Windows 10: Gmail now uses TensorFlow to block 100 million spam messages daily

Discus and support Gmail now uses TensorFlow to block 100 million spam messages daily in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; 1.5 billion people use Gmail every month, and 5 million paying businesses use Gmail in the workplace as a part of G Suite. For consumers and businesses... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Gmail now uses TensorFlow to block 100 million spam messages daily

Source: Spam does not bring us joy - ridding Gmail of 100 million more spam messages with TensorFlow | Google Cloud Blog

:)

Brink, Feb 6, 2019
  2. pepanee Win User

Lots Of Daily Spam Emails

Yes, I do appreciate your feedback and help. You're helping suggest ways on blocking all that, which is Step 1; we gotta take the first step. But the way that I'm looking at it is why stay stuck in Step 1 instead of moving on to Step 2? Step 2 is having a response to all this. So Step 1 is to block the non-sense, then Step 2 is to take down the source, if you see what I mean. I wanna apply Step 2. Let's move forward in the whole process, yah? =)

Cool thanks Momma!

pepanee, Feb 6, 2019
  3. Mystere Win User
    Lots Of Daily Spam Emails

Once you're on the list, the only thing you can do to stop it is change your email address.

I have an old Hotmail email that I use very rarely, and never give out anymore. I've had this account for close to 20 years, and it *STILL* gets a ton of spam. Many years ago I used to sign up for stuff using various fake names so I could try to track where spam was coming from, and I *STILL* get spam with those names 10+ years later.

No, you can't just block the IP addresses. The IP's change regularly, and often these are hijacked servers that are used for a few days or weeks then they move on to the next hijacked server so that people can't block them.

Trust me.. 30 spam messages is not very many, I get over 2500 per day, and that's the stuff that makes it through the front-end filters. There have been particularly bad periods where I've received of 25,000 per day. Only changing your email and never giving it out to any mailing list, service, website, etc.. will protect you from spam, and even then random emails can still be sent if your email address is common enough.

Honestly, I wouldn't be that worried about those "hidden" messages, since 99.9% of spammers just don't care if an email address is good or not.. They don't even bother to remove duplicates.

Mystere, Feb 6, 2019
  4. bgb02 Win User

gmail sender blocked

I cannot receive emails in Outook 2016 using Windows 10 from a gmail contact/sender. I have checked all settings and cannot find that this sender is blocked. Any suggestions on how this happened? I was previously receiving emails and suddenly I cannot.
    Nothing is in the spam or junk folders.

bgb02, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Gmail now uses TensorFlow to block 100 million spam messages daily - Similar Threads - Gmail uses TensorFlow

2. How disable display of spam and blocked messages?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How disable display of spam and blocked messages?: After setting up Phone Link on Win 10 Pro the list of past messages includes spam and blocked messages. How can I turn this off? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-disable-display-of-spam-and-blocked-messages/94af4b87-f711-43bf-b501-5e83131be2f0
  3. How disable display of spam and blocked messages?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How disable display of spam and blocked messages?: After setting up Phone Link on Win 10 Pro the list of past messages includes spam and blocked messages. How can I turn this off? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-disable-display-of-spam-and-blocked-messages/94af4b87-f711-43bf-b501-5e83131be2f0
  4. Any way to block emails with No message (ie spam)

in Browsers and Email
    Any way to block emails with No message (ie spam): Windows 10 Home v 20H2, OS build 19042.928 Dell XPS 8940 Tower 10th gen Intel Core i7-10700 I get a lot of emails with a suspicious sender and a blank message. After checking the message header info a few times, I know they are all spam. Is there any way to automatically...
  5. Gmail 'blocking'

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail 'blocking': I have blocked some spam/phishing emails via Gmail but some reappear suggesting 'unblock sender'. See attachment. WTH is going on? [img] 176018
  6. spam messages

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    spam messages: how block spam messages 35 or more per day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spam-messages/6f77c4ef-7b46-44fd-bbe2-6c81e67404d5
  7. Gmail Spam Folder

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail Spam Folder: I have used the same Gmail Email address for ages. Recently, I have been getting more Spam than I was getting not so long ago. I am normally very careful in how I use it and unsure why its happening. Messages in Spam folder are automatically deleted after 30 days. Should I...
  8. gmail spam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    gmail spam: Hi I sent gmails using the Windows 10app, and they have gone to spam, and have seen it's an issue, but does anyone know if they actually went to the original, intended recipient as well? I sent a couple of important ones and they do not appear in sent, just spam, so I...
  9. gmail message

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    gmail message: I had a long message on email I was forwarding I thought I was discarding an attachment and the whole message was discarded. Is there a way to retrieve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-message/c1df6776-7c37-4bad-baa7-aa312871a343
  10. Lots Of Daily Spam Emails

in Browsers and Email
    Lots Of Daily Spam Emails: Hello there, I have my primary email address that tends to get, on average, maybe 30 Junk emails daily that end up in the Junk folder. Sometimes the Junk emails tend to get through to my Inbox. So I have learned that if you load the email message "completely", it's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gmail 571 5.7.1 message contains spam or virus or sender is blocked : help02_80cf7057ee48