Windows 10: Goes out of sleep mode

Discus and support Goes out of sleep mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Dear forum Does any one else use the sleep mode function? When using mine, well then it works, also when starting it up again. My problem is that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wollabille, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Goes out of sleep mode

Dear forum

Does any one else use the sleep mode function? When using mine, well then it works, also when starting it up again.

My problem is that if i want to go to bed, and put sleep mode on, then it turns on by it self after a while. Yesterday evening it did it after aprox 30 mins. Dont know the exact time, since i was in my bed, but suddently my computer turned on.

And no my house is not haunted.. I already tried with EMF Goes out of sleep mode :p

:)

wollabille, Aug 2, 2015
  2. SABANAT Win User

Windows 10 Build 1703 update From bad to worse

After a few days, I found out an additional problem:

The Laptop does to go into sleep mode after as configured in the power options.

When I try to go into sleep mode manually, it goes into safe mode and right away goes out of it.

SABANAT, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Sleep mode and computer turns back on

With the latest update, sometimes when I put the computer to sleep, it goes into sleep mode but in very short time, just seconds, turns itself back on out of sleep mode

Gramps_509th, Aug 2, 2015
  4. Goes out of sleep mode

Here we go, control panel/power options then change plan settings of your power plan, then change advanced power settings.
    Copy these settings except the "sleep after"

Goes out of sleep mode [​IMG]

Then go control panel/ device manager . Right click network adapter/ properties . In power management untick " allow this device to wake computer"

Goes out of sleep mode [​IMG]

Torquemada, Aug 2, 2015
  5. mkdr Win User
    Open cmd.exe as admin and do the following:

powercfg -devicequery wake_armed

and

powercfg /waketimers

First shows devices like mice or keyboard registered allowed to wake the pc up, see post above to disable them, 2nd shows registered time events, if there are any you need to disable them (disallow them to activate pc out of standby), for example the windows maintain service.

Also if you have WOL activated you need to set extra option to "only via magic packets".

mkdr, Aug 2, 2015
  6. CyberTod Win User
    Thank you for that @mkdr. I did not think to check /waketimers because I have disabled Allow wake timers in Power options.
    That fixed it because I had a waketimer from Teamviewer.
    So I guess this is the bug Microsoft needs to fix - even though Allow wake timers are set to disabled in Power options they wake up the pc.

CyberTod, Aug 3, 2015
  7. Hey mine looks like this :
    C:\Windows\system32>powercfg -devicequery wake_armed
    HID Keyboard Device
    Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I218-V
    HID-compliant mouse
    HID Keyboard Device (002)
    HID-compliant mouse (002)

C:\Windows\system32>powercfg /waketimers
    Timer set by [SERVICE] \Device\HarddiskVolume4\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\TeamViewer_Service.exe (TeamViewer) expires at 00:36:38 on 05-08-2015.
    Reason: generic

So its seems its also teamviewer for me.. How do i then disable this service? I mean without having to uninstall Teamviewer?

wollabille, Aug 4, 2015
  8. Goes out of sleep mode

wollabille, Aug 4, 2015
  9. CyberTod Win User
    It is the teamviewer service. If you disable it will be good.
    The bug is that this setting doesn't work. Even if the setting is wake timers disabled it still wakes up.
    To disable the service you can go to Services, find it and choose Startup type either Manual or Disabled.

CyberTod, Aug 4, 2015
  10. mkdr Win User
    Type in search "services" open it, browse to TeamViewer service, options, set it to disabled, and click the stop button. The annoying service is even running when you have TeamViewer set to not to start with windows, and dont want an auto remote. Also you should deactivate your lan/wifi card "Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I218-V" if you dont need wake on lan, see the pictures above. And if you dont need keyboard/mice wakeup deactivate them too... powercfg -devicequery wake_armed and waketimers should both report "none" then.

11. Well that's the thing I did.. I did stop the service and set it to manual.

Thing is that then Teamviewer doesn't start in the taskbar. Meaning if I startup my pc with a wake on lan I wont be able to remote it. Which I would like!

So is there a way to "kill" the service, with TV still starting up so I can remote my pc??

wollabille, Aug 4, 2015
  12. mkdr Win User
    No. Use a VNC instead.

13. astrix Win User

Goes out of sleep mode

I got this one for wake timers and I have it disabled in my power options.

C:\Windows\system32>powercfg /waketimers
    Timer set by [SERVICE] \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\svchost.exe (SystemEventsBroker) expires at 1:40:51 AM on 12/08/2015.
    Reason: Windows will execute 'NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Reboot' scheduled task that requested waking the computer.

When I look at event viewer to see what possibly woke it up as I wasn't present. The first thing since putting it to sleep was the following.

The system time has changed to ‎2015‎-‎08‎-‎11T10:40:40.500000000Z from ‎2015‎-‎08‎-‎11T07:54:15.544080200Z.

Change Reason: System time synchronized with the hardware clock.

Not sure if that is what woke it up but it's what is showing up.

Also below is what I have for devices able to wake it up.

C:\Windows\system32>powercfg -devicequery wake_armed
    Razer BlackWidow Ultimate (001)

astrix, Aug 10, 2015
  14. mkdr Win User
    Is your pc time not set correctly? wrong time zone? bios battery empty? didnt restart after windows update? rtc alarms set in bios?

15. astrix Win User
    I checked my clock in the bios and it was running, that was a old bug with Asus motherboard from applying saved bios settings.

If the battery was empty how could it know the time was wrong it was a sleep right?

astrix, Aug 10, 2015
Thema:

Goes out of sleep mode

1. Goes out of sleep mode - Similar Threads - Goes sleep mode

2. by giving shutdown command it goes to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    by giving shutdown command it goes to sleep mode: whenever I shutdown my PC, it doesn't sign out or close all running apps instead after on starting PC again it automatically opens all software. which means it goes to sleep instead of logging off and then shutting down. On 6 June 2023, I upgraded my windows 10 Laptop to...
  3. Laptop goes to sleep mode automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop goes to sleep mode automatically: Hi I have been facing a issue where my pc goes to sleep mode automatically all of a sudden when there is a power cut and inverter goes to battery. This happens even if I turned off the switch where my charging adapter is plugged in. I have already done hard reset of my laptop...
  4. Laptop goes to sleep mode automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop goes to sleep mode automatically: Hi I have been facing a issue where my pc goes to sleep mode automatically all of a sudden when there is a power cut and inverter goes to battery. This happens even if I turned off the switch where my charging adapter is plugged in. I have already done hard reset of my laptop...
  5. My PC goes on sleep mode occasionally

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC goes on sleep mode occasionally: My PC suddenly goes to sleep mode occasionally while I'm using it. I have set sleep mode as "never". I called a technician and he is saying it's a graphics card issue. I have reset my graphics card and it fixed the issue, just today it's happening again. Please help in using...
  6. My pc goes into sleep mode occasionally

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My pc goes into sleep mode occasionally: Hi this problem happens to me for some time.My pc suddenly goes into sleep mode while I am working or not.It happens occasionally.I have the power settings into go to sleep mode never from display settings. Nothing happens.Before I called a technician he said that the problem...
  7. Sculpt Key board goes into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sculpt Key board goes into sleep mode: I am using Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop Set from 2017 and did not face any issue till recently. Below are the issues that I face now:The mouse vertical scroll is not functioning anymoreI searched through similar issues and solutions here and tried out almost everything....
  8. THE SCREEN SAYS " LOCKING " and it goes into sleep mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    THE SCREEN SAYS " LOCKING " and it goes into sleep mode: 2 days ago i upgraded my windows 10 to build 1903 , since then , randomly and during any activity (gaming , watching a video ..etc) , screen with the word "locking" in the middle appears for half a second and my laptop goes into sleep mode and then i have to turn it on...
  9. monitor goes into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    monitor goes into sleep mode: If I'm starting up my PC from sleep mode, my monitor goes into sleep mode 5 - 10 seconds after it gets going. If I'm turning on my PC, this isn't an issue; it works fine. My graphics card is up to date. Help!...
  10. Windows 10 automatically goes in sleep mode!!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 automatically goes in sleep mode!!: Hello friends .. i am using windows 10 since last two weeks..since installation i am facing this issue .. my pc goes into sleep mode without any reason..suppose i am working on anything ..like i am watching you tube videos or anything..suddenly my screen changes to black and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gosh! wireless charger bowl error device descriptor request failed