Windows 10: "Go back to the previous version of Windows 10" taking more than 2.5 hours

Discus and support "Go back to the previous version of Windows 10" taking more than 2.5 hours in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I istalled an update yesterday and upon turingn on my pc today, it wouldn't recognize my keyboard or mouse. The only way I got it to work was to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Borislav Guigov, Mar 15, 2021.

1. "Go back to the previous version of Windows 10" taking more than 2.5 hours

I istalled an update yesterday and upon turingn on my pc today, it wouldn't recognize my keyboard or mouse. The only way I got it to work was to connect another mouse and it worked. I decided to us the "Go back to the previous version of Windows 10" feature, but it has now been more than 2.5 hours on the windows logo and moving dots screen. Is that normal? Thanks!

:)

Borislav Guigov, Mar 15, 2021

2. windows 10 takes 2 hours in loading the desktop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try the followings steps to run System maintenance troubleshooter:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “System and security”

• Select "System maintenance"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: How to perform a clean boot in Windows:
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: The steps apply for Windows 10 as well.

Note 2: After the troubleshooting is done make sure to refer the section
    " How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" from the Clean boot article.

Method 3: Run the DISM Tool.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to run the DISM tool to check the system health and will try to restore the files.

• Click on 'Start'.

• Enter 'Command prompt' in the Search box.

• In the list of results, swipe down on or right-click Command prompt, and then tap or click
      'Run as administrator'.

• In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the
      Enter key after each command:

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    To close the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Note: The tool might take 15-20 minutes to finish running, so please do not cancel it.

Try the above steps and let us know the status of the issue for further assistance. Feel free to contact us, we will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Waseemulla S, Mar 15, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 15, 2021
  4. Johan45 Win User

"Go back to the previous version of Windows 10" taking more than 2.5 hours

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

"Go back to the previous version of Windows 10" taking more than 2.5 hours

1. "Go back to the previous version of Windows 10" taking more than 2.5 hours - Similar Threads - previous version taking

2. Updates taking more than 10 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates taking more than 10 hours: Windows has been running "Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H2" for more then 10 hours. It was stuck several time previously, now at 90%. I was previously stuck at 60% and 87% before I rebooted. Have tried everything I know of....
  3. Updates taking more than 10 hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates taking more than 10 hours: Windows has been running "Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H2" for more then 10 hours. It was stuck several time previously, now at 90%. I was previously stuck at 60% and 87% before I rebooted. Have tried everything I know of....
  4. Updates taking more than 10 hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Go back to previous version of Windows 10

Go back to previous version of Windows 10: Hi if I use “go back to previous version of windows 10 does it go back to 1909 because 20h2 is so damn slow and if I did that will it delete my files on D: drive or just C: system drive...
  6. Windows 10 update taking more than 24 hours

Windows 10 update taking more than 24 hours: Started the update on Tuesday around 5:00 pm and it was still running the following day at 5:00 pm. Message said it was running the update 100%. I need my computer so I shut it off. When I restarted it backed the upgrade back off automatically since it wasn't finished....
  7. my windows 10 updates takes more than 10 hours

my windows 10 updates takes more than 10 hours: [IMG]the 99 percentage stay here for 5 hours and i have wait for finish for last 10 hours shall i turn off my system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-updates-takes-more-than-10-hours/d6687bbd-5cc9-4197-97be-efaaec70baec
  8. Windows 10 update taking more than 48 hours

Windows 10 update taking more than 48 hours: I feel as if my laptop has been kidnapped by Windows updating. This Windows 10 update has taken nearly 48 hours so afar and is STILL running. I can't get into the lock screen or home screen to sign out of the internet or make changes to update schedules. The update is not...
  9. go back to previous version

go back to previous version: hello! have a good day! i have an issue regarding windows 10, kindly need some assistance. currently i have upgraded windows 10 1803 to 1809 version. and i have also deleted windows.old folder from c drive. but i am facing some issues with 1809 version. is their any...
  10. going back to a previous version of windows

going back to a previous version of windows: I'm thinking of going back to a previous version of windows right before the creators update (i think its the same as 1703). I don't like all the changes it caused, mainly not being able to rearrange my files the way i want to, that's a must have for me. Since i have never...