Windows 10: GMail Desktop App - Suggestions?

Discus and support GMail Desktop App - Suggestions? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, everyone, I would love your help ☺️ I am getting a new laptop and need to access Gmail for work since I work as a marketing assistant for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/valupe, Oct 6, 2020.

1. /u/valupe Win User

GMail Desktop App - Suggestions?

Hi, everyone, I would love your help ☺️

I am getting a new laptop and need to access Gmail for work since I work as a marketing assistant for a leading eCommerce business; unfortunately, I use Vivaldi as my go-to browser since Chrome is a resource hog. I'd like to know if there any app or work-arounds for getting the full G Suite experience working on desktop instead of having to open Gmail in the browser each time I want to use it (which is constantly). I currently use Thunderbird for all my email accounts - but, obviously, this isn't G Suite optimized for all G Suite features. I'd be gratefully appreciative for your help.

Thank you!

submitted by /u/valupe
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/valupe, Oct 6, 2020

2. Unable to add Gmail account in Mail app

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are trying to add Yahoo/Gmail email account in Mail app.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 currently installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the Version of Mail app installed?
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft Antivirus/security program installed?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that helps.

Steps to add Yahoo email in Mail app.

1. In yahoo mails account security, click on manage app passwords.
    2. After selecting other app and entering the new app name in the text box
    3. Now, in Windows 10 mail app, add this type of account.
    4. In Windows 10 mail app, enter your details and the password generated by step 2

Steps to add Gmail email in Mail app

Step 1: Connect your Google account to PC

1. Go to the Security section of your Google account
    2. Under Connected
      apps
      and sites, go to Apps
      connected to your account
    3. Make sure that Windows is on the list

Step 2: Enable IMAP on your Google account

1. Sign in to Gmail
    2. Click the gear in the top right
    3. Select Settings
    4. Click Forwarding
      and POP/IMAP

5. Select Enable IMAP
    6. Click Save Changes

Step 3: Add Gmail account.

1. Open Mail app.
    2. Click on the gear icon to open settings.
    3. Click on Manage account.
    4. Click on Add account.
    5. Now select Google and check if you are able to add the account.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 6, 2020
  3. Gmail suspicious activity alert?

I'd definitely setup two-step verification like MailMan suggested. I actually just set it up myself, and have a similar feature on Facebook as well. Better safe than sorry! *Toast :toast:

f22a4bandit, Oct 6, 2020
  4. weybrew Win User

All Gmail links fail

Thanks to Caledon Ken...your suggestion had no effect.

Thanks to bro67...Interestingly enough the Gmail link to this forum reply actually worked, as did your link to "How to Fix....." I tried steps 1 and 2 without success. Step 3 gave me the following screen, which didn't look like the article described. At any rate, the probem is unchanged...screenshot follows.

GMail Desktop App - Suggestions? [​IMG]

GMail Desktop App - Suggestions? [​IMG]

weybrew, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

1. GMail Desktop App - Suggestions? - Similar Threads - GMail Desktop App

2. Desktop notification for Gmail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop notification for Gmail: Hi, I recently reset my computer and when I did it changed a few things on me, so I'm trying to get it back to normal. The only thing that I can't figure out is my desktop notification for Gmail. I have the setting checked in Gmail, but I still don't get the desktop...
  3. App Suggestions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App Suggestions: Hi Below is a screenshot of the current apps I have installed. I was wondering if anyone can suggest some that can help make my computer better or more convenient. Maybe I'm missing a critical one? [img] 168912
  4. Suggestions for excellent desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Suggestions for excellent desktop: I need to buy a late model small desktop, corporate grade preferably to replace an older one which is a SFF HP. I won’t rule out a minitower but would prefer to drop the new into the same physical space as the old, which has been very quiet and essentially flawless. Like the...
  5. Suggested Apps In Registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Suggested Apps In Registry: Hello,While making some repairs in the registry, I found in:"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ContentDeliveryManager\SuggestedApps"a whole list of Apps (not installed yet), as on attached screenshot. In the keyword they are all "1", as I understand all are...
  6. App Suggestion: Calibre

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    App Suggestion: Calibre: The absolute best ebook manager is absent from the app store. This is tragic especially considering it is an open source program. How can one of the top tech giants not include the very best (not to mention FREE) programs to its users?* Please address this flagrant offense....
  7. Mail App and Gmail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail App and Gmail: Hello, when I try to add a Gmail account in Windows 10 Mail App I always get error. [ATTACH] I press "Google" here and then get the following error: [ATTACH] My Internet Connection is not a problem! How can I fix this?...
  8. suggested apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    suggested apps: how do I turn off suggested apps from instalng and showing up on my start automatically? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/suggested-apps/352f9108-e745-468b-b07d-b3c31b486507
  9. Which Desktop To Purchase; Suggestions ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Which Desktop To Purchase; Suggestions ?: Hi, Would appreciate any and all thoughts on this. Want to buy a new Windows10 Desktop pc for my son, and his graduate school courses. I realize that most of these brands, probably, use components from the same sources, and that to a very large extent it is truly the luck...
  10. Mail App and Gmail

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App and Gmail: I've always had my gmail account linked to the Windows 10 mail app, however the last update I did the mail app is a complete mess and will not show my gmail messages. I've deleted and relinked the account but it's not linking properly at all. I was able to successfully link a...