Windows 10: Goes to sleep in 10 seconds after lock despite all settings otherwise

Discus and support Goes to sleep in 10 seconds after lock despite all settings otherwise in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, When I lock my computer, it goes to sleep almost immediately despite changing all settings otherwise. I have tried the following: Change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SSShadii, Aug 20, 2016.

1. SSShadii Win User

Goes to sleep in 10 seconds after lock despite all settings otherwise

Hello,

When I lock my computer, it goes to sleep almost immediately despite changing all settings otherwise. I have tried the following:

Change power settings to "never sleep"

Set screen saver to "none" and turn off the "wait until x minutes to turn off display" option

Hibernate is off in the registry

I've altered the registry to add the "Console lock display off" option and then set it to many many minutes as per (Power Options - Add )

I've altered the inactivity limit using gpedit.msc also as per the comments section of the above link

None of these work. I am running the Windows 10 Anniversary build. AMD motherboard with Raedon R7 graphics card.

Any ideas of anything else to try? I don't want to fully disable the sleep command.

Thanks!

:)

SSShadii, Aug 20, 2016
  2. Henry1388 Win User

Surface Pro 3/Windows 10 lock screen issue

My surface pro 3 on windows 10 goes to lock screen after 1 minute. I have all of the power settings set to sleep/shut down never on charge and it still goes to lock screen after 1 minute. This is so frustrating.

Henry1388, Aug 20, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Reboots After Updates Install

Despite selecting Notify to Schedule Restart, Windows 10 shuts down after installing updates. Similar problem to the Power Settings - where the computer goes to sleep despite being set to never sleep.

Anyone have a work around?

Goes to sleep in 10 seconds after lock despite all settings otherwise [​IMG]

BurkeGladding68, Aug 20, 2016
Thema:

Goes to sleep in 10 seconds after lock despite all settings otherwise

1. Goes to sleep in 10 seconds after lock despite all settings otherwise - Similar Threads - Goes sleep seconds

2. Computer display goes to sleep quickly despite sleep settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer display goes to sleep quickly despite sleep settings: I'm having trouble with my computer going to sleep too quickly. I currently have all the sleep settings set so the screen won't turn off or go to sleep for 2+ hours. Despite this, my computer screen goes to sleep after about 5 minutes of inactivity and seemingly disregards my...
  3. Computer display goes to sleep quickly despite sleep settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer display goes to sleep quickly despite sleep settings: I'm having trouble with my computer going to sleep too quickly. I currently have all the sleep settings set so the screen won't turn off or go to sleep for 2+ hours. Despite this, my computer screen goes to sleep after about 5 minutes of inactivity and seemingly disregards my...
  4. Windows Goes to Sleep in 1 to 2 Minutes Despite Settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Goes to Sleep in 1 to 2 Minutes Despite Settings: I have a Dell Latitude 9410 with Windows 10 Professional. For some reason my computer goes to sleep within 1 to 2 minutes despite my power and sleep settings set to 30 to 45 minutes. I've tried a number of suggestions from forums and sources including the items listed...
  5. Windows Goes to Sleep in 1 to 2 Minutes Despite Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Goes to Sleep in 1 to 2 Minutes Despite Settings: I have a Dell Latitude 9410 with Windows 10 Professional. For some reason my computer goes to sleep within 1 to 2 minutes despite my power and sleep settings set to 30 to 45 minutes. I've tried a number of suggestions from forums and sources including the items listed...
  6. Windows Goes to Sleep in 1 to 2 Minutes Despite Settings

7. Computer sleeps after 20 seconds, despite power plan settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer sleeps after 20 seconds, despite power plan settings: I'm at my wits' end. I have a new Lenovo ThinkPad, which was updated to Windows 11 right out of the box.The power plan settings are all on a pretty standard configuration. It says it should be waiting around 10 minutes before sleeping. Instead, it sleeps after only 20 seconds...
  8. Computer sleeps after 20 seconds, despite power plan settings

Computer sleeps after 20 seconds, despite power plan settings: I'm at my wits' end. I have a new Lenovo ThinkPad, which was updated to Windows 11 right out of the box.The power plan settings are all on a pretty standard configuration. It says it should be waiting around 10 minutes before sleeping. Instead, it sleeps after only 20 seconds...
  9. At night my computer goes to sleep, despite me not having it set to sleep after anytime...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    At night my computer goes to sleep, despite me not having it set to sleep after anytime...: Recently my computer has been going to sleep by itself only at night despite me not setting it anywhere to do so. I always make sure to remember to disabler razer cortex, which when enabled puts the computer on its battery saving mode. I mainly disable it just so my monitor...
  10. Windows 10 laptop goes to sleep despite every possible setting

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 laptop goes to sleep despite every possible setting: We have two laptops running Windows 10 Pro version 1703. Both show the following problem: When the laptop lid is closed, the laptop goes to sleep or hibernation after a random time. I have tried every possible setting I can think of to prevent it, but it still happens....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 goes to sleep despite settings

2. screen going to sleep in 10 secondes