Thunderbird which I have installed but rarely use and know for a fact that it is not my default email...
  7. Windows Email Client

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Email Client: I use Outlook for my email client and have done so without a problem for twelve years. A few days ago I decided to also open a Windows email client and that is when my problem started. Once I did this all my Outlook folders where I store important emails disappeared and...
  8. Gmail in windows 10 email

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gmail in windows 10 email: after setting up @gmail account it is not receiving email ; refresh sends error code: server does not support MSFT exch ActiveSync ; 0x85030022 what settings do I adjust to "fix" this issue. new outlook.com e mail is working...
  9. email client

in Browsers and Email
    email client: I have Windows 10 pro and have been using Windows Mail; unfortunately it is erratic syncing and I just lost a valuable folder. It seems ok at times and I like its simplicity because I am at an average tech level. I have had other issues with it so have discontinued use....
  10. windows 10 email client

in Browsers and Email
    windows 10 email client: Hi, I just got a new computer with windows 10 and set up the email client. I cannot find an option that makes the client actaully download email from the email server (verizon). Is there such an option in Windows 10? If not, is there another mail client available to use?...