Windows 10: go.normandoh infection

Discus and support go.normandoh infection in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Edge is my default browser and is infected with go.normandoh, which is hijacking my websearches. I have tried Malwarebytes Threat Scan, Norton Power... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by row51, Jun 12, 2019.

1. row51 Win User

go.normandoh infection

Edge is my default browser and is infected with go.normandoh, which is hijacking my websearches.

I have tried Malwarebytes Threat Scan, Norton Power Eraser, AdwCleaner, Hitman Pro, RKill and other tools. Have checked the Extensions. Have uninstalled go.normandoh from my PC apps. Have run sfc/ scannow. Have also done other things--none have worked.

Malwarebytes constantly pops up with "Website blocked due to PUP" because evidently go.normandoh is redirecting my searches to go.normandoh.com.

If Malwarebytes doesn't block it than Norton does.

Consequently, Edge is effectively unusable. I can't do websearches. I'm using Chrome until issue is resolved.

Thank you for any help you can give.

:)

row51, Jun 12, 2019
  2. bruinator Win User

steps taken for infected Pc's.

I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if it gets infected.

thx

bruinator, Jun 12, 2019
  3. steps taken for infected Pc's.

Hi:

There is no one set of "boilerplate", "cookbook" or standard steps.
    Each computer is unique.
    Each malware infection is unique.
    Proper diagnosis, cleanup and repair depends on the particular infection and the system that is infected.
    The process can be tedious and time-consuming, often requiring the use of multiple powerful tools, in the proper sequence.
    Many of them can actually damage the system if deployed improperly by untrained computer users.

Bottom line:
    Malware cleanup is best done with *customized* support provided by trained individuals who know what tools to use and how to use them.

There are a few folks with such expertise here at this forum (I am not one of them).
    And there are a number of reputable computer disinfection fora where trained malware removal experts provide free, custom assistance.

Cheers,

MoxieMomma, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

go.normandoh infection

clean possibly infected flash drives and CD-RWs

Your steps in post #1 should work for 99% of viruses that may be on a usb flash drive. However, there are a very few viruses that can infect the MBR of a drive. I would use Diskpart from a command prompt (Admin) to clean them. In the command prompt type DISKPART then, at the Diskpart prompt use the commands:

LIST DISKnote the disk number of the usb and use it in place of # in the command:SELECT DISK #
    CLEAN
    CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY

After this you will have cleaned the partition table from the usb and created a partition using the whole of the the available space. You can then format this partition in File Explorer.

For a CD-RW, if you right-click on it in File Explorer there is an Erase option.

Thema:

go.normandoh infection

1. go.normandoh infection - Similar Threads - normandoh infection

2. How to remove infected files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove infected files: Recently I used the Windows 10 Malicious Software Removal Tool to scan my computer because my PC was not running smoothly. During the scanning process, I noticed that 10 infected files were discovered by the scanning tool. However, after the process was completed, the...
  3. How to find infected file in OneDrive

How to find infected file in OneDrive: OneDrive is constantly syncing an infected file, and Windows Defender is blocking then removing it, but the UI is bloody horrible, and you can't tell which file it is that's being blocked, you just get a long randomised stringname. Any suggestions?...
  4. Clean installaton - Can a hard drive infect the bootable usb?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean installaton - Can a hard drive infect the bootable usb?: Hi everyone I'm new to the forums *Smile , I'm not knowledgable with computers and the like so please don't mind me asking this question. I soon will be installing a clean installation of windows 10 on one of my computers (and doing a clean installation for the first time...
  5. Clean installation of windows 10 - Can a hard drive infect the bootable usb?

Clean installation of windows 10 - Can a hard drive infect the bootable usb?: Hello everyone, I will be installing a clean installation of windows 10 for the first time on one of my computers. From looking at online tutorials/articles its been said to help eradicate malware and allows a clean copy of windows 10 to be installed. After playing around...
  6. Micrsoft Mahjongg Infection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Micrsoft Mahjongg Infection: I play Mahjongg just about every day. Today I am being told my PC is infected. The notification comes when I complete a game of Mahjongg. It opens a New Browser Tab and the message comes up telling me I have three infections, including a Worm. Obviously this is a scam...
  7. I have been infected with some sort of malware that Microsoft Security essentials cannot...

I have been infected with some sort of malware that Microsoft Security essentials cannot...: so about yesterday when i was sitting on my pc i got a ping from avira saying that it had quartined a suspicious file that looked like a CryptoMiner.gen so thinking nothing of it i did the rational thing and told avira to remove the malware and then went on with my day an...
  8. Urine Infection

Urine Infection: Just as a chemical factory was created in a variety of chemicals and medicines made and unnecessary material released from it. Similarly, our body works like a chemical factory where the elements of all the assumptions are removed and unnecessary substances are removed....
  9. Mobile device mangment being used to infect and take control of windows 10 PC no clear way...

Mobile device mangment being used to infect and take control of windows 10 PC no clear way...: I did a fresh install after a secure wipe on my SSD and right off the bat as soon as I hit windows update it says your org is being managed by MDM and you have been signed up for windows insider - Theres a TON of fake trust certs I was removing some then BAM I got locked out...
  10. Normandoh

Normandoh: how do I remove this program from my computer, it was just installed and is listed as a bad program, or malware I have malware protection but it seems it doesn't stop this one' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/normandoh/110cca0b-9801-4fc4-a822-1a0ccbe2c8c6"