Windows 10: go.normandoh infection

Discus and support go.normandoh infection in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Edge is my default browser and is infected with go.normandoh, which is hijacking my websearches. I have tried Malwarebytes Threat Scan, Norton Power... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by row51, Jun 12, 2019.

1. row51 Win User

go.normandoh infection

Edge is my default browser and is infected with go.normandoh, which is hijacking my websearches.

I have tried Malwarebytes Threat Scan, Norton Power Eraser, AdwCleaner, Hitman Pro, RKill and other tools. Have checked the Extensions. Have uninstalled go.normandoh from my PC apps. Have run sfc/ scannow. Have also done other things--none have worked.

Malwarebytes constantly pops up with "Website blocked due to PUP" because evidently go.normandoh is redirecting my searches to go.normandoh.com.

If Malwarebytes doesn't block it than Norton does.

Consequently, Edge is effectively unusable. I can't do websearches. I'm using Chrome until issue is resolved.

Thank you for any help you can give.

:)

row51, Jun 12, 2019
  2. bruinator Win User

steps taken for infected Pc's.

I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if it gets infected.

thx

bruinator, Jun 12, 2019
  3. steps taken for infected Pc's.

Hi:

There is no one set of "boilerplate", "cookbook" or standard steps.
    Each computer is unique.
    Each malware infection is unique.
    Proper diagnosis, cleanup and repair depends on the particular infection and the system that is infected.
    The process can be tedious and time-consuming, often requiring the use of multiple powerful tools, in the proper sequence.
    Many of them can actually damage the system if deployed improperly by untrained computer users.

Bottom line:
    Malware cleanup is best done with *customized* support provided by trained individuals who know what tools to use and how to use them.

There are a few folks with such expertise here at this forum (I am not one of them).
    And there are a number of reputable computer disinfection fora where trained malware removal experts provide free, custom assistance.

Cheers,

MoxieMomma, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

go.normandoh infection

clean possibly infected flash drives and CD-RWs

Your steps in post #1 should work for 99% of viruses that may be on a usb flash drive. However, there are a very few viruses that can infect the MBR of a drive. I would use Diskpart from a command prompt (Admin) to clean them. In the command prompt type DISKPART then, at the Diskpart prompt use the commands:

LIST DISKnote the disk number of the usb and use it in place of # in the command:SELECT DISK #
    CLEAN
    CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY

After this you will have cleaned the partition table from the usb and created a partition using the whole of the the available space. You can then format this partition in File Explorer.

For a CD-RW, if you right-click on it in File Explorer there is an Erase option.

Thema:

go.normandoh infection

1. go.normandoh infection - Similar Threads - normandoh infection

2. Microsoft Safety Scanner, normal to show infected files, when finished says it detected 0?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Safety Scanner, normal to show infected files, when finished says it detected 0?: OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631 Other OS Description Microsoft Corporation System Type x64-based Default string Processor 12th Gen IntelR CoreTM i9-12900KF, 3200 Mhz, 16 Cores, 24 Logical Processors e UEFI Platform Role Desktop Secure Boot...
  3. Microsoft Safety Scanner, normal to show infected files, when finished says it detected 0?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Safety Scanner, normal to show infected files, when finished says it detected 0?: OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631 Other OS Description Microsoft Corporation System Type x64-based Default string Processor 12th Gen IntelR CoreTM i9-12900KF, 3200 Mhz, 16 Cores, 24 Logical Processors e UEFI Platform Role Desktop Secure Boot...
  4. PC Infected with Persistent Malware Downloading Files Hourly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Infected with Persistent Malware Downloading Files Hourly: Hello Microsoft Community,I'm in a bit of a bind and desperately need your expertise. Two days ago, around 6:30-7:00 PM GMT +8, I mistakenly executed a file I downloaded from the Internet. Only after running it did I realize its malicious intent, evident from a suspicious...
  5. PC Infected with Persistent Malware Downloading Files Hourly

PC Infected with Persistent Malware Downloading Files Hourly: Hello Microsoft Community,I'm in a bit of a bind and desperately need your expertise. Two days ago, around 6:30-7:00 PM GMT +8, I mistakenly executed a file I downloaded from the Internet. Only after running it did I realize its malicious intent, evident from a suspicious...
  6. TotalAV Virus?? - I'm scared I've been infected for a long time, please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TotalAV Virus?? - I'm scared I've been infected for a long time, please help: So like a year or two ago, I was sure I had a virus. I'm pretty naive, and paranoid,and so I wanted to check. I tried scanning with windows own anti-virus, but nothing came up. I searched the internett, and found multiple youtube videos stating "windows didn't detect all the...
  7. TotalAV Virus?? - I'm scared I've been infected for a long time, please help

TotalAV Virus?? - I'm scared I've been infected for a long time, please help: So like a year or two ago, I was sure I had a virus. I'm pretty naive, and paranoid,and so I wanted to check. I tried scanning with windows own anti-virus, but nothing came up. I searched the internett, and found multiple youtube videos stating "windows didn't detect all the...
  8. how to remove normandoh

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    how to remove normandoh: how can I remove normandoh app from windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-normandoh/236eaed2-539e-4860-b178-6ec91156a042"
  9. How can I remove App Normandoh from Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I remove App Normandoh from Windows 10?: I found the App "Normandoh" on my computer and tried the normal App/Uninstall but that does not remove from my machine. I searched online and tried several methods which also did not remove. I found a few sites that stated I could download a program that would help me...
  10. Normandoh

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Normandoh: how do I remove this program from my computer, it was just installed and is listed as a bad program, or malware I have malware protection but it seems it doesn't stop this one' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/normandoh/110cca0b-9801-4fc4-a822-1a0ccbe2c8c6"