Windows 10: Gmail on the surface email app

Discus and support Gmail on the surface email app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just got a surface pro 6 and it is my first one. I signed up for a Microsoft account using my gmail. Now I am trying to add my gmail to the email app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tethomp, Jan 25, 2019.

1. tethomp Win User

Gmail on the surface email app

I just got a surface pro 6 and it is my first one. I signed up for a Microsoft account using my gmail. Now I am trying to add my gmail to the email app so I can view all my email accounts in one place and it keeps giving me an error code saying that is can't be done. I don't know how to fix this.

Thanks in advanced!

:)

tethomp, Jan 25, 2019
  2. fisher99 Win User

Best Multi-User Email App?

Hello. I am looking for an email app that will support 2 users, each with 2 different email accounts (one gmail and one outlook account each). Ideally they would like to use a single email program for both of them but would like separate inboxes for each person.

So, ideally:
    • One email program.
    • Two inboxes, with each inbox collecting email from a unique gmail account and a unique outlook account.

Will be interested in any suggestions.

fisher99, Jan 25, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    new email

Outlook - Freeserve mail setup | Email settings

Freeserve settings

What Are the Gmail SMTP Server Settings?
    Gmail SMTP
    Gmail POP3 Settings

• Gmail POP port: 995
    • Gmail POP TLS/SSL required: yes
    - I just did a couple of general internet searches for you.

I'm not sure that you can transfer emails from one server to another unless you have some offer to do that.

Consider using an email client such as Thunderbird, which can receive and store emails on your PC. I have emails going back many years.

(Of course, also back up your PC!)

dalchina, Jan 25, 2019
  4. davidhk Win User

Email contacts missing

1. If you open Mail app and click the + sign for New mail > type first couple of letters of a contact name > will a list of suggested names appear ?

2. Go to All apps > scroll to P > click People. Is the contact list there ?

davidhk, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Gmail on the surface email app - Similar Threads - Gmail surface email

2. Windows Mail App not showing emails in gmail subfolders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail App not showing emails in gmail subfolders: I have been using the Windows 11 Mail app the envelope icon with my gmail account and it has been working fine except for showing emails in existing folders. Screenshot below shows an example. The folder New Fence contains emails but in the mail app, it is empty. I get around...
  3. Windows Mail App not showing emails in gmail subfolders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail App not showing emails in gmail subfolders: I have been using the Windows 11 Mail app the envelope icon with my gmail account and it has been working fine except for showing emails in existing folders. Screenshot below shows an example. The folder New Fence contains emails but in the mail app, it is empty. I get around...
  4. cannot reply to a gmail email

cannot reply to a gmail email: I receive messages from people with gmail but when I reply using Windows 10 Mail it bounces backYour message was not delivered because the destination computer refused to accept it the error message is reproduced below. This type of erroris usually due to a mis-configured...
  5. Gmail and windows email app

Gmail and windows email app: I bought a recent laptop, but I can´t add my gmail account in windows email app. Error message: Something went wrong. We couldn't find your settings. Error 0x80070490 Tried several tips without success. Is there any windows update to solve this issue? Many Thanks...
  6. Sent emails/Gmail/Windows 10 app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sent emails/Gmail/Windows 10 app: Hi all. Over the weekend, the emails that I have been sending have not been showing in my sent items folder, although sometimes getting through to the recipient, sometimes not. I've removed my account, checked all the settings and followed the online guides. System updated...
  7. viewing gmail on a surface

in Windows 10 Customization
    viewing gmail on a surface: How do I adjust the screen in order to view the entire gmail message. I currently have to scroll over to see the entire message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/viewing-gmail-on-a-surface/027b74b8-ab71-4a4d-ba32-7773642b825d
  8. Windows 10 email app changes hyperlinks in gmail

Windows 10 email app changes hyperlinks in gmail: I use Win 10 email app for gmail. Lately it has changed all hyperlinks in emails, so they do not open. The only thing I can click on this is OK. I can't right click it even. Message: Unable to open. Hover Example: [ATTACH] However, When I open gmail on Avast browser, when I...
  9. Surface Go - Gmail emails not synching

Surface Go - Gmail emails not synching: I have set up my Surface Go using my personal Gmail account email but when setting up my email accounts on the tablet, it’s not synching my emails from that email address. It has set up the other 2 emails easily and all emails are coming through (another Gmail address and a...
  10. Surface Pro 4 Can't write or reply to emails in Gmail with pen

Surface Pro 4 Can't write or reply to emails in Gmail with pen: I can't use my surface pro 4 stylus pen to write emails directly to Gmail like my GalaxyNote 8. Any ideas on how to do this? Thanks Moved from: Surface / Surface Pro 4 / Display and screen...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gmail on surface