Windows 10: Gmail IMAP on Outlook 2019

Discus and support Gmail IMAP on Outlook 2019 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Does anyone have the exact procedure for installing Gmail on OL 2019? I have not been able to get it working after many days of trying. I have an... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Dugly, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Dugly Win User

Gmail IMAP on Outlook 2019

Does anyone have the exact procedure for installing Gmail on OL 2019? I have not been able to get it working after many days of trying. I have an application password, turned off & on 2FA, tried several different instructions from various web sites. I've also tried to set it up using the Outlook 2016 set-up on the control panel. Most web sites are using old/obsolete screen captures from previous versions, and many simply posting the same incorrect instructions copied from other websites. I'm looking for instructions that are absolutely clear from step a through z. Anyone?

:)

Dugly, Aug 6, 2019
  2. malware Win User

Google Adds IMAP Support to GMail

GMail has gained IMAP support, one of the most requested features for Google's web-based e-mail service. If you log into your GMail account and head to "settings", the tab for "Forwarding and POP" should now read "Forwarding and POP/IMAP." If it doesn’t, be patient, Google will be rolling out the new IMAP features across the service over the next few days. With IMAP you can access your mail via your desktop client, read mail, make changes and have those changes mirrored by any other client accessing the account. If you access your mail from multiple machines, IMAP allows them all to stay in sync. To enable IMAP in GMail just head to the settings page and change your access from POP to IMAP.

Source: Wired News

malware, Aug 6, 2019
  3. Munki Win User
    GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Aug 6, 2019
  4. SoFine409 Win User

Outlook 2016 IMAP persists in failing to connect with Gmail

That is odd; Here is the screen that I see for my account:

Gmail IMAP on Outlook 2019 [​IMG]

Are you logging into your account with your PC and do you have 2-step verification turned on for your PC?
    Maybe you can not generate another app specific password from a device that has not been verified via 2-step? Give that a try and see if it makes any difference.

If that doesn't work then maybe you should try to install the Gmail app for Android on your S4? I have the Gmail app for IOS installed on my iPads and iPhones and it doesn't need an app specific password each time I check my email as long as I stay logged in. When you set it up it uses your normal gmail address and your password then it does the 2-step verification. After that your good to go. Then you could revoke the S4 app specific password and then you might be able to generate one for the Outlook/PC.

Give these a try.

SoFine409, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Gmail IMAP on Outlook 2019 - Similar Threads - Gmail IMAP Outlook

2. Outlook 2019 connecting to gmail account

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2019 connecting to gmail account: Currently I set up my gmail account to "store and forward" to my internet provider, which is connect to my Outlook 2016 via POP3. I am now setting up Outlook 2019 and want to connect to gmail directly. 1. Will my gmail account continue to work as before, i.e. incoming mails...
  3. Outlook 2019 connecting to gmail account

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook 2019 connecting to gmail account: Currently I set up my gmail account to "store and forward" to my internet provider, which is connect to my Outlook 2016 via POP3. I am now setting up Outlook 2019 and want to connect to gmail directly. 1. Will my gmail account continue to work as before, i.e. incoming mails...
  4. Outlook 2019 IMAP and Gmail

Outlook 2019 IMAP and Gmail: I am unable to set up gmail and outlook 2019 I have followed the info from Microsoft and other help sources using imap.gmail.com Requires SSL: Yes Port: 993 Outgoing mail (SMTP) server smtp.gmail.com Requires SSL: Yes Requires TLS: Yes (if available) Requires Authentication:...
  5. emails from gmail to outlook 2019

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    emails from gmail to outlook 2019: how to trasfer emails from gmail to outlook 2019 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emails-from-gmail-to-outlook-2019/fc22acc7-8dd2-48fb-a58b-2c0a3c43d39a
  6. Outlook 2019 - Spamadoooo !!!! query on Imap

Outlook 2019 - Spamadoooo !!!! query on Imap: Hi there seem to have a really strange thing with Outlook 2019 On a machine running Windows as a VM I have my email domain saying that i have zero emails in the spam folder . That's fine and should normally be fine. Now if I logoff and re-boot into Windows as the HOST...
  7. Outlook 2019 and gmail

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2019 and gmail: Hey guys, I cant get outlook 2019 to connect to gmail. My install of windows is fresh (1909) and so is microsoft office 2019. Hotmail is connected. I have imap set up in my google account and the app password generated. Any ideas? also the mail in windows wouldn't connect to...
  8. Outlook 365 inconsistent login behaviour with IMAP gmail

Outlook 365 inconsistent login behaviour with IMAP gmail: I am using Office 365 and several of my machines have switched to modern authentication for Gmail recently. A window popped up, asking me for my google login and password and I got the 2FA prompt on my phone correctly. So far everything works. One machine refuses to do so and...
  9. Office 2016/2019 defect in Outlook and IMAP

Office 2016/2019 defect in Outlook and IMAP: Hi folks If I use OUTLOOK 2016/2019 to SEND email on IMAP server the SENT mail is visible only on the machine I sent it from . INBOX Mail is OK on all machines Now if I log on to the Mail servers web application all the sent mail is visible. Outlook 2010 works correctly...
  10. Outlook 2016 IMAP persists in failing to connect with Gmail

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 IMAP persists in failing to connect with Gmail: I have a Gmail account. I keep failing for a month now (except for a fleeting few days) to connect Outlook 2016 via IMAP to Gmail. I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 2 two months ago. I had Office 2007. POP email kept working fine. However, a month ago, the perplexing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gmail imap settings outlook 2019

2. gmail imap outlook 2019

3. how to configure gmail win 10 office 2019

4. gmail imap windows 2019,
  5. outlook 2019 for windows 10 gmail