Windows 10: Gmail - clearing sent folder while keeping archived copy?

Discus and support Gmail - clearing sent folder while keeping archived copy? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Is there any way of clearing out my "sent" folder while keeping the messages "archived" in "all mail"? I hate having my sent folder cluttered with... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rivre, Dec 27, 2017.

1. rivre Win User

Gmail - clearing sent folder while keeping archived copy?

Is there any way of clearing out my "sent" folder while keeping the messages "archived" in "all mail"? I hate having my sent folder cluttered with years of old mail just because I want to keep a copy of it in my "archive". I can see no way of doing this but it's hard to believe you can't do this.

:)

rivre, Dec 27, 2017
  2. gb330033 Win User

Google Mail syncs Inbox only?

I can confirm that it will sync your Gmail sent folder, but you must do as S0Y stated and go to Folders>Show All Folders>Sent Items>Sync this folder. In my limited testing I noticed that it only seemed to sync items that were sent AFTER doing this, so
    I couldn't get my archive of sent items on there. Your result may vary.

gb330033, Dec 27, 2017
  3. jell36 Win User
    Contact support

Yes I saw the warning but does the warning say ' You are about to delete the selected item from your web account ALONG WITH EVERYTHING ELSE LOCATED IN THIS FOLDER THAT YOU ARE UNABLE TO SEE AS WE HAVE SELECTED EVERYTHING NOT JUST WHAT YOU CAN SEE'

If i delete something from my phone that generally means i dont want it anymore so why archive it? archiving is for things you want to keep but do not need at the time.

It is because of my phone archiving everything that led me to clearing out my sent messages folder on the site as i have no need to keep these, this is when it deleted everything.

Still can't belive the files cant be recovered, feels more like someone cant be bothered to recover them.

Hotmail - Deleted files recoverable

yahoo - Deleted files recoverable

Gmail - Deleted files recoverable

I now this isn't an email service but follows very very similar principles in terms of data storage.

jell36, Dec 27, 2017
  4. rivre Win User

I guess this isn't possible?

rivre, Jan 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Gmail - clearing sent folder while keeping archived copy? - Similar Threads - Gmail clearing sent

2. Why we can't copy archive name and cut the same archive at a time to create a folder and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why we can't copy archive name and cut the same archive at a time to create a folder and...: I just can't figure out why in 2022 with all the technology we have. Processors with so many cores. RAM, storage, GPU, software, etc. Why can't we just do a simple task like; Copy the name of a file and at the same time cut the file, to later create a folder and use the...
  3. Why we can't copy archive name and cut the same archive at a time to create a folder and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why we can't copy archive name and cut the same archive at a time to create a folder and...: I just can't figure out why in 2022 with all the technology we have. Processors with so many cores. RAM, storage, GPU, software, etc. Why can't we just do a simple task like; Copy the name of a file and at the same time cut the file, to later create a folder and use the...
  4. Why we can't copy archive name and cut the same archive at a time to create a folder and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. A copy of sent emails is not being saved in my "Sent folder".

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A copy of sent emails is not being saved in my "Sent folder".: We are using the Mail app, Windows 10 on the laptop not Outlook. We have no problem sending or receiving emails. The problem is we don't have a copy of what we have sent. I have tried all suggestions from Windows/Microsoft. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...
  6. email sent to gmail address

in Windows 10 Customization
    email sent to gmail address: I keep keep getting "DELIVERY HAS FAILED TO THESE RECIPIENTS OR GROUPS" for an email I am sending to gmail account. I KNOW it is the correct address. Please help. thank you...
  7. sent emails in gmail acct going to spam instead of sent folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    sent emails in gmail acct going to spam instead of sent folder: sent emails in gmail acct going to spam instead of sent folder. please fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email/1463c6d1-86fb-4a9e-9eb8-b0b50eaf2937
  8. Windows keeps archiving folders automatically.

Windows keeps archiving folders automatically.: Windows keeps "compressing content to save disk space" for Desktop, Documents, and AppData. This has caused slowdown and crashes in certain games for me. I had unchecked the compression of those folders. And now yet again they have decided to archive themselves without...
  9. Windows keeps archiving folders automatically. WHY?!?!?

Windows keeps archiving folders automatically. WHY?!?!?: Windows keeps "compressing content to save disk space" for Desktop, Documents, and AppData. This has caused slowdown and crashes in certain games for me. I had unchecked the compression of those folders. And now yet again they have decided to archive themselves without...
  10. Windows Mail won't sync Gmail Sent Mail folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail won't sync Gmail Sent Mail folder: There was an earlier thread (Nov-Dec 2018) authored by PA Bear - MS MVP. I have tried what he suggested without success. Here is another case. I have a brand new HP Spectre laptop and all Windows updates are up to date. I've added three mail accounts to Windows Mail...