Windows 10: Gmail & Yahoo insist creating new passwords on daily basis

Discus and support Gmail & Yahoo insist creating new passwords on daily basis in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Not my PC, but a friends. I found it strange that both email accounts last night insisted that the passwords (each one different) were incorrect. They... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Corona, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Corona Win User

Gmail & Yahoo insist creating new passwords on daily basis

Not my PC, but a friends. I found it strange that both email accounts last night insisted that the passwords (each one different) were incorrect. They insisted we need to make new ones. So we did. They worked for the rest of the night. Turn off PC. Reboot this morning, bam, same problem. My friend doesn't go to unknown junk sites, I make sure of that. Doesn't mess with the PC at all. I make sure it's in clean order every week or so.

What confuses me is why both emails on the same day? Is there something in the wild? Is it the dreaded virus?! Prolly not. If it's to do with Network stuff on the PC I'm at a complete loss. MBAM picked up nothing as usual. Got rid of the cookies in CCleaner. *Rolleyes

Gmail & Yahoo insist creating new passwords on daily basis [​IMG]

:)

Corona, Mar 27, 2020

2. Yahoo Password Change Question

Glad to hear you got gmail off.

Yes I'm suggesting you login to Yahoo, which it sounds like you have, and change your password. Then you will need that new password.

I don't think Yahoo has same functionality as gmail, so mail on iPhone 4 is still there and that will be an issue unless you erase remotely and that only works when phone joins a cellular network.

Phones should have password and in my opinion should be set to delete after 10 tries.

As to remote deleting phone please read the link I provided. Apple provided a way to remove contents of lost phones connected to network.

Caledon Ken, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Tommygunn Win User
    Yahoo Conflict With Gmail POP3

I opened an account with Gmail some months ago to use their POP3 service to collate my various Yahoo and Hotmail accounts in one place. All of a sudden, about two weeks ago, I find that I am unable to send from my Yahoo email address even though they were previously working on Gmail and all are well used friends and family email addresses.
    The problem happens in specific combinations, that is, sending from my Yahoo account to someone else's Yahoo account via Gmail and also it didn't work when I sent from my Yahoo, via Gmail, to my Hotmail, which I have registered to Gmail POP3. Both got bounced back.

How do I circumvent this problem and resume normal service.

Thanks,
    Tom.

Tommygunn, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Barman58 Win User

Gmail over Yahoo

What you can do is to keep the Yahoo address and setup a new Gmail account, (I would always advise that these days you do this using IMAP rather than POP3 as it's a more efficient way of working,)

You then need to setup the Gmail account to retrieve the yahoo emails using POP3, ( it's a standard Gmail Feature).

All Yahoo mails will henceforth arrive at your Gmail account shortly after they arrive at Yahoo, The delay is set by the checking frequency you set for the retrieval, and as it is a Google function it does not use any of your resources.

What I would then suggest is that you only ever send emails from your Gmail account and add a signature to your emails, (again a standard feature), that includes a note explaining that your email has changed to the google address. I would also advise that you increase your security, by enabling two layer authentication, if you have a smartphone available

after a while, dependent on how much you use the email account and how many contacts are involved, all your contacts should be aware of your new address, and you can if you wish delete the Yahoo account, or leave it dormant just incase someone forgets.

The one issue that will not resolve is any automatic email notifications you get from websites this may be a good time to review these and unsubscribe from any you no longer need , re-subscribe with your new Gmail account to those you need (and unsubscribe from the yahoo versions - This may be a little or a lot of work depending on how many you have subscribes to but can be done over a period of time as they will still be redirected to your new account.

I use this system to monitor several older accounts I have, including one from Yahoo that I have never used except to setup an account on Flickr, the Photo site that was owned by yahoo when I set it up

Barman58, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Gmail & Yahoo insist creating new passwords on daily basis - Similar Threads - Gmail Yahoo insist

2. BSOD on a daily basis

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on a daily basis: Hi, first time asking for help here.Basically I've been having issues with my laptop for a while now and it's mostly BSOD while doing nothing like browsing the web or laptop would just be sitting and literally not doing anything. But while playing games it won't get any BSOD...
  3. BSOD on a daily basis

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD on a daily basis: Hi, first time asking for help here.Basically I've been having issues with my laptop for a while now and it's mostly BSOD while doing nothing like browsing the web or laptop would just be sitting and literally not doing anything. But while playing games it won't get any BSOD...
  4. Multiple BSOD on daily basis

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD on daily basis: Hi All, I am currently really struggling to ge to the bottom of this issue, Ive been getting multiple bluescreens on a daily basis, I have re install windows and issue is still occuring so i thought it could be hardware related. I have tested and checked the following to make...
  5. Multiple BSOD on daily basis

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSOD on daily basis: Hi All, I am currently really struggling to ge to the bottom of this issue, Ive been getting multiple bluescreens on a daily basis, I have re install windows and issue is still occuring so i thought it could be hardware related. I have tested and checked the following to make...
  6. Added Yahoo to Gmail account. New received Yahoo emails not received

in Browsers and Email
    Added Yahoo to Gmail account. New received Yahoo emails not received: Added Yahoo to Gmail account. New received Yahoo emails not received in Gmail It did bring in all of the emails in my folders from Yahoo perfectly and put them under a new heading in Gmail as [email protected] However I was hoping it would also read the emails that show...
  7. EML to yahoo/Gmail

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    EML to yahoo/Gmail: I'm trying to move my old emails from em Client to Yahoo mail or Gmail. I have exported them to EML format using the em client program but looking for some software (freeware) to import them to GMAIL or YAHOO mail. There's a few available to buy but quite costly considering I...
  8. gmail insists on log-in. Why?

in Browsers and Email
    gmail insists on log-in. Why?: 1903 (OS Build 18363.535 I used to be able to access gmail from a desktop shortcut without having to log in. I now have to. What changes do I have to make so I no longer have to again? 151778
  9. gmail insists on log-in. Why?

in Windows 10 Support
    gmail insists on log-in. Why?: 1903 (OS Build 18363.535 I used to be able to access gmail from a desktop shortcut without having to log in. I now have to. What changes do I have to make so I no longer have to again? 151778
  10. Gmail over Yahoo

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail over Yahoo: Advise please on moving from Yahoo to Gmail keeping same address. If info already exists please point me in the direction. 114667

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can you reactivate a deleted yahoo account?