Windows 10: Gmail in Outlook 2010 Won't Connect

Discus and support Gmail in Outlook 2010 Won't Connect in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have Outlook 2010 on one laptop. Starting today Gmail won't connect despite the user name, password and other IMAP details being correct. Gmail is... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Steve C, May 16, 2020.

1. Steve C Win User

Gmail in Outlook 2010 Won't Connect

I have Outlook 2010 on one laptop. Starting today Gmail won't connect despite the user name, password and other IMAP details being correct. Gmail is working fine in Outook 2016, Windows Mail App and my mobile.

Anyone having the same problem?

:)

Steve C, May 16, 2020
  2. Steve C Win User

I have Outlook 2010 on one laptop. Starting today Gmail won't connect despite the user name, password and other IMAP details being correct. Gmail is working fine in Outook 2016, Windows Mail App and my mobile.

Anyone having the same problem?

Steve C, May 16, 2020
  3. Munki Win User
    GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, May 16, 2020
  4. mngerhold Win User

Perhaps you have recently turned on 2-factor authorisation, or turned off 'allow less secure apps'? If so, you can create a an 'app password' under security on your gmail account, and use that to authenticate Outlook 2010 (which doesn't understand 2FA). From then on, as long as it remembers it, Outlook will be able to connect with that password. Be warned that when/if Outlook loses track of it in, say, a year's time, you will forget you did this and be where you are now! I speak from experience.

mngerhold, May 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Gmail in Outlook 2010 Won't Connect - Similar Threads - Gmail Outlook 2010

2. MS Outlook 2010 connectivity

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MS Outlook 2010 connectivity: I am trying to get MS Outlook to connect to my husband's email account. It used to work, but then stopped. I have tried to repair his account using the manual option. He has a Verizon mail account through AOL, so it uses IMAP. Nothing works, so I then deleted his account from...
  3. Outlook 2019 connecting to gmail account

Outlook 2019 connecting to gmail account: Currently I set up my gmail account to "store and forward" to my internet provider, which is connect to my Outlook 2016 via POP3. I am now setting up Outlook 2019 and want to connect to gmail directly. 1. Will my gmail account continue to work as before, i.e. incoming mails...
  4. Outlook 2019 connecting to gmail account

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook 2019 connecting to gmail account: Currently I set up my gmail account to "store and forward" to my internet provider, which is connect to my Outlook 2016 via POP3. I am now setting up Outlook 2019 and want to connect to gmail directly. 1. Will my gmail account continue to work as before, i.e. incoming mails...
  5. Gmail in Outlook 2010 Won't Connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gmail in Outlook 2010 Won't Connect: I have Outlook 2010 on one laptop. Starting today Gmail won't connect despite the user name, password and other IMAP details being correct. Gmail is working fine in Outook 2016, Windows Mail App and my mobile. Anyone having the same problem? 155645
  6. Gmail & Outlook 2010 Folders

Gmail & Outlook 2010 Folders: My mum used a Sky email address (they use yahoo for their emails) but they've changed their security and i can't get their app password generator to work so i've decided to use her gmail account. I've eventually got outlook 2010 set up with her gmail account as pop but the...
  7. Outlook cannot connect to GMail

Outlook cannot connect to GMail: Hi I have been using the same Outlook and GMail accounts for years and about a week ago I get an error message when I try to download my email. I haven`t changed any settings at all. ERROR: Ox8OOCCC1A Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have...
  8. Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010: Hello All, I have just installed outlook 2010 on a new computer but I only get the last 3 days of emails can I change this ? 137380
  9. Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010: My Outlook 2010 has developed a problem. Every time I load it after a few seconds it says Outlook has stopped working. I have uninstalled Office 2010 rebooted and reinstalled but it is still happening. Any help appreciated. 84659
  10. Outlook 2010 not connecting to server

Outlook 2010 not connecting to server: I uninstalled Outlook 2010 and reinstalled it and now it will not connect to server and will only work offline and I cannot make it go online! [img] *Mad I have tried to delete my Hotmail account and add it again but I must be doing something wrong as I keep getting...