Windows 10: GMAIL folders missing from Windows Mail list of folders

Discus and support GMAIL folders missing from Windows Mail list of folders in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This issue seems to have been going on for years. I've seen lots of posts on different sites but there does not seem to have been any resolution.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by nosrednawf, May 29, 2019.

1. GMAIL folders missing from Windows Mail list of folders

This issue seems to have been going on for years. I've seen lots of posts on different sites but there does not seem to have been any resolution. Essentially, when adding a Gmail account to Windows Mail, not all of the Gmail folders appear, specifically, the Sent folder. When looking at the folder list; under [GMAIL] the following folders appear... All Mail, Drafts, Important, Spam and Starred. The key ones, Sent and Trash (from the Gmail server) do not appear. The Windows Mail app creates a Sent Mail and Trash folder but these are in Gmail as Imap/Sent Mail and Imap/Trash. When sending an email from the Windows Mail app it does not put a copy in the Sent Mail folder, but it does put a copy in the Gmail Sent folder. But since the Gmail Sent folder does not appear at all in the folder list of Windows Mail, you have no access to it without logging in to Gmail via a browser. This has been driving me crazy for about 3-4 years now and I've gone through 2 notebooks and several versions of Windows. I'm on the latest Windows 10 version. I've removed and added the Gmail account many, many times and it's had no effect. I've reviewed all my Gmail settings and the folders in Gmail are all set to be viewed (not hidden) so there just doesn't seem to be any resolution. Running a troubleshooter is useless as this has been a recurring problem with all versions of the Windows Mail app and Windows OS for as long as I can remember.

I can't believe this issue has not been resolved. If it has, I can't seem to find the solution anywhere. Does anyone know of a solution to this issue?

Thx.

:)

nosrednawf, May 29, 2019

2. recover folder from windows live mail

Hi I formatted my hard drive and installed win 7 64bit and I forgot to copy my private folder from Windows Live Mail is there any way to recover it.

cookiemonster, May 29, 2019
  3. vallero Win User
    cannot create folders in windows mail app

when I go to 'more' in the mail app and click + a dialog display appears however when I enter the name of a new folder and click enter it appears momentarily in the folder list then disappears and a message appears at the top screen saying that the action could not be completed. I have tried the suggestions from the windows help site but nothing works. it appears that my only solution is to uninstall and reinstall the app, however that is not possible because I don't want to lose all my e-mails and accounts.
    I think that the problem is definitely with the app and not some weird Windows thing because I can create new folders with my Gmail account.
    Any suggestions will be appreciated, thanks in advance

vallero, May 29, 2019
  4. GMAIL folders missing from Windows Mail list of folders

Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, May 29, 2019
Thema:

GMAIL folders missing from Windows Mail list of folders

1. GMAIL folders missing from Windows Mail list of folders - Similar Threads - GMAIL folders missing

2. Remove "Documents" folder from the list of "Protected folders"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove "Documents" folder from the list of "Protected folders": This is both question and comment. Question is:Is it possible to remove 'Documents' folder or other "system" folders that were automatically added from controlled folder access list ?Their remove button is greyed out, and even trying PowerShell "Remove-MpPreference...
  3. Outlook 2016 and [GMail] or [Google Mail] Folders

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 and [GMail] or [Google Mail] Folders: I am getting frustrated at trying to remove the [GMail] and [Google Mail] headers within Outlook 2016 which have bopthe appeared in the folder structure as you can see here. I have looked in the GMail Labels online through GMail Settings and I can see [GMail] but when I set...
  4. Windows 10 Mail Client Not Showing Contents of GMail Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail Client Not Showing Contents of GMail Folders: I had the problem of the Windows 10 Mail client incorrectly showing GMail folders as empty. No amount of refreshing or changes to the expiry date settings made any difference. The solution: In the GMail web client it is possible to Show or Hide email folders in the folder...
  5. Win10/Mail.app Mails Missing from IMAP Folder

Win10/Mail.app Mails Missing from IMAP Folder: Hi Issue I am using Mail with an IMAP Mail Server gmx.at. For one Imap-Mail-folder i noticed that in Webmail there are 150 Mails present, but in Mail.app just about 40-50. One weird thing is that its not just older mails missing, but some mails inbetween. So for...
  6. Missing folders within Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing folders within Windows Live Mail: After updates, folders in WLM disappear. I have restored them before but nothing is working this time. The solution Compact View - clicking on the green plus sign does not work. I cannot find WLM in file explorer or through %app....% Please advise only for W 10 and WLM as...
  7. Missing folders in my Windows 10 mail

in Browsers and Email
    Missing folders in my Windows 10 mail: Today I was organising my mail and moving around some folders. I was happy with the results and could see these folders so I went on with some emails. Clicking MORE again to use these folders showed that they were missing (including their contents). Any ideas how to find them...
  8. Windows Mail won't sync Gmail Sent Mail folder

Windows Mail won't sync Gmail Sent Mail folder: There was an earlier thread (Nov-Dec 2018) authored by PA Bear - MS MVP. I have tried what he suggested without success. Here is another case. I have a brand new HP Spectre laptop and all Windows updates are up to date. I've added three mail accounts to Windows Mail...
  9. Windows Live mail - contacts folder missing

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live mail - contacts folder missing: I am using Windows Live mail (11) on a Windows 10 platform. Recently I noticed that my Contacts folder is missing. I can view the contacts when composing mail but I do not have a folder of them. 62493
  10. Documents folder missing in Start list

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents folder missing in Start list: IF anyone could help me out here I would really appreciate it. When I click one of the shortcuts in the start menu, I am informed that windows cannot find the specified location. [img] When I try to navigate to the location, windows wont let me select it. Anyone else...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gmail email folder missing

2. emails missing from gmail folders on pc