Windows 10: Gmail often alerts me saying " new device signed into your google account, check activity"

Discus and support Gmail often alerts me saying " new device signed into your google account, check activity" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, On many occasions I've been getting this message in my Gmail inbox about a new device signed into my google account. By the way, it isn't the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tyeberg, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Tyeberg Win User

Gmail often alerts me saying " new device signed into your google account, check activity"

Hi all,
    On many occasions I've been getting this message in my Gmail inbox about a new device signed into my google account. By the way, it isn't the same devices that sign in always, it differs.

So today it said New Samsung Galaxy S10 signed into your account, so I went to my google account and did the security checkup.
    I signed out of that device, but what should I do? This is a regular occurrence!

:)

Tyeberg, Dec 16, 2020

2. Gmail suspicious activity alert?

Hey all. I just got an alert from gmail saying that my account was accessed through an IP in Luxembourg. I do have a friend there, but didn't think she was capable of haxing my email. I took a screenie of the warning screen does anyone know what it could be?

I punched in the IP and it took me straight to skype which confuses me as to why skype would want to steal my gmail too. Just thought I'd check with those smarter than me to figure out what went on lol.

Gmail often alerts me saying " new device signed into your google account, check activity" google%20alert.png

jasper1605, Dec 16, 2020
  3. Gmail suspicious activity alert?

Gmail accounts only get hacked because the user has weak security settings.

TheMailMan78, Dec 16, 2020
  4. Gmail often alerts me saying " new device signed into your google account, check activity"

Unable to add Gmail account in Mail app

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are trying to add Yahoo/Gmail email account in Mail app.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 currently installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the Version of Mail app installed?
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft Antivirus/security program installed?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that helps.

Steps to add Yahoo email in Mail app.

1. In yahoo mails account security, click on manage app passwords.
    2. After selecting other app and entering the new app name in the text box
    3. Now, in Windows 10 mail app, add this type of account.
    4. In Windows 10 mail app, enter your details and the password generated by step 2

Steps to add Gmail email in Mail app

Step 1: Connect your Google account to PC

1. Go to the Security section of your Google account
    2. Under Connected
      apps
      and sites, go to Apps
      connected to your account
    3. Make sure that Windows is on the list

Step 2: Enable IMAP on your Google account

1. Sign in to Gmail
    2. Click the gear in the top right
    3. Select Settings
    4. Click Forwarding
      and POP/IMAP

5. Select Enable IMAP
    6. Click Save Changes

Step 3: Add Gmail account.

1. Open Mail app.
    2. Click on the gear icon to open settings.
    3. Click on Manage account.
    4. Click on Add account.
    5. Now select Google and check if you are able to add the account.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

Gmail often alerts me saying " new device signed into your google account, check activity"

1. Gmail often alerts me saying " new device signed into your google account, check activity" - Similar Threads - Gmail often alerts

2. delete gmail account from your account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    delete gmail account from your account: delete gmail account from your account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-gmail-account-from-your-account/528656c0-d6e1-41bb-9462-5bd91ed073c6
  3. delete gmail account from your account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    delete gmail account from your account: delete gmail account from your account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-gmail-account-from-your-account/528656c0-d6e1-41bb-9462-5bd91ed073c6
  4. Gmail sign-in now starts with "Google Workspace", then goes to Gmail

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail sign-in now starts with "Google Workspace", then goes to Gmail: Since yesterday when I sign in to Gmail, after typing my password, instead of indicating in large letters something like "loading Gmail ..." (I forget the exact wording) ... it now shows "Google Workspace". And then goes smoothly and directly to my Gmail. Note: I do not have...
  5. Gmail sign-in now starts with "Google Workspace", then goes to Gmail

in Windows 10 Support
    Gmail sign-in now starts with "Google Workspace", then goes to Gmail: Since yesterday when I sign in to Gmail, after typing my password, instead of indicating in large letters something like "loading Gmail ..." (I forget the exact wording) ... it now shows "Google Workspace". And then goes smoothly and directly to my Gmail. Note: I do not have...
  6. Unable to sign in to Gmail using Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to sign in to Gmail using Google Chrome: In Windows 7 I had 2 different email accounts. One was with ATT Yahoo and the other in Google Chrome. I have a new laptop running Windows 10. My Att yahoo account in Windows 10 is fine but when I go to Chrome it is asking me to set up a new email account. If I try to log...
  7. Windows 10 and Google gMail Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 and Google gMail Account: I have two email accounts -- one Google and one Outlook. I have added both the the Windows 10 app. I can receive emails from both but I cannot send from the Google account. I keep getting security alerts that my Google settings are out of date but a my password is OK and b...
  8. Gmail account, Google

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Gmail account, Google: Why can't I add my gmail account or any google products. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-google/e0a5f53b-939a-49f0-93f3-f07c9a76d242"
  9. Gmail says need to update account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gmail says need to update account: Gmail hasn't received emails on PC (phone is fine) since 11/23 and says account needs updating. I am directed here after receiving error message 0x8007042b...
  10. Now check which devices are accessing your Google Account

in Windows 10 News
    Now check which devices are accessing your Google Account: Google has rolled out a new security feature that lets you to view your account access history for the past 28 days, called Devices and Activity dashboard. Anyone with a Google account can access it here. As well as device information, the dashboard also shows the location...