Windows 10: GoDaddy gets hit by DNS outage

Discus and support GoDaddy gets hit by DNS outage in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Many users of GoDaddy's web hosting services experienced downed websites and email service issues Thursday. GoDaddy said a DNS issue affected access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

GoDaddy gets hit by DNS outage

Read more: GoDaddy gets hit by DNS outage | ZDNet

Brink, Mar 1, 2017
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

I was looking at GoDaddy for domain hosting services -- on the whole has reasonable reputation - but they seem to have had a bit of a glitch of late --possibly too many customers !!!!!.

A reasonable alternate provider IMO is 101domain.com - but like all these things it depends on what you want from your hosting service.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Mar 5, 2017
  3. Windows 10 DNS fails for 1-2 minutes after wake from suspend

I have a Dell Latitude E5450 with Intel I218-LM wired and AC-7265 wireless adapters that takes one or two minutes after a wake from suspend for DNS to begin working. This occurs on both wired and wireless connections including connections direct from the
    5450's Ethernet port to an AT&T/Pace 5031NV Gateway with its wireless AP off (normally I use a bridged AirportExtreme router which makes no difference.) During the 1-2 minute DNS "outage," ipconfig shows DNS Servers at an IPV6 address [redacted] and at the
    gateway's private 192.168.1.254 I can ping IPV4 IPs with traceroute by IP address, so there is connectivity, but DNS lookups fail, as they do for the Edge and Firefox browsers, mail client, and everything else. During the outage, the Windows 10 troubleshooter
    identifies one or more network protocols (apparently DNS) as "missing" and it is unable to "fix" them. After a one or two minute period, DNS suddenly begins to work on its own.

I've tried every "hit or miss" fix I can find on the web, including adapter power management settings, updating and reinstalling drivers, reconnecting wireless, purging and/or restarting the DNS cache with netsh, etc. without effect - everything short of registry
    edits. I also tried a cold Windows 10 reinstall and the problem appeared very shortly thereafter with only Firefox and the Office apps installed. None of the questions I have found, however, mention a 1-2 minute delay - for most of them, wireless connections
    fail permanently because the wireless adaptor was shut down by the suspend and I've already tried that fix. Also most of the posts describe intermittent failures, not necessarily DNS failures, and in my case, once DNS is up, it stays up.

Anybody got a clue what might be going on with this system? Can you give me a list of processes associated with DNS lookups to be checked for status, and anyway to log them or find DNS specific errors in the system logs?

Thanks for any help you can give. Waiting two minutes makes the suspend feature virtually worthless.

DavePatent, Mar 5, 2017
  4. GoDaddy gets hit by DNS outage

Windows 10/GoDaddy Workspace E-mail

After I installed Windows 10, there has been a problem with GoDaddy.Com Workspace E-mail.

Specifically, when you open a message to send a reply, or when you create a new message, the window which opens for you to attach a file to the e-mail constantly opens. You have to hit the cancel button on the window to get back to your message. This happens
    every time and is quite annoying. GoDaddy points the finger at Windows 10, and also recommends using a different web browser than the new browser which comes with Windows 10.

I like and have gotten use to GoDaddy's classic Workspace e-mail tool, it has features I use that are not on the new look version of GoDaddy's Workspace.

Can anyone help?

Thank you in advance.

Best,

WatergateBug, Mar 5, 2017
Thema:

GoDaddy gets hit by DNS outage

1. GoDaddy gets hit by DNS outage - Similar Threads - GoDaddy gets hit

2. Power Outage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Outage: Hi, there was a sudden power outage in my area and my PC was shut down. I was able to turn on the PC without issue but when I run DISM it says I have errors?C:\Windows\System32>DISM/sfc /scannow Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.22621.2792 Error: 87...
  3. Power Outage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Outage: Hi, there was a sudden power outage in my area and my PC was shut down. I was able to turn on the PC without issue but when I run DISM it says I have errors?C:\Windows\System32>DISM/sfc /scannow Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.22621.2792 Error: 87...
  4. Keep getting random DNS errors!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting random DNS errors!!!: So I keep getting these dns errors when I browsing Chrome, if i turn my wifi adapter TP-LINK WN881ND on and off it works again but its really anoying and I want to know the reason this happens.Im worried I have like a DNS virusI even did a clean installation of windows but it...
  5. Keep getting random DNS errors!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep getting random DNS errors!!!: So I keep getting these dns errors when I browsing Chrome, if i turn my wifi adapter TP-LINK WN881ND on and off it works again but its really anoying and I want to know the reason this happens.Im worried I have like a DNS virusI even did a clean installation of windows but it...
  6. Keep getting random DNS errors!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Powershell Get-AppxPackage DNS issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Powershell Get-AppxPackage DNS issues: Hello My cousin had some issues with Game Pass and found around internet that he could try to type below command in powershell: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml”} After doing this...
  8. Power Outage Can't Get Into Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power Outage Can't Get Into Windows: The power went out in my house today and ever since I can't get into Windows. My PC was totally fine yesterday, but now all the sudden it's not working. I've tried many different things and none have worked. I'll try to list everything I've done. I'm pretty sure either...
  9. Widespread landline and cellphone outages have hit Atlantic Canada,

in Windows 10 News
    Widespread landline and cellphone outages have hit Atlantic Canada,: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s...nces-1.4235224 Lost my landline phone, no dial tone. No cable TV, and only partial Internet. I'm on fiber. I don't own a cell phone so right now we don't have any 911 service. Before I knew of the outage I called almost a dozen Bell...
  10. Office 365 hit by another outage as users complain of lack of access

in Windows 10 News
    Office 365 hit by another outage as users complain of lack of access: Office 365 hit by another outage as users complain of lack of access by Peter Gothard 22 Feb 2016 Microsoft has acknowledged that Office 365 is experiencing a European outage, the second time in three months that the system has been unavailable for a sustained period....