Windows 10: gmail sets CONTROL-SHIFT-B to open blind carbon fields - not on win10

Discus and support gmail sets CONTROL-SHIFT-B to open blind carbon fields - not on win10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; gmail sets CONTROL-SHIFT-B to open the address field for blind carbon, but PC won't execute it. The cursor goes down to the bottom of the screen. Don't... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by needsleep, Aug 19, 2020.

1. needsleep Win User

gmail sets CONTROL-SHIFT-B to open blind carbon fields - not on win10

gmail sets CONTROL-SHIFT-B to open the address field for blind carbon, but PC won't execute it. The cursor goes down to the bottom of the screen. Don't know what it thinks it's doing when there. Does Win 10 have this shortcut set to something else? How can I find out?
    Thanks.

Windows 10.0.18362

:)

needsleep, Aug 19, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Aug 19, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Greater protection and control with three new Gmail security tools

Source: https://gsuiteupdates.googleblog.com...fidential.html

Brink, Aug 19, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Gmail contacts in in Win10

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would like to ask few questions regarding this issue for a better understanding. Please answer these questions:

• Is this issue specific to Gmail?

• Have you linked Gmail account to Outlook?
    If this issue specific to Gmail, I would suggest you to contact Gmail support for further assistance. Refer to the below link and check if it helps.

productforums.google.com/d/forum/gmail

Reply us back with more information. We will be glad to assist.

Arul_D, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

1. gmail sets CONTROL-SHIFT-B to open blind carbon fields - not on win10 - Similar Threads - gmail sets CONTROL

2. Shift + B not working after upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shift + B not working after upgrade to Windows 11: I recently upgraded 3 of my computers from Windows 10 to Windows 11. On one computer the combination of [Shift Key + B] does not work. Every other key combination works just fine. My 3 other Windows 11 devices do not have this issue.The shift key right or left does not...
  3. CONTROL SHIFT S

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CONTROL SHIFT S: I JUST TOOK LIKE 10 SCREENSHOTS WHERE ARE THEY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-shift-s/4c7a9200-9174-4f9c-9fbd-60225e59687c
  4. No Field For PIN With WIN10 Sign-In

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No Field For PIN With WIN10 Sign-In: This is a very recent event; 1. When I attempt to login to WIN10 on my personal laptop, my user account is evident on the screen, but the field to apply my PIN is no longer evident, 2. There isn't another account evident on the screen to switch to, but there are two other...
  5. Control Panel vs Settings in Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control Panel vs Settings in Win10: Hello and Good Day, Dear Microsoft, For 30 years, Control Panel has been the way to adjust configurations within the Windows operating system. Now, with Windows 10, you are moving our cheese again. I do not understand the reason for this change. Some of us are IT...
  6. Monitor goes black - Windows+Ctrl+Shift+B

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor goes black - Windows+Ctrl+Shift+B: For anyone having a display adapter keep dropping a second monitor and you know it should be there do Windows+Ctrl+Shift+B. That is a shortcut to refresh your display adapters. It will appear to freeze a moment (or go black on all monitors) but it is refreshing the graphic...
  7. Shift and Control swapped

Shift and Control swapped: Randomly, my control and shift keys kind of swapped. I can still do control + C to copy and control + V to paste, but I usually use control + 2 for the @ sign, but now I have to press shift + 2 which is kind of annoying for me. Does anyone know how to fix it? I have tried...
  8. Opening drive A and B.

Opening drive A and B.: I need more storage space to Update Windows. How do I open Driver space? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-drive-a-and-b/8a201534-2cad-4ec4-b4fe-4ddd295b2680
  9. Xbox controller not working properly with Ori and the Blind Forrest

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox controller not working properly with Ori and the Blind Forrest: The right trigger, and the B button each seem to be mapped to two or more distinct functions. For example, when I hit B it jumps as well as starting up the save function. When I lightly touch the trigger it functions as push/pull and shoot and when I fully press the...
  10. Xbox controller not working with Ori and the Blind Forrest

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox controller not working with Ori and the Blind Forrest: The right trigger, and the B button each seem to be mapped to two or more distinct functions. For example, when I hit B it jumps as well as starting up the save function. When I lightly touch the trigger it functions as push/pull and shoot and when I fully press the...