Windows 10: Gmail Tile Icon on Taskbar?

Discus and support Gmail Tile Icon on Taskbar? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; If I can avoid it I would prefer to not use Windows 10 built in Mail app. What I want to do is have direct access to my Gmail account via the taskbar... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Carbo, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Carbo Win User

Gmail Tile Icon on Taskbar?

If I can avoid it I would prefer to not use Windows 10 built in Mail app. What I want to do is have direct access to my Gmail account via the taskbar and/or a tile. Is this possible?

:)

Carbo, Mar 18, 2017

2. Change Tile Icon

Is there a way to change the icon of the live tiles? E.g. I would like to show the Gmail tile differently, than the standard way it is shown up by W8 Phone..

ArunSundararaman, Mar 18, 2017
  3. Windows 10 I can't remove a tile from the start menu.

Windows 10. I added a Tile for Gmail. The tile installed with the appropriate Icon on the tile. Withing seconds, the icon disappeared. I then decided that something was wrong and clicked to Remove it from the start menu............Nothing happened. The tile
    remained and is now totally non functional and non removeable. Also syncing to my gmail (calendar in particular) no longer works. I tried the solution inclusive of the Run command. when I entered the Run command as instructed, the folders indicated did not
    appear. Any other options I can take to remove this tile and get the syncing process to work again?

MikeBaird_1948, Mar 18, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

I would suggest using Windows Mail as it is far more secure than other 3rd party apps.
    Simply sync your Gmail account within Windows Mail, create a shortcut for Windows Mail, assign it a 'Gmail' icon if you wish, put the shortcut in a folder in Documents, create a Quick Launch Toolbar of that folder.
    Instant access to your Gmail account.

Gmail Tile Icon on Taskbar? [​IMG]

Edwin, Mar 18, 2017
  5. Plankton Win User
    Or just use Chromes web based service for checking your emails. Then all you would have to do is add your other email accounts. Then get the chrome extension that shows your emails in the browser or move it to your taskbar.

Plankton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Gmail Tile Icon on Taskbar? - Similar Threads - Gmail Tile Icon

2. Lost Icon Tiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost Icon Tiles: I have a New laptop but I have lost the App Tiles immediately above the Start....anyone help recover them . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-icon-tiles/646838ac-77a4-495f-80d0-05fe39c05a98
  3. Gmail icons missing.

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail icons missing.: Has anybody noticed the initial's icon missing in Gmail lately? [img] 130363
  4. Gmail icon is gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gmail icon is gone: My gmail icon is gone from my desktop. I have no idea what version I have. Can anyone help? Urgent need to get email!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/gmail-icon-is-gone/ce18068a-3493-4a9b-8159-dabc6b835a19
  5. Taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Taskbar icons: Why has my taskbar sound icon stopped responding to a left or right click? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/taskbar-icons/5029f423-665a-4d49-a884-782aebbc8d25
  6. No icon on tile

in Windows 10 Customization
    No icon on tile: When I pin the Crome exe to start menu all is well, but if I change the size to small it will lose the icon and tile is faded? Anyone have a fix for this? 32331
  7. Pinning Gmail to Taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Pinning Gmail to Taskbar: I'd like to be able to pin Gmail icon to the task bar, but it attaches to my Mozilla Icon. On windows xp and window 7, the icon link always showed in the TB. Have tried 4 or 5 times, but still no luck. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks 22972
  8. Icons and Tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons and Tiles: I have wondered why tile has become the key word for what used to be icon? Is there really a difference other than size? Programs have become apps. I know tablets changed our reference words but when an app has more code than some programs isn't it really a program? I...
  9. Taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Icons: I've got a Taskbar Icons, like; when I move my mouse to any Icon, the highlight thing that when I move it to an icon stays and never go, and I have to reboot/restart my PC if I have to fix it. It's really annoying me, and it's not the first time. I want to ask why is this...
  10. How to increase the size of the icons/tiles in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    How to increase the size of the icons/tiles in the taskbar: I have a high resolution screen, so the taskbar seems disproportionately small by default/ In prior versions of Windows I would just increase the taskbar height and icons would adjust in size accordingly, but not so with Windows 10. How can I resize them, or is this deature...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tile icon in gmail