Windows 10: Gmail & Outlook 2010 Folders

Discus and support Gmail & Outlook 2010 Folders in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; My mum used a Sky email address (they use yahoo for their emails) but they've changed their security and i can't get their app password generator to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by bjproc, Jan 27, 2020.

1. bjproc Win User

Gmail & Outlook 2010 Folders

My mum used a Sky email address (they use yahoo for their emails) but they've changed their security and i can't get their app password generator to work so i've decided to use her gmail account.

I've eventually got outlook 2010 set up with her gmail account as pop but the old emails thats downloading doesn't seen to go into the Personnel folders but going into a different set of folders under her gmail account

Also tried this with imap, but it's the same

Anyway i can get set up right?

:)

bjproc, Jan 27, 2020
  2. Munki Win User

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Try3 Win User
    Lost Folder in Outlook 2010

1 By 'navigation pane' I just meant the fairly narrow pane on the left-hand side of my Outlook window. It's the grey pane on the left in www.alphr.com/blogs/2009/11/19/microsoft-outlook-2010-screenshots - there should be a set of buttons at the bottom to select Folder list / Shortcuts / … Your comment "I have a folder list under the name of my pst" sounds like you have the folder list in front of you because that's how I would describe what it looks like.

2 Either in the Folder list or by looking in File, Data file management you can see which pst files you have open.

3 Perhaps you have set up auto-archiving to delete originals???? In my 2007 version this is set up in Outlook, Options, Other, AutoArchiving as well as individually for each folder in Folder list. I do not know where the settings are in Outlook 2010.

4 About "I have only run Scanpst on the pst file that shows the current date", I don't know what your other pst files are but you should be able to open each in turn to see if the missing file is in one of them. The only example I have of an older pst file is my Archive.pst file [I archive every 30 days but without deleting anything]. Every pst file that Outlook opens gets the current date-time set as its Date modified even if nothing gets written to it when it is open.

5 I mentioned search before. In Outlook 2007 search settings are in Outlook, Tools, Options, Preferences, Search options but it might have been moved in Outlook 2010. In Outlook 2016, they are in Outlook, …, Options, Search.

6 You could also try looking in
    www.slipstick.com
    www.msoutlook.info

Best of luck,
    Denis

4. Try3 Win User

Lost Folder in Outlook 2010

I have never had such a problem so I probably cannot help you.

I assume that the list of datafiles is correct [In Outlook 2007 this is given in several places including File, Data file management] and that you have run ScanPST on each of the pst/ost files shown there.

Are there any references to the missing file in the ScanPST log [log settings are under Options in the ScanPST UI]?

In Outlook 2007, I can set the 'navigation pane' to 'Folder list' view so that I can manually look through every open file & folder to check their contents. If you can find it this way but not when searching then it would indicate a search problem rather than a pst file problem. I have not seen this but I'd run Office diagnostics [2007] & the Windows indexing troubleshooter if I did.
    - Apparently, Office diagnostics itself does not exist in Office 2010. I understand that, for Office 2010, you'd need to go to Control panel, Progs & features then right-click on the Office 2010 entry so you could select Repair.
    - I have also seen a suggestion that Office diagnostics might be in your Start menu but I don't know if that was correct or not.
    - The Windows indexing troubleshooter is at Settings, Updates, Troubleshoot, Search & indexing

Sorry I could not help,
    Best of luck,
    Denis

Thema:

1. Gmail & Outlook 2010 Folders - Similar Threads - Gmail Outlook 2010

2. Outlook 2010 search

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2010 search: I am using windows 10 latest update and Microsoft outlook 2010 The search has always worked fine for all email accounts but i had to redo my computer and reinstall Office. Now when i check all my accounts to search, next time i do a search or restart outlook only 1 is...
  3. Outlook and gmail

Outlook and gmail: I have been fighting Outlook on the PC and gmail and finally just stuck with Mail on Windows 10 and all is fine. Today I took the offer to update Outlook on a Mac and get the message that Outlook was not compatible with gmail. It is hard to believe that outlook can't handle...
  4. Gmail in Outlook 2010 Won't Connect

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail in Outlook 2010 Won't Connect: I have Outlook 2010 on one laptop. Starting today Gmail won't connect despite the user name, password and other IMAP details being correct. Gmail is working fine in Outook 2016, Windows Mail App and my mobile. Anyone having the same problem? 155645
  5. Gmail in Outlook 2010 Won't Connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gmail in Outlook 2010 Won't Connect: I have Outlook 2010 on one laptop. Starting today Gmail won't connect despite the user name, password and other IMAP details being correct. Gmail is working fine in Outook 2016, Windows Mail App and my mobile. Anyone having the same problem? 155645
  6. Opening Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening Outlook 2010: when I open outlook 2010 in windows 10 the install starts (already installed) it asks for a disk with mscomctfix on it, can't find it, so I cancel the process and it closes then open outlook anyway. Usually starts after a windows update. Tried to repair office 10 with the...
  7. Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010: Hello All, I have just installed outlook 2010 on a new computer but I only get the last 3 days of emails can I change this ? 137380
  8. Lost Folder in Outlook 2010

Lost Folder in Outlook 2010: One of my folders has simply vanished in Outlook 2010. If I search for a known email I don't find it. However I ran Stellar repair for outlook and that did find it but it would cost me £75 to get the repair. Any other way? 126654
  9. Outlook 2010 Duplicate set of folders

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2010 Duplicate set of folders: I use Microsoft Outlook 2010 with OS Windows 10. I have just bought a new PC and I want to migrate my Outlook data to the new PC. I exported the Outlook data file from the old PC and then imported the data file to the new PC. I now have contacts and calendar duly in good...
  10. Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010: My Outlook 2010 has developed a problem. Every time I load it after a few seconds it says Outlook has stopped working. I have uninstalled Office 2010 rebooted and reinstalled but it is still happening. Any help appreciated. 84659