Windows 10: Gmail says need to update account

Discus and support Gmail says need to update account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Gmail hasn't received emails on PC (phone is fine) since 11/23 and says account needs updating. I am directed here after receiving error message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Suekonarske, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Gmail says need to update account

Gmail hasn't received emails on PC (phone is fine) since 11/23 and says account needs updating. I am directed here after receiving error message 0x8007042b

:)

Suekonarske, Dec 1, 2019
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Getting a message that says my Gmail account needs to be updated

Hi Cindy,

We need to gather more information for us to better understand your email account concern. Kindly answer these questions:

• When did you start getting the message that you Gmail account needs to be updated?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer or on your Gmail account before encountering the issue?
    • Can you please provide us the step-by-step process on how you're accessing your Gmail account? Also, kindly
      post a screenshot of the issue here for us to further investigate your
      concern.
    • Can you still access your Gmail account using the Gmail website?

Argel Obm, Dec 1, 2019
  3. Gmail leaves your account open to spammers

A new flaw has been exposed in Google’s Gmail service which could allow hackers to get hold of your contacts. When you log into your Gmail (Googlemail in some countries) account, Google will put your details into a JavaScript file. Because of this, if you browse other websites whilst logged into your account, any of them could potentially declare the function “google” and be able to get hold of all of your contacts. The only two ways to ensure your privacy is safe are to disable JavaScript in all websites except those you trust or to not browse other sites whilst logged into any Google service. Admittedly Gmail is still only a beta, but a fault like this could be quite serious.

Update: Disabling JavaScript did not solve this problem, however it appears that Google has now fixed this issue and your contacts list should be safe.

Source: Engadget

Jimmy 2004, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Gmail says need to update account

Dealing with Spam

I already have a Gmail account, but Ive had my hotmail account for years and theres a lot of other accounts that are registered to that email. I guess I will try hotmail/MSN support and see what they say as no one has come up with any solutions in this thread

FreedomEclipse, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

Gmail says need to update account

1. Gmail says need to update account - Similar Threads - Gmail says need

2. Need the UK phone number for gmail account recovery?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need the UK phone number for gmail account recovery?: Hi, need the UK phone number for contacting gmail. Was using the 2 step verification process from 2015 - 2022. Can't access the primary and secondary address. ONLY my landline number was registered. Please respond urgently to A *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.*...
  3. Need the UK phone number for gmail account recovery?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need the UK phone number for gmail account recovery?: Hi, need the UK phone number for contacting gmail. Was using the 2 step verification process from 2015 - 2022. Can't access the primary and secondary address. ONLY my landline number was registered. Please respond urgently to A *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.*...
  4. gmail account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    gmail account: I use google chrome however my gmail account on my computer is no longer able "to reach the site". How can I fix this...in simple laymen terms. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account/96408eda-10ce-4a4e-bee0-a7337b753535
  5. Gmail account

Gmail account: Please help u our gmail account does not want to send or received any mails on the computer The messages said some of the account needs attention. Please help Thanks Sybrand...
  6. Cant add gmail account to calendar. says "account already exists"

Cant add gmail account to calendar. says "account already exists": I have a new Surface 6 and cannot get a gmail account to add to calendar. I have reset Mail/calendar, it adds to Mail fine, but won't add to calendar. If y try to add it, it just says "account already exists". I have set my google account to less secure, but it still doesn't...
  7. GMail account

in Windows 10 Customization
    GMail account: I can't access my gmail account from my laptop. Message reads Your account settings are out of date in Mail or Calendar for Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account/04ce0415-33c6-4669-a4ec-da919a1a3573
  8. Gmail Account

Gmail Account: Hi Dave, When logging into my gmail account on my desktop the icon changed from the M for email to the Add Account screen when going into it. When I entered my email it states that it already exists and try another name. But to go into the account I already have is not...
  9. gmail account needs attention

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    gmail account needs attention: Why does my gmail account have needs attention. I choose fix but it continues to happen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-needs-attention/d8f3188a-9684-4214-9eab-78f54cdbdf38
  10. Gmail Accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gmail Accounts: Hello Community, If I have the wrong place to ask this question, I WILL APPOLOGIZE, I trust someone will tell me if this is wrong and tell me where to go. But here goes I have windows 10 pro, for email I have Google, Gmail I have contacted google and got no...