Windows 10: Gmail in Outlook 2013 receiving not sending

Discus and support Gmail in Outlook 2013 receiving not sending in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi All, Since upgrading to Win 10 last week, I have not been able to send emails from Gmail in Outlook 2013. It was fine in Win 8.1. My email... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by kenrob2037, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Gmail in Outlook 2013 receiving not sending

Hi All,

Since upgrading to Win 10 last week, I have not been able to send emails from Gmail in Outlook 2013.

It was fine in Win 8.1.

My email settings are

IMAP
    Outgoing server requires authentication - is ticked
    Incoming = 993 with SSL
    Outgoing = 587 with TLS

All other setting as normal. When I run a test it comes back as good and will receive emails, but nothing will send.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Rob

:)

kenrob2037, Aug 13, 2015

2. Windows 10 "send to mail recipient" error

I am using both Outlook 2013 and Windows 10 Mail and have a gmail account. Outlook 2013 will not connect unless I change my gmail settings to allow lesser security apps to access my account which they do not recommend. On the other hand in Windows Mail,
    I cannot select a file and right-hand click to send Windows mail, it only works with Outlook 2013.

Can I do this within Windows Mail? If not can I get Outlook to work without reducing security in gmail?

Thanks

Roland

RolandDaoust, Aug 13, 2015
  3. Email in Windows 10

Issue is not with Outlook 2013. Issue is coordinating sending/receiving email via gmail with MS 10, MS Account and Win 10 mail app.

Gmail forwarded to MS Account, but MS Account does not forward mail to Win 10 mail app. All mail folders in Win 10 mail app have been sync but mail does not appear.

J DavidBacon, Aug 13, 2015
  4. Miked Win User

Gmail in Outlook 2013 receiving not sending

Hi, I had the same problem. I fixed it by running "sfc /scannow" from admin command line. It took about 20 mins, found lots of things to change, and fixed the email not sending problem.

Miked, Aug 17, 2015
  5. Victek Win User
    Try using Outgoing port 465. It's working for me in Outlook 2013 (Gmail/IMAP)

Victek, Aug 17, 2015
  6. edd0612 Win User
    Agree with Miked, worked for me.

edd0612, Aug 17, 2015
  7. Hi All, I tried 465, no luck I'm afraid. I will try scannow tonight.

Cheers and thanks.

Rob

kenrob2037, Aug 18, 2015
  8. Obi1 Win User

Well after pulling my hair out looking at various forums and resolutions to this problem I can confirm that sfc/scannow fixed the issue for me! I have no idea what the tool is or what it did - I just typed sfc/scannow on the admin command line (note: not just the standard command line) and went to bed. I woke up to find a message saying some files were fixed and my Outlook 2013 Outbox empty - Cheers Miked

I had upgraded to Windows 10 on my new Acer notebook (Model R3-131T) installed Office 365 when I came across the issue. Outlook 2013 refused to send any mail using the IMAP Gmail account. The test messages that Outlook sends when setting up the email account worked fine but anything I tried to send just got stuck in the Outbox resulting in an error message. Anyway I can now send email from my notebook to my heart's content!

9. Victek Win User
    Congrats, and thanks for updating the thread.

Victek, Aug 25, 2015
  10. I had some many problems with Win 10 I went back to Win 7. Now everything works fine again. Hard to tell why, especially as my PC is only 2 years old. An i7 ASUS.

Cheers and thanks for all the help everyone.

Rob

kenrob2037, Aug 26, 2015
  11. dgfraser Win User
    Miked's solution worked for me too:
    run sfc /scannow
    from the cmd window running as Admin.

Apparently is replaces DLLs that are wrong. Outlook now sending - happy.

dgfraser, Oct 7, 2015
  12. DaiB Win User
    sfc scannow worked for me as well - many thanks.

Thema:

1. Gmail in Outlook 2013 receiving not sending - Similar Threads - Gmail Outlook 2013

2. Outlook send/receive problem

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook send/receive problem: I am running Office 2016 on my desktop Windows PC. Windows recently upgraded itself to version 2004. Since then I have been having intermittent problems with Outlook. When I boot-up, open Outlook, and do a send/receive, it always works perfectly. After being open for some...
  3. Send and receive error in Outlook 2016.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Send and receive error in Outlook 2016.: Windows 10 did an update in August and ever since then, I am getting error messages for sending and receiving e-mails in Outlook and anytime I try to do something, I have to enter my password. I have tried to reconfigure the e-mail, and set up a new account. but now it...
  4. Outlook no longer sending/receiving from Gmail.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook no longer sending/receiving from Gmail.: I have been using Outlook on a Windows 10 PC for several years without any issues. Last week Outlook ceased sending/receiving from my Gmail account. Emails to be sent sit in the Outbox. If I use webmail, I can see emails in my InBox but they are not being downloaded to...
  5. Outlook 2013 will not send or receive emails from yahoo.com since the last Outlook update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook 2013 will not send or receive emails from yahoo.com since the last Outlook update: Since the June/July Outlook update, I cannot Receive or Send emails from my Yahoo.com account. I have checked all the top level settings, however the last time this occured 9 months ago, the Microsoft agent reset some of the settings on a page I do not recognize or know how...
  6. Can't send email from a gmail email acct from Outlook 2013- 0x800ccc81

Can't send email from a gmail email acct from Outlook 2013- 0x800ccc81: One of my gmail accounts won't send emails anymore (via Outlook 2013). Whenever I try, I get this error: 0x800ccc81 -- I can receive emails for this account, but not send them. This account was sending emails fine a few weeks ago, but not now. All the account settings for...
  7. Outlook is not receiving or sending messages.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook is not receiving or sending messages.: Outlook is not receiving or sending messages. I have tried reinstall etc. but no success. what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-is-not-receiving-or-sending-messages/4a430084-9960-4310-bc97-f981fac4e19c
  8. W10 May update crashes Outlook 2013 at send/receive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 May update crashes Outlook 2013 at send/receive: I have been weeks now (6 calls) with multiple MS tech support reps attempting to correct this issue. No luck at L1 or L2 support. L3 scheduled appointment not kept today by MS and now case # floating around between L3 and L4. Is there any real help available?...
  9. Office 365 outlook will not send message to gmail accounts but receive

Office 365 outlook will not send message to gmail accounts but receive: Since updating to Windows 10 my Office 365 Outlook will not send emails - error unable to connect to network - yet it receives them OK and if I go to account settings and use 'Test' it sends and receives OK this is true of all my accounts, Hotmail, gmail and two domain...
  10. Outlook 2013 can't send email, can receive/reply

Outlook 2013 can't send email, can receive/reply: I wanted to start to using outlook 2013 for some email with the idea of possibly transitioning to it as my day to day email, rather than my Yahoo web mail account from my ISP. I have MS Office 2013 Pro Plus through my employer, it was a very good deal at the time, only $10, I...