Windows 10: GNU GRUB interference with my Windows 11 installation

Discus and support GNU GRUB interference with my Windows 11 installation in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I use Linux, and my bootmanager of choice is GNU GRUB, but the issue with that is, I want to install Windows 11 as a separate partition to which to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Waffle Dealer, Feb 1, 2023.

1. GNU GRUB interference with my Windows 11 installation

I use Linux, and my bootmanager of choice is GNU GRUB, but the issue with that is, I want to install Windows 11 as a separate partition to which to dualboot into for stuff like; video games that do not run on Wine due to anticheat false alarms that are a big thing on Linux and testing C.S projects on Windows.And I have an 8GB flash drive with the latest Windows ISO flashed onto it, and as I try to boot into the installation, it doesn't! But Instead it gives me the plain GNU GRUB screen I do not wish to see when doing this.It doesn't display anything, just the default GRUB screen.I really need

:)

Waffle Dealer, Feb 1, 2023

2. GNU GRUB interference with my Windows 11 installation

I use Linux, and my bootmanager of choice is GNU GRUB, but the issue with that is, I want to install Windows 11 as a separate partition to which to dualboot into for stuff like; video games that do not run on Wine due to anticheat false alarms that are a big thing on Linux and testing C.S projects on Windows.

And I have an 8GB flash drive with the latest Windows ISO flashed onto it, and as I try to boot into the installation, it doesn't! But Instead it gives me the plain GNU GRUB screen I do not wish to see when doing this.

It doesn't display anything, just the default GRUB screen.

I really need to get Windows working asap, and I've never met an issue like this before although I've been using Linux for 3 years, and did not find a specific guide for my issue so I'm here to ask for help.

Waffle Dealer, Feb 1, 2023
  3. GNU GRUB VERSION 2.04 after updating Windows 11

Product name HP laptop 15s-du2058tu

Processor type- Intel(R) core(TM) i3-1005G1

BIOS Revision- F.53

Updated my Windows 11 two days before. Today when I opened my lap found this on screen GNU GRUB version 2.04. Minimal Bash-like line editing is supported. For the first word, TAB lists possible command completions. Anywhere else TAB lists possible device or file completions. grub>.

Can anyone help me with this. What to do. If I reset my PC will this issue solve????

Gisha Sivadas, Feb 1, 2023
  4. gmopotato Win User

GNU GRUB interference with my Windows 11 installation

GNU GRUB issue

I recently deleted the KDE Neon partition in Disk Management (Windows 10) on a Toshiba Satellite C55T. Now, I just have Windows 10 installed, only. When I restarted my laptop, I got into the GNU GRUB command line. I have tried the command below, but it did NOT work.

chainloader /EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi

If there is any way to boot into Windows 10 from GNU GRUB command line, please tell me. If there is now way to fix this, I’ll have to reinstall Windows 10 from a USB, deleting my files (some of which are backed up on OneDrive).

Thanks,

GMO Potato

gmopotato, Feb 1, 2023
Thema:

GNU GRUB interference with my Windows 11 installation

1. GNU GRUB interference with my Windows 11 installation - Similar Threads - GNU GRUB interference

2. GNU GRUB interference with my Windows 11 installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GNU GRUB interference with my Windows 11 installation: I use Linux, and my bootmanager of choice is GNU GRUB, but the issue with that is, I want to install Windows 11 as a separate partition to which to dualboot into for stuff like; video games that do not run on Wine due to anticheat false alarms that are a big thing on Linux...
  3. GNU GRUB issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    GNU GRUB issue: I recently deleted the KDE Neon partition in Disk Management Windows 10 on a Toshiba Satellite C55T. Now, I just have Windows 10 installed, only. When I restarted my laptop, I got into the GNU GRUB command line. I have tried the command below, but it did NOT work.chainloader...
  4. GNU GRUB issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GNU GRUB issue: I recently deleted the KDE Neon partition in Disk Management Windows 10 on a Toshiba Satellite C55T. Now, I just have Windows 10 installed, only. When I restarted my laptop, I got into the GNU GRUB command line. I have tried the command below, but it did NOT work.chainloader...
  5. GNU GRUB issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. GNU-GRUB on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GNU-GRUB on startup: For some reason, over the last month or two, my startup sequence includes a GNU-GRUB V2.04 "bash-like" startup, where I have to type "exit" to get to my home screen. Can you tell me why, and help me remove this strange boot sequence?...
  7. GNU-GRUB on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GNU-GRUB on startup: For some reason, over the last month or two, my startup sequence includes a GNU-GRUB V2.04 "bash-like" startup, where I have to type "exit" to get to my home screen. Can you tell me why, and help me remove this strange boot sequence?...
  8. GNU GRUB version 2.02 error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GNU GRUB version 2.02 error: When I tried to open my laptop it said there was a error and it turned off when I tried to open it again there was a massage about GNU grub 2.02 error how do i solve it...
  9. Stuck in GNU grub

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stuck in GNU grub: Tried to wipe Linux with disk partition manager... How to boot to windows? Win10 updated this morning if that helps...ls hd0,gpt3/ ??Lots of options Tried /efi file not found Safe to say no clue what I'm doing...
  10. GNU GRUB Help !!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    GNU GRUB Help !!: My laptop suddenly restarted by it self and opened on this screen "GNUGRUB version 2.02 Minimal Bach-like line editingis supported. For the firstword, TAB lists possible command completions,Anywhere else TAB lists possibledeviceor file completion ." I know that if I write...