Windows 10: Gmail Tile Icon on Taskbar?

Discus and support Gmail Tile Icon on Taskbar? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; If I can avoid it I would prefer to not use Windows 10 built in Mail app. What I want to do is have direct access to my Gmail account via the taskbar... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Carbo, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Carbo Win User

Gmail Tile Icon on Taskbar?

If I can avoid it I would prefer to not use Windows 10 built in Mail app. What I want to do is have direct access to my Gmail account via the taskbar and/or a tile. Is this possible?

:)

Carbo, Mar 18, 2017

2. Change Tile Icon

Is there a way to change the icon of the live tiles? E.g. I would like to show the Gmail tile differently, than the standard way it is shown up by W8 Phone..

ArunSundararaman, Mar 18, 2017
  3. Windows 10 I can't remove a tile from the start menu.

Windows 10. I added a Tile for Gmail. The tile installed with the appropriate Icon on the tile. Withing seconds, the icon disappeared. I then decided that something was wrong and clicked to Remove it from the start menu............Nothing happened. The tile
    remained and is now totally non functional and non removeable. Also syncing to my gmail (calendar in particular) no longer works. I tried the solution inclusive of the Run command. when I entered the Run command as instructed, the folders indicated did not
    appear. Any other options I can take to remove this tile and get the syncing process to work again?

MikeBaird_1948, Mar 18, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

I would suggest using Windows Mail as it is far more secure than other 3rd party apps.
    Simply sync your Gmail account within Windows Mail, create a shortcut for Windows Mail, assign it a 'Gmail' icon if you wish, put the shortcut in a folder in Documents, create a Quick Launch Toolbar of that folder.
    Instant access to your Gmail account.

Gmail Tile Icon on Taskbar? [​IMG]

Edwin, Mar 18, 2017
  5. Plankton Win User
    Or just use Chromes web based service for checking your emails. Then all you would have to do is add your other email accounts. Then get the chrome extension that shows your emails in the browser or move it to your taskbar.

Plankton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Gmail Tile Icon on Taskbar? - Similar Threads - Gmail Tile Icon

2. Gmail icon.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gmail icon.: Windows 10.....MS Edge...All up to date.The 'Gmail' icon in the taskbar was accidentally removed.I can't find the actual application to reinstate the icon!Help Please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-icon/e0d1325f-1eeb-42ae-9af7-5fa898e23cc1
  3. Gmail icon.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gmail icon.: Windows 10.....MS Edge...All up to date.The 'Gmail' icon in the taskbar was accidentally removed.I can't find the actual application to reinstate the icon!Help Please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-icon/e0d1325f-1eeb-42ae-9af7-5fa898e23cc1
  4. Gmail icon.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Taskbar versus tiles

Taskbar versus tiles: Hi, I had a ms update, I don't know if this caused my problem, or if I did something. I have lost my taskbar which helps me navigate between programs. The task bar usually sits at the bottom of my screen, but instead they now show on tiles on my worktop. I would prefer my...
  6. taskbar at bottom: icons gone and replaced by tiles

taskbar at bottom: icons gone and replaced by tiles: Dear Help apologies I am sure this is basic but somehow the look of my windows 10 has changed I like my taskbar at bottom full of clickable pinne icons; word, firefox, windows explorer etc they have vanished and also the icons in the mainscreen have vanished. they are...
  7. Tiles and Icons

Tiles and Icons: Why won't my Alienware laptop running an Intel I7-6500U CPU @ 2.50 Ghz, 8 GB ram, 500 GB Hard drive, 64 bit with touch screen. Windows 10 version 1903, with OS build 18362.836. Why won't it save to tiles anymore after last update? Either need ability to have desktop icons or...
  8. No icon on tile

No icon on tile: When I pin the Crome exe to start menu all is well, but if I change the size to small it will lose the icon and tile is faded? Anyone have a fix for this? 32331
  9. Icons and Tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons and Tiles: I have wondered why tile has become the key word for what used to be icon? Is there really a difference other than size? Programs have become apps. I know tablets changed our reference words but when an app has more code than some programs isn't it really a program? I...
  10. How to increase the size of the icons/tiles in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    How to increase the size of the icons/tiles in the taskbar: I have a high resolution screen, so the taskbar seems disproportionately small by default/ In prior versions of Windows I would just increase the taskbar height and icons would adjust in size accordingly, but not so with Windows 10. How can I resize them, or is this deature...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tile icon in gmail