Windows 10: Go back to previous

Discus and support Go back to previous in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After recent Ten updates, this Toshiba Satellite M645 S 4070 is out of order. 1. wireless is unable to turn on. 2. touchpad and pointer stopped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by electron100, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Go back to previous

After recent Ten updates, this Toshiba Satellite M645 S 4070 is out of order.

1. wireless is unable to turn on.
    2. touchpad and pointer stopped working.
    3. unable to go to BIOS menu.

they were working before the updates.

After I reset Ten to previous version from settings,
    pointer and touchpad working, and BIOS menu is available.
    However, WiFi has not able to been connected yet.
    Any suggestions or options?

:)

electron100, Aug 4, 2017
  2. grschinon Win User

Go back to Previous Firmware??

A lot of post-update problems can be resolved by doing a restore to factory default settings (*#7780#). It doesn't erase any data of yours, you just have to redo your settings afterwards.

Otherwise, S60 devices make it trivially easy to back up the phone to the memory card and perform a reset (*#7370#), which solves the problems that the *#7780# doesn't.

grschinon, Aug 4, 2017
  3. petrib Win User
    Go back to Previous Firmware??

No supported do-it-yourself way exists with Nokia Software Updater to go back to some older firmware version.

What SMS problem do you have?

petrib, Aug 4, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Go back to previous

Hi, which recent update is that? An update or an upgrade to the Creator's build?

What is your Windows build?
    (Windows key + R, winver).

Note: some are on older builds, some on the Creator's, some on Insider's builds and not everyone receives updates at the same time.

Once you've identified the update, have a look for the related thread in the News section to compare others' experience of it. (Each update has a separate thread).

dalchina, Aug 4, 2017
  5. my 10 has Version 1703 (OS build 15063, 483), and here's update history,

electron100, Aug 5, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    From your screenshot the 'update' was the upgrade to version 1703, the Creators Update. This would have turned on 'Fast Startup'. If it worked before you must have had fast startup turned off, because with it turned on you bypass the Toshiba flash screen which has the 'F2 for Setup' option. You only see that screen if you do a cold start. Either turn off fast startup, or choose 'Restart' rather than 'Shut down' when you want to get to the BIOS - that is the only way to do a cold start when fast startup is enabled.

Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10

Bree, Aug 5, 2017
  7. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Aug 5, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

Go back to previous

Bree, Aug 5, 2017
  9. My Win 10 home is upgraded over wireless from 7, and wireless was working,
    Does 10 Update, replace network driver?

electron100, Sep 29, 2017
  10. dalchina New Member
    You get a new set of drivers as thought best for you by Uncle MS.

Some people find they need to downgrade their driver - so you could download that and try it.
    If you want to keep it and stop Uncle MS from messing about with it, use the appropriate tutorial in the tutorial section here (or search the internet) and hide the update.

(There is a tutorial about disabling driver updates altogether but that's different and not recommended).

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Go back to previous

1. Go back to previous - Similar Threads - previous

2. Had to do a restore to a previous date; snip & sketch gone, computer only sees one wifi,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Had to do a restore to a previous date; snip & sketch gone, computer only sees one wifi,...: 1 Cannot seem to DL Snip & Sketch from anywhere. In running the Installer abt 703k - only get "retrieving data" message. Never changes; no install. Was hoping to re-install; cannot find anything on the computer showing snip program. Considered trying to reset keyboard - no...
  3. Had to do a restore to a previous date; snip & sketch gone, computer only sees one wifi,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Had to do a restore to a previous date; snip & sketch gone, computer only sees one wifi,...: 1 Cannot seem to DL Snip & Sketch from anywhere. In running the Installer abt 703k - only get "retrieving data" message. Never changes; no install. Was hoping to re-install; cannot find anything on the computer showing snip program. Considered trying to reset keyboard - no...
  4. Can I copy paste all files from my previous install to my new one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I copy paste all files from my previous install to my new one: Recently I found myself regreting that I did reset my windows 11 since I had lots of usefull software on it and I configured it to the last detail. I have an older ssd that has the backup windows install I was copying my old ssd partitions to the new one. But there is a...
  5. Can I copy paste all files from my previous install to my new one

Can I copy paste all files from my previous install to my new one: Recently I found myself regreting that I did reset my windows 11 since I had lots of usefull software on it and I configured it to the last detail. I have an older ssd that has the backup windows install I was copying my old ssd partitions to the new one. But there is a...
  6. Beginner how set back to previous windows os build when first unpack the laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Beginner how set back to previous windows os build when first unpack the laptop: Beginner how set back to previous windows os build and assorted state when first unpack the laptopI'll spend about £300 pounds on new laptop and starting updating think it upgraded the windows os build number and I'm trying to retrieve old windows os build number and...
  7. Beginner how set back to previous windows os build when first unpack the laptop

Beginner how set back to previous windows os build when first unpack the laptop: Beginner how set back to previous windows os build and assorted state when first unpack the laptopI'll spend about £300 pounds on new laptop and starting updating think it upgraded the windows os build number and I'm trying to retrieve old windows os build number and...
  8. Beginner how set back to previous ios build when first unpack the laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Beginner how set back to previous ios build when first unpack the laptop: Beginner how set back to previous os build and assorted state when first unpack the laptopI'll spend about £300 pounds on laptop and it doesn't simpifiy the mess im am in.The os build i had and lost is window 11 home and os build 10.0.22621.1555I always was using local...
  9. Beginner how set back to previous ios build when first unpack the laptop

Beginner how set back to previous ios build when first unpack the laptop: Beginner how set back to previous os build and assorted state when first unpack the laptopI'll spend about £300 pounds on laptop and it doesn't simpifiy the mess im am in.The os build i had and lost is window 11 home and os build 10.0.22621.1555I always was using local...
  10. Beginner how set back to previous windows os build and assorted state when first unpack the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Beginner how set back to previous windows os build and assorted state when first unpack the...: Beginner how set back to previous windows os build and assorted state when first unpack the laptopI'll spend about £300 pounds on laptop and it doesn't simpifiy the mess im am in.I always was using local account to not meedle/change the state of layout and screen wallpaper...