Windows 10: Gmail totally messed up

Discus and support Gmail totally messed up in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; In the last week or so every time I open my Gmail, it seems to appear different. This is what my Inbox box looks like now. [img] It seems to be... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by huffman, Nov 18, 2020.

1. huffman Win User

Gmail totally messed up

In the last week or so every time I open my Gmail, it seems to appear different.

This is what my Inbox box looks like now.

Gmail totally messed up [​IMG]

It seems to be "starred" what ever that means. I have no idea how it got "starred".

I also can NOT see my "Trash" label to select it to remove the trash. I can NOT find the "Label" tab in the settings.

What I would really like to do is set my Gmail back to where it was the day I got it (years ago). I don't know if this is possible or not.

I could sure use some help (is there a tutorial for Gmail in this forum?).

Thanks

:)

huffman, Nov 18, 2020
  2. weybrew Win User

All Gmail links fail

Thanks to Caledon Ken...your suggestion had no effect.

Thanks to bro67...Interestingly enough the Gmail link to this forum reply actually worked, as did your link to "How to Fix....." I tried steps 1 and 2 without success. Step 3 gave me the following screen, which didn't look like the article described. At any rate, the probem is unchanged...screenshot follows.

weybrew, Nov 18, 2020
  3. Munki Win User
    GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Gmail totally messed up

Totally Confused with Email

Hi Cole,

Please reply with the below information to know more about the issue:

• Are you trying to create third user account in the mail app?
    • Which email account have you configured with two accounts (live mail, outlook or Gmail etc)?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Method 2: I suggest you to run the app troubleshooter from the below article and check if it helps.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Gmail totally messed up

1. Gmail totally messed up - Similar Threads - Gmail totally messed

2. TOTAL PANIC - New OneDrive Personal has things messed up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TOTAL PANIC - New OneDrive Personal has things messed up.: I took the bit and downloaded the new BACK-UP program from Micro-Soft. I read the the 32 bit program don't back up on a chat.But now - I can't access my download files, Outlook files pst and other. I looks like it is still in the process of backing up. I'm I LOCK-UP out until...
  3. Windows SERVICES totally messed up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows SERVICES totally messed up.: I was trying to uninstall oracle database because of which I had to disable few services and in hurry I disabled many of the services. After that my screen went totally blank. Nothing is working on the laptop. I wanna reinstall my windows and don't know how to do that on this...
  4. Windows SERVICES totally messed up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows SERVICES totally messed up.: I was trying to uninstall oracle database because of which I had to disable few services and in hurry I disabled many of the services. After that my screen went totally blank. Nothing is working on the laptop. I wanna reinstall my windows and don't know how to do that on this...
  5. File permissions totally messed up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File permissions totally messed up: I was transferring data from my ssd to another computer, so I plugged in my ssd to another computer using an external drive. When I tried to access the ssd, it gave me "you don't currently have permission to access this folder" so I clicked continue to get permanent access....
  6. Totally messed up pc, need help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Totally messed up pc, need help!: Ok, this is my first post here, and I wish it wasn't going to be so long and confusing. Long story trying to make shorter. Originally, I had drive c, a ssd, and drive d, internal HD named mass storage. I also use aoemi tools, such as one key boot partition backup and...
  7. totally messed up win10 64bit settings

in Windows 10 Support
    totally messed up win10 64bit settings: I use Chrome as my default browser. I run Win 10 Home (up to date on updates) version build 17618,1000. My winver result does not let me copy any text on that window. I got into either preferences or display settings on the desktop. Changes colors and everything was so bad....
  8. Microsoft Account Totally Messed Up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Account Totally Messed Up.: I continually get cards saying my account needs fixing. When I try to go through the procedure it says it has sent me an email to verify my account. It never arrives. Email is correct. There are so many problems with my MS accounts I can neither sign in from another computer...
  9. My Windows Update is totally messed up!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My Windows Update is totally messed up!: For a cuppla days my Windows Update has been useless! Clciking on Update and security it shows Your device is missing important security and quality fixes. But clicking on Check for updates just sits there for 15 to 20 minutes with the dots running across the screen then...
  10. need help-Screen Crashing and totally messed up frames.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    need help-Screen Crashing and totally messed up frames.: Hey guys. my uncle has an hp probook 4540s laptop which he has used for about four years now. but recently the screen started to show scattered and misplaced frames. earlier he had windows 7 installed but after the screen started to scatter he installed windows 10 and the...