Windows 10: GMail no Working Again for Less Secure Apps

Discus and support GMail no Working Again for Less Secure Apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I see Gmail is not working again for less secure apps like Outlook 2010. I've enabled the option for access to less secure apps but can't log into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Steve C, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Steve C Win User

GMail no Working Again for Less Secure Apps

I see Gmail is not working again for less secure apps like Outlook 2010. I've enabled the option for access to less secure apps but can't log into GMail using Outlook 2010. These issues are happening more frequently. I guess they have a server problem and will sort it out before long.

:)

Steve C, Jul 27, 2020
  2. chok Win User

Calendar app stuck on Creating account with Gmail

In brief: it doesn't work, and it (most probably) has nothing to do with gmail authentification since you first need to successfully login to your gmail account to get to the "creating account" final step.

In detail:
    I tried allowing less secure apps, It did not work.

Then I tried to login an app password, it did not work, but for another reason:

For that I did:
    - activate on mail the 2 step verification sign in.
    - I created an app psw to provide access for calendar on my computer windows 10
    - I tried again to connect using my gmail email, and the password provided for the "app password", but gmail did not recognized password. But that seems to be another problem not related since when I tried again with my (normal) gmail password, it send me a verification sms, and when it was validated, it went to the "creating account".

3. Calendar app stuck on Creating account with Gmail

Please confirm that when you are adding your Gmail account you are using your Gmail password.

While you user name for Gmail and your Microsoft account maybe the same they should each have their own password.

If you are indeed entering your Gmail password and it still doesn't work confirm that the password is correct by logging in to Gmail account through a browser. Assuming it works you have two possible next steps.

Create an app password for your Gmail account and use that in the Windows apps or allow gmail to be used by less secure apps.

Less secure apps & your Google Account - Google Account Help

Caledon Ken, Jul 27, 2020
  4. GMail no Working Again for Less Secure Apps

Windows 10 Mail forgets Gmail password almost every day

Reason

Windows Mail app keeps prompting for Gmail account password frequently with the "your gmail settings are out of date" message—
    According to a comment on this post . . .

Potential Solutions

Based on some quick research there may be two options that may help resolve this. . .

1. Enable the 2-Step Verification functionality and security feature with your Gmail account and then use the 2-Step Verification to verify and trust the Windows Mail app to have access to your Gmail account
    2. Enable and use the Less Secure Apps functionality by turning that ON and using your usual Gmail account password with the Windows Mail app to authenticate

Further Resources

Pimp Juice IT, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

GMail no Working Again for Less Secure Apps

1. GMail no Working Again for Less Secure Apps - Similar Threads - GMail Working Again

2. Windows Security App not working.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security App not working.: I have Windows 10 pro on my PC. My Windows Security app isn't responding. It doesn't open. I don't know if I can even reinstall it. I have even done ''System Repair'' it but it's still the same issue. Can you help me with that please....
  3. GMail no Working Again for Less Secure Apps

in Browsers and Email
    GMail no Working Again for Less Secure Apps: I see Gmail is not working again for less secure apps like Outlook 2010. I've enabled the option for access to less secure apps but can't log into GMail using Outlook 2010. These issues are happening more frequently. I guess they have a server problem and will sort it out...
  4. Gmail not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gmail not working: Since the Windows 10 update earlier this week I have had no issues with my Gmail account, now i cant log into it at all. It just searches. Any ideas ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-not-working/ac5fe211-ab9c-4c77-8485-63dc57c3116f
  5. Mail App and Gmail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail App and Gmail: Hello, when I try to add a Gmail account in Windows 10 Mail App I always get error. [ATTACH] I press "Google" here and then get the following error: [ATTACH] My Internet Connection is not a problem! How can I fix this?...
  6. GMail account no longer works in Windows Mail app

in Browsers and Email
    GMail account no longer works in Windows Mail app: Running Windows 10 Home x64 Version 1803 Last Cumulative Update KB4462919 installed on 10/10/2018 Ever since I installed the above cumulative update my Windows Mail app has started to not work with my g-mail accounts. They no longer will download new mail and when I try to...
  7. GMail account no longer works in Windows Mail app

in Windows 10 Support
    GMail account no longer works in Windows Mail app: Running Windows 10 Home x64 Version 1803 Last Cumulative Update KB4462919 installed on 10/10/2018 Ever since I installed the above cumulative update my Windows Mail app has started to not work with my g-mail accounts. They no longer will download new mail and when I try to...
  8. Mail App and Gmail

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App and Gmail: I've always had my gmail account linked to the Windows 10 mail app, however the last update I did the mail app is a complete mess and will not show my gmail messages. I've deleted and relinked the account but it's not linking properly at all. I was able to successfully link a...
  9. Windows 10 mail app not working with gmail?

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 mail app not working with gmail?: I have 2 accounts set up to the mail/calendar app. My email (outlook) and my wife (gmail) and I can get/send emails but my wife gmail doesn't work. Anyone know of a workaround? 14773
  10. Create more secure apps with less effort (10 by 10)

in Windows 10 News
    Create more secure apps with less effort (10 by 10): In our final post of the Windows 10 by 10 development series, we’ll talk about the feature introductions and enhancements in Windows 10 that help you create more secure apps. When we think of security, we can split it up in these three main areas: authentication,...