Windows 10: Go 2 Windows 10S activation and potentiial replacement with W 10

Discus and support Go 2 Windows 10S activation and potentiial replacement with W 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I just bought a new Surface Go 2. First question, I don't want to have to sign in to a Microsoft account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Judy in Texas, May 4, 2021.

1. Go 2 Windows 10S activation and potentiial replacement with W 10

I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I just bought a new Surface Go 2. First question, I don't want to have to sign in to a Microsoft account every time I use the computer. How do I do this? I will use it mainly as a tablet for reading magazine subscriptions that I am converting from paper. My prior experience is with W10 Pro. I had my desktop upgraded from W7 by a shop, and it just shows a screen with my name and I press enter to use it. I got a used/wiped Dell laptop and loaded W10 from its saved information and was able to set it up to login with a PIN. I would be o.k. with either of these, just not the whole sign in kit and caboodle. Second question, at some point I may want to convert it to Windows 10 Home (so I can use Firefox, notepad ++, etc.). Are there things I should do differently during my initial activation if I might go that route in the future? Thank you so much.

:)

Judy in Texas, May 4, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

Go 2 Windows 10S activation and potentiial replacement with W 10

No, nothing special required. You should be able to switch out of S Mode at any time. Note that it's a one-way switch, you cannot go back to S Mode.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/su...t:techspecstab

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...b-93baebeebc85

Switch from Windows 10 in S mode to Windows 10 Pro

Bree, May 5, 2021
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, May 5, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Go 2 Windows 10S activation and potentiial replacement with W 10 - Similar Threads - 10S activation potentiial

2. Windows media player -10s +10s

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows media player -10s +10s: is there an option to go back and forth of 10-second in the video using the keyboard arrows? and also pause/stop the video using the space bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-10s-10s/517aab7f-b11f-4734-b20e-152813612edb
  3. Windows media player -10s +10s

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows media player -10s +10s: is there an option to go back and forth of 10-second in the video using the keyboard arrows? and also pause/stop the video using the space bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-10s-10s/517aab7f-b11f-4734-b20e-152813612edb
  4. MS Surface Go 2 w/HP 1022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Surface Go 2 w/HP 1022: Hello,I have an MS Surface Go 2 w/Windows 10. I installed the HP 1022. I have a friend who has the same MS Surface Go 2, and she was able to install it with no issues. I have tried every possible driver version I can find. I even tried that silly HP Scan Doctor. I spent hours...
  5. MS Surface Go 2 w/HP 1022

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Surface Go 2 w/HP 1022: Hello,I have an MS Surface Go 2 w/Windows 10. I installed the HP 1022. I have a friend who has the same MS Surface Go 2, and she was able to install it with no issues. I have tried every possible driver version I can find. I even tried that silly HP Scan Doctor. I spent hours...
  6. MS Surface Go 2 w/HP 1022

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows 10S Dark Mode on Surface Go

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10S Dark Mode on Surface Go: Hi Y'all, I just picked up a Surface Go and despite being fully updated I can't get explorer to go dark when Dark Mode is activated. Running 1803 Any thoughts or help would be appreciated. [ATTACH]...
  8. Can I go from windows 10 pro to windows 10s?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I go from windows 10 pro to windows 10s?: Hello, Is there a way to go back to windows 10s after I have done the upgrade? Windows 10 pro seems to be taking up a lot of space. Should I have used system restore to make a backup point before I started the update?...
  9. Mail on win 10S on a Surface Go

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail on win 10S on a Surface Go: My incoming and outgoing mail servers are hosted on another domain. There appears to be no way to enter this data - the app simply fails to detect the mailbox and gives up. Can this be fixed? or do I need to upgrade to the regular Win 10 and install Thunderbird?...
  10. Activating Win 10S

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Win 10S: I installed Win 10S on a pc for use by an elderly relative to minimise click mania impact, and was shocked licence was £220. I had a spare PRO digital licence from an old upgrade I was not using but have long lost original key. Other users here have said that Win 10S will...