Windows 10: go to properties and open c disk cleaner

Discus and support go to properties and open c disk cleaner in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello my name is lee I'm trying to clean my disk but after program runs the temporary and thumbnail files are still there. I checked all the box's but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by leejones818, Mar 1, 2019.

1. go to properties and open c disk cleaner

Hello my name is lee I'm trying to clean my disk but after program runs the temporary and thumbnail files are still there. I checked all the box's but it doesn't make a difference. I go to the PC Settings and click on storage then click on storage sense and free up space it runs and the results is 0%. But after doing this I go back and run the disk cleaner and after it runs the files for temporary files and thumbnail are still there. Why can't I get rid of them. Any body out there have any ideas what is wrong and how to clear theses files. I would appreciate any help possible. Thank you . lee

:)

leejones818, Mar 1, 2019

2. Unable to Delete or open folder from C:\ drive

Let's check Local Disk (Cgo to properties and open c disk cleaner :) for file system errors. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Right-click Local Disk (Cgo to properties and open c disk cleaner :).
    • Click Properties.
    • On the pop-up window, click Tools tab.
    • Under Error checking, click Check button.
    • Click Scan drive.
    • Wait until scan process is finished.
    • Follow on-screen prompts.
    Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Kenneth Mon, Mar 1, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    GPT disk conversion for both data drives and C drive

Macrium Rescue disk can be used to convert from MBR to GPT and vice versa without doing a fresh install of Windows.

1. Download Rescue6.1.1081X64.iso - Google Drive and use Rufus to create a bootable USB disk. Skip this step if you've already created the Macrium Rescue disk.
    2. Download: BootEFI_Only-00-00.zip - Google Drive . Unzip to an external or an internal HD
      NOTE:
      This is a copy of the first 3 partitions of my current Windows 10 x64 (450MB Recovery, 100MB EFI and 16MB MSR)
    3. Boot up Macrium Rescue disk and create a backup of your current Windows to another internal/external HD. It serves 2 purposes: you'd have a backup of your current Windows in case things go wrong and then use it to restore the C drive on the next steps.
    4. Next, switch the BIOS to UEFI and use Macrium to restore the first 3 partitions downloaded in step 2 to your current MBR Windows. No need to convert or Format, Macrium will do it.
    5. Again with Macrium, select the backup image from step 3, and copy back the C drive after the 3 partitions.
      After this step, you should have: 450MB, 100MB, 16MB and C drive (GPT partition scheme)
    6. From Macrium, click on Fix the Windows Boot Problems
    7. Reboot. Your Windows should be in UEFI mode.

topgundcp, Mar 1, 2019
  4. Mnthn Win User

go to properties and open c disk cleaner

Unable to Delete or open folder from C:\ drive

no it is not work at all i have tried three times there are no changes still have problem

Mnthn, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

go to properties and open c disk cleaner

1. go to properties and open c disk cleaner - Similar Threads - properties open disk

2. Can't go to disk properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't go to disk properties: I wanted to do a disk cleanup like i do sometimes, and i right clicked my C: drive and the menu popped for a split second and the closed. And it does that to all of my disks. But when i do that on a random file like a .jpg file it's fine so what's wrong?...
  3. Can't go to disk properties

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't go to disk properties: I wanted to do a disk cleanup like i do sometimes, and i right clicked my C: drive and the menu popped for a split second and the closed. And it does that to all of my disks. But when i do that on a random file like a .jpg file it's fine so what's wrong?...
  4. Can't go to disk properties

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. WISE disk CLEANER

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WISE disk CLEANER: Hi , Is it safe to delete. [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wise-disk-cleaner/4e7f0289-2435-4b83-a0a0-982377187445
  6. [ASK] What are the best open source alternative to c cleaner software?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [ASK] What are the best open source alternative to c cleaner software?: I need a fully free and best service against c cleaner software for windows 10. Thanks in advance. submitted by /u/sfksuperman [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mlwhdx/ask_what_are_the_best_open_source_alternative_to/
  7. Wise Disk Cleaner Free Privacy?

Wise Disk Cleaner Free Privacy?: Hello, Windows Home 20H2 (OS build 19042.610) Is safe to install Wise Disk Cleaner Free v10.4.1.789? I don't want to share any info with https://www.wisecleaner.com, if I install Wise Disk Cleaner Free v10.4.1.789, what options do I have to uncheck to avoid send them any...
  8. C cleaner question

C cleaner question: I've been having a very difficult time staying on this forum. I think it may have started a couple of weeks ago when I tried to log on after using C Cleaner (may have deleted my cookies?...don't know). I just tried to log on a few minutes ago and was told I had the wrong...
  9. What disk cleaner/registry cleaner are you using

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What disk cleaner/registry cleaner are you using: Win 10 til July I did way to much testing, trial and error on various tools, apps, utilities, etc. I'm afraid of most website reviews because of malware and false positive reviews because of affiliation. Is there something else great like CCleaner that has both disk cleaning...
  10. Discuss the uses of 'registry cleaners', 'disk cleaners', 'optimizers'

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Discuss the uses of 'registry cleaners', 'disk cleaners', 'optimizers': I am opening this thread to hear your comments on the necessity or benefits of outside software such as: driverbooster slimcleaner registry cleaner and so on..... clearly windows 10 does some of its own work. here you can talk about it. 52321