Windows 10: Gmail in Windows Live Mail (Windows 10)

Discus and support Gmail in Windows Live Mail (Windows 10) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Gmail account has been working well in my Windows Live Mail. Recently, it ceased to recognize the password and therefore I no longer havce access to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MariaCatela, Sep 12, 2018.

1. MariaCatela Win User

Gmail in Windows Live Mail (Windows 10)

My Gmail account has been working well in my Windows Live Mail. Recently, it ceased to recognize the password and therefore I no longer havce access to it through that program.

I have made a Run Programs made for previous versions of Windows in na attempt to deblock de problem. Didn't work.

What else can I do?

:)

MariaCatela, Sep 12, 2018
  2. qubit Win User

How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Sep 12, 2018
  3. Dilbert Win User
    Windows Live Mail by Windows 7

Dear All,

Core i3 with Windows 7 Home. Recently swapped the HD
    due to crash & reinstalled Win 7 including WLM (Windows
    Live Mail). I encountered 3 problems while configuring
    my account & restoring the (previously exported) inbox.

1/ A family member of mine used my system to check his e-mail.
    To do this he created a second account in WLM in order to read
    his hotmail e-mail traffic. I have now deleted the account but
    when WLM is launched i repeatedly get a login window
    containing the details of the family member's e-mail address
    instead of my details. How can i clear this and make sure that
    when WLM is launched only my e-mail addres is visible?

2/ Mijn account is configured to remember its password,
    and enable immediate access of my mails.
    Despite of this i get a login window when WLM is started.
    When i fill out e-mailaddress & password and press enter
    the account is not recognised and WLM pretends that e-mail
    address or password are wrong. Nevertheless i can see the headers
    of my e-mails and if i close the login window i can also access & read
    the e-mails.. How can i remove the login window permanently?

3/ I'd like to disable the option "leave copy on server" Where can i find
    this option in WLM?

Thanks in advance,
    Dilbert

Dilbert, Sep 12, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Gmail in Windows Live Mail (Windows 10) - Similar Threads - Gmail Live Mail

2. windows live mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows live mail: When I click on a link there is no response. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-live-mail/b01da16f-a033-4766-b24c-752d59512bee
  3. windows 10 live mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 live mail: since windows 10 updates "send link" greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-live-mail/e4b9576a-0bff-40d1-98cd-d50bd5191611
  4. windows 10 Live mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 Live mail: There is Live mail in windows 10 ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-live-mail/331c696b-f964-487c-875a-c8371bc480da
  5. Windows Live Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail: We just bought another new PC. This is a HP Notebook Core i7. It's a rocket ship! We've used Windows Live Mail for years with good success. I've tried to install it from 2 or 3 different sites. It will download, but the install fails as, "not compatible with this PC." Any...
  6. windows live mail

in Browsers and Email
    windows live mail: Hi I have just put windows live mail into my new laptop BUT...... it will not let me send or forward any emails, all settings are correct when I try to send or forward this appears [img] hope you can see it any help will be appreceated Regards 89463
  7. Windows Live Mail on Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail on Windows 10: Windows Live Mail been OK, until a few days ago, when I press receive mail it downloads mail but the continues downloading emails, currently saying it's downloaded 270,349 & counting adding circa 5 per second!! although these don't appear in my inbox (luckily), what's...
  8. Windows Mail/Gmail Problem

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail/Gmail Problem: I did a clean re-install of Windows Creator today. With the previous install, Mail worked fine. I setup 3 gmail accounts and get the same message on all accounts: "Nothing has arrived yet". Tried all the suggestions I could find and nothing has worked. All my setting...
  9. Windows Live Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail: is there anywhere I can download it? Got a new computer and wanted to install but I found out it no longer is supported. Tried CNet, but it's just a link to Microsoft. Anyway, all my downloaded e-mail history (from earthlink's webmail) is in that format. I still have my...
  10. Windows Live Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail: I have lost my Contacts List and Calendar in Windows 10 45892