Windows 10: Goflex drives now showing in File Explorer but I don't know how

Discus and support Goflex drives now showing in File Explorer but I don't know how in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Like many with Seagate Goflex Home I was frustrated that Goflex had gone off File Explorer and files could not be dragged and droppped to and from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Wombats850, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Goflex drives now showing in File Explorer but I don't know how

Like many with Seagate Goflex Home I was frustrated that Goflex had gone off File Explorer and files could not be dragged and droppped to and from the external network drive.

In my trolling for answers the other night I came across a couple of possible explanations/solutions. Please forgive me but while fairly computer literate I am not a deep tech nerd so stuff flys over the top of my head but I can follow instructions without knowing why.

There was an explanation that Microsoft has turned off by default version 1 of some internet protocol due to security flaws and this was followed by removing Home Group. Someone posted the method to turn the version on again by unticking a box using Windows Power Shell(Admin) I followed it and hit Restart and nothing had changed. Then read something about accessing the Seagate drive with a direct USB cable but needed the Paragon Drive softeware from Seagate. I downloed and tried that - No joy there.

I gave up and turned the computer off completely (as opposed to Sleep) and went to bed. Next morning I fired it up and low and behold all X,Y & Z Goflex drives are displayed in the File Explorer tree and fully accessable as before!

Now I wish to apply this fix to my wife's compuer but I can't remember or find what I did. Does anyone know what I am talking about and tell me the Protocol that is involved and how to access it again?

:)

Wombats850, Oct 15, 2018
  2. mtglife Win User

missing backup files on Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex after Windows 10 upgrade

I have a few backups on a small GoFlex external drive that are not being recognized since upgrading my laptop system to Windows 10. I can see them when I open up the drive but the 'Seagate Dashboard' does not include them in the restorable file listing.
    I know they are still on the drive but cannot access them for restore. Any suggestions, the forums have been no help.

mtglife, Oct 15, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    Seagate Introduces GoFlex For Mac External Drives

Addressing the personal preferences of the Mac community, Seagate today introduced a new collection of GoFlex for Mac external drives designed to make it easy for those who use Mac OS X and Time Machine to backup, shuttle, or share their digital content.

These new portable and desktop solutions are HFS+ formatted out-of-the-box, making them fully compatible with Apple Time Machine backup software, while maintaining the ability to work across both Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X computers. A truly unique feature, GoFlex for Mac drives can also be used with computers running Windows by simply downloading an HFS+ driver for Windows from Seagate.com , which will provide full read-write access to the drive from a Windows computer.

Goflex drives now showing in File Explorer but I don't know how 25a_thm.jpg

Each GoFlex for Mac product comes bundled with FireWire 800 and USB 2.0 adapters and cables—the most popular interfaces for Apple computers—but also delivers the flexibility to change the drive’s interface to USB 3.0 or powered eSATA for use with Windows computers. The GoFlex interface cables help deliver the speed, performance and connectivity people need, as well as to help safe guard their investments against changing technology. To deliver a fresh look that fits seamlessly with today’s Apple product line, each 2.5-inch, ultra-portable drive in the family features a durable, soft-touch, metallic finish, which is also designed to withstand scratches, fingerprints or other marks incurred from travel.

The new line-up of GoFlex for Mac external drives include:
    • GoFlex for Mac ultra-portable drive — This 2.5-inch portable drive is now designed specifically for use with Apple’s Time Machine right out-of-the-box, easily go back in time to access changes or file updates were before they were made. MSRP $199.99 for 1TB, and $249.99 for 1.5TB.
    • GoFlex for Mac Limited Edition ultra-portable drive —The GoFlex for Mac Limited Edition ultra-portable drive packs 1TB of storage into the standardized 2.5-inch form factor, making it the slimmest high-cap drive available on the market today. With a depth of 12.5mm and shorter in length than an iPhone , the GoFlex TM for Mac Limited Edition is perfect for use with GoFlex TV or GoFlex Net. MSRP $199.95 for 1TB.
    • GoFlex Pro for Mac ultra portable —This 7200RPM, 2.5-inch drive delivers advanced performance for those professionals who place high demands on their storage, such as graphic artists, musicians, videographers or photographers. Using the included FireWire 800 cable to achieve transfer speeds up to three times faster than USB 2.0. MSRP $149.99 for 500GB; $179.99 for 750GB.
    • GoFlex Desk for Mac drive — This 3.5-inch high-capacity external drive includes a flexible design that can sit horizontally or vertically to fit your workspace. Back up files using Apple’s Time Machine. Optional software displays the drive’s real-time capacity with lights on the dock and includes other useful tools. MSRP $219.99 for 2TB; $279.99 for 3TB.
    In addition, each GoFlex for Mac drive can be used with other devices in the GoFlex Storage System such as the GoFlex Net media sharing device and the GoFlex TV HD media player. These solutions provide the flexibility to enjoy content on a TV or a mobile device, such as an iPad or smart phone. There is also an option to download additional software for use with all GoFlex for Mac drives that will provide helpful utilities such as a control to turn the activity lights off and a tool to verify that the drive is functioning properly. Each drive in the family also comes backed by a Seagate three-year warranty, helping to protect your investment and providing peace of mind.

“With over 10 billion songs downloaded from the iTunes store and Apple’s market share continuing to grow year-over-year, the growing audience for Mac OS X will need external storage to backup all their digital content,” said Darcy Clarkson, vice president of Global Retail Sales and Marketing for Seagate. “Today’s product introduction addresses these current market trends and underscores Seagate’s commitment to delivering flexible, easy-to-use solutions that meet varying customer needs.”

btarunr, Oct 15, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

Goflex drives now showing in File Explorer but I don't know how

Seagate Introduces GoFlex Family of Storage Products

Seagate, the worldwide leader in hard drives and storage solutions, today introduced the next evolution of the company’s award-winning FreeAgent external hard drives—its new GoFlex storage solutions. This new family of external drives and accessories introduces a new level of flexibility to traditional USB 2.0 storage that will change the way people store, access, enjoy and share their digital content. The FreeAgent GoFlex storage family includes easy, plug-and-play portable and desktop drives, with an array of interchangeable cables and desktop adapters that allow each drive to adapt to the interface or device being used. GoFlex hard disk drives are also specially designed to provide interoperability between operating systems in order to work with both Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X computers.

“GoFlex interface cables are about providing the speed, performance and connectivity people need to support their interaction with their digital content. The explosive growth of video capture and multimedia collecting is expanding personal digital libraries to terabytes worth of content within the home,” said Dave Mosley, executive vice president, Sales, Marketing and Product Line Management at Seagate. “These trends are driving demand for high-capacity, high-performance storage. The GoFlex family of storage products meets this need by delivering simple, USB 2.0 storage and backup devices, with the flexibility to adapt as interface technology advances by using the various GoFlex cables and accessories to access content stored on the same drive.”

Goflex drives now showing in File Explorer but I don't know how 22a_thm.jpg

Protect, store and access files through the interface of your choice
    Recent survey results by the Yankee Group indicate that more than half of people planning to purchase a new hard drive consider the interface connection an important factor in their selection. GoFlex drives address this concern by providing a flexible, plug-and-play way to adapt to the most popular available interfaces or devices. The seamless GoFlex cable system enables the GoFlex and GoFlex Pro ultra-portable USB 2.0 drives to be upgraded to USB 3.0, eSATA or FireWire 800 connections simply by switching out the cable adapter. Additionally, specially-designed GoFlex upgrade cables provide even more applications of how each drive can be used. For example, the GoFlex Upgrade cable – Auto Backup transforms the drive into a continuous full-system backup, giving consumers the peace of mind that their files and system settings are backed up, while leaving the remaining capacity for basic drag-and-drop file transfer.

“As consumer’s lives become increasingly connected, people will demand capabilities beyond the traditional hard drive,” said Carl Howe, director, Anywhere Consumer Research, Yankee Group. “Consumers are looking not only for storage, but for new ways to use their digital content. Connecting, sharing, and repurposing content is part of the purchasing decision process for today’s ‘Anywhere Consumer’.”

Do More with the GoFlex Storage System
    Within the GoFlex family, Seagate has created a special ecosystem wherein people experience easy backup and enhanced protection of all their data—the same way they would expect a traditional hard drive to perform—only now their interaction with that content is not wholly dependent on the drive. In addition to several cable options, people can pair a GoFlex or GoFlex Pro ultra-portable drive with a GoFlex TV HD media player or the GoFlex Net media sharing device to enhance their experience of the drive’s content.

Using the GoFlex TV HD media player consumers can easily enjoy their personal digital media library on their television screen by inserting a GoFlex ultra-portable drive or GoFlex Pro ultra-portable drive directly into the media dock, or connecting another storage device, digital or Flip camera to the two additional USB ports on the back of the device. Using the intuitive remote, owners of GoFlex TV HD media players can view movies, photos, and music from the comfort of their couch in 1080p high-definition and surround sound. Connect your GoFlex TV HD media player to the internet using the Ethernet or optional Wi-Fi adapter and stream digital content from a home network or popular online service providers such as Netflix, YouTube, MediaFly, Picasa and more.

The GoFlex Net media sharing device transforms a GoFlex ultra-portable drive, GoFlex Pro ultra-portable drive, or any USB mass storage, into a media sharing device, allowing consumers to enjoy their digital content outside their home using a PC, iPad, iPod Touch, Android, iPhone, BlackBerry or any other internet-connected computer. The GoFlex Net media sharing device also integrates with social media websites, such as Facebook and Twitter, and publishes RSS feeds allowing people to keep friends and family updated GoFlex media sharing device owners can Seagate Introduces New Era Of External Storage: A Flexible Hard Drive Solution With Multiple Interface And Content Sharing Options also stream content to other devices on a home network, including the GoFlex TV HD media player, to enjoy movies, photos and music on their TV.

Bridging the Gap between PC and Mac
    For the first time, Seagate will include an NTFS driver for Mac OS X on all GoFlex portable and desktop offerings, enabling storage and access of files from both Windows and Mac computers. The NTFS driver is simply installed once on your Mac computer, and allows access and storage of files on a Windows-formatted drive.

With capacities ranging from 320GB to 2TB, FreeAgent GoFlex ultra-portable and desktop drives group high-capacity, adaptability and ease-of-use with all the backup and protection people have come to expect from Seagate. Available immediately through Seagate.com and select online retailers, the GoFlex storage family includes:

GoFlex Drives:
    • GoFlex ultra portable drive—The core of the GoFlexTM Storage System. Available in 14.5mm and 22mm versions and includes a USB 2.0 cable. MSRP $99.99 for 320GB [silver, black]; $129.99 for 500GB (silver, black, red, blue); $169.99 for 750GB [silver and black]; $199.99 for 1TB [silver, black].
    • GoFlex ultra portable drive, drive-only version—MSRP $89.99 for 320GB [silver, black]; $119.99 for 500GB [silver, black, red, blue]; $159.99 for 750GB [silver and black]; $189.99 for 1TB [silver, black].
    • GoFlex Pro ultra portable drive kit—A 7200RPM, 2.5” drive that delivers premium backup with encryption and includes a USB 2.0 cable. MSRP $139.99 for 500GB; $189.99 for 750GB [black].
    • GoFlex Pro ultra portable drive, drive-only version—MSRP $129.99 for 500GB; $179.99 for 750GB [black].
    • GoFlex Desk external drive kit—Delivers high-capacity storage and automatic, continuous backup with encryption for all your files and includes a USB 2.0 cable. MSRP $129.99 for 1TB [black]; $199.99 for 2TB [black].
    • GoFlex Desk external drive, drive-only version—MSRP $119.99 for 1TB [black]; $189.99 for 2TB [black].
    GoFlex Cables and Adapters:
    • GoFlex Cable – USB 2.0—The baseline interface for your GoFlex and GoFlex Pro ultra-portable drives. MSRP $19.99.
    • GoFlex Upgrade cable – USB 3.0—Equips your GoFlex and GoFlex Pro ultra-portable drives to deliver up to 10x faster transfer of files vs USB 2.0, while being backwards compatible. MSRP $29.99.
    • GoFlex Upgrade cable kit – USB 3.0—Includes ExpressCard adapter to update a laptop and GoFlex ultra-portable drives from USB 2.0 to USB 3.0 and deliver up to 10x faster transfer of files than USB 2.0, MSRP $79.99.
    • GoFlex Upgrade cable – FireWire 800—Upgrades your GoFlex and GoFlex Pro ultra-portable drives to deliver 2x faster transfer speed over USB 2.0. MSRP $39.99.
    • GoFlex Upgrade cable kit – eSATA—Empowers your GoFlex and GoFlex Pro ultra-portable drives to deliver up to 6x faster performance over USB 2.0. MSRP $19.99.
    • GoFlex Upgrade cable – Auto Backup—Delivers continuous backup and protection of data giving consumers the peace of mind that their data is backed up, while leaving capacity for basic drag-and-drop file transfer. MSRP $29.99.
    • GoFlex Desk Desktop adapter—USB 3.0—Allows the GoFlex Desk to deliver up to 10x faster transfer speed over USB 2.0 for your desktop PC. MSRP $39.00.
    • GoFlex Desk Desktop adapter kit—USB 3.0—Includes PCI Express adapter to upgrade a desktop PC and GoFlex Desk external drive for USB 3.0 performance, MSRP $79.00.
    • GoFlex Desk Desktop adapter—FireWire 800/USB 2.0—Upgrades your GoFlex Desk external drive to deliver 2x faster performance over USB 2.0 with FireWire 800/USB 2.0 for your desktop PC. MSRP $49.99.
    GoFlex Storage System Devices:
    • GoFlex TV HD media player—Allows for enjoyment of digital content on a TV. MSRP $129.99 for media player only.
    • GoFlex Net media sharing device—Enables instant, easy access and sharing of content over a network. MSRP $99.99.
    • GoFlex Intelligent dock—Transforms the GoFlex ultra portable drive into the perfect desktop solution that delivers convenient file access and backup with an easy-to-view capacity gauge. MSRP $29.99.

btarunr, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

Goflex drives now showing in File Explorer but I don't know how

1. Goflex drives now showing in File Explorer but I don't know how - Similar Threads - Goflex drives showing

2. Files I know are on hard drive not showing up in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files I know are on hard drive not showing up in Windows Explorer: I'm trying to transfer my entire music library from an old laptop to an external hard drive but windows explorer only displays half of the files in my Music folder. But when I open iTunes or Media Player, all my music files are available for play. For example, I can play any...
  3. Files I know are on hard drive not showing up in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files I know are on hard drive not showing up in Windows Explorer: I'm trying to transfer my entire music library from an old laptop to an external hard drive but windows explorer only displays half of the files in my Music folder. But when I open iTunes or Media Player, all my music files are available for play. For example, I can play any...
  4. i don't know how this happened but i accidently created a partition of my c drive but now...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i don't know how this happened but i accidently created a partition of my c drive but now...: i don't know how this happened but i accidently created a partition of my c drive but now how can i merge them please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-know-how-this-happened-but-i-accidently/9444bc62-b94b-4346-a164-aab13b093487
  5. i don't know how this happened but i accidently created a partition of my c drive but now...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i don't know how this happened but i accidently created a partition of my c drive but now...: i don't know how this happened but i accidently created a partition of my c drive but now how can i merge them please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-know-how-this-happened-but-i-accidently/9444bc62-b94b-4346-a164-aab13b093487
  6. File Explorer not showing drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File Explorer not showing drives: Hi all. A weird one I've never seen before. One of my customers has a plain desktop with current Windows 10. When he opens "File Explorer", NO drives show beneath the "Devices and drives. Not C:\ hard drive, DVD/CD drive, or an additional external drive (F:\) that's connected...
  7. A couple folders in file explorer think they are a Contacts folder and I don't know how to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A couple folders in file explorer think they are a Contacts folder and I don't know how to...: Hi, so this is kind of awkward to explain but I'll try my best. A couple of my folders seem think they are a Contacts folder, I don't know how this happened but it's mildly annoying. Here is a normal folder and here is a broken one. You can see the "file, home, share, view"...
  8. Mapped drives don't show in Explorer until Explorer restarted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapped drives don't show in Explorer until Explorer restarted: Hi there, I've been experiencing a strange issue lately for multiple users. First, our drives are mapped via GPO. All drives map settings in the policy are consistent for all drives. A mapped network drive is not visible at all in Explorer. Other drives are visible...
  9. File explorer not showing a drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer not showing a drive.: Why does file explorer not show a thumb drive? It appears in Device Manager with an assigned drive letter. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-not-showing-a-drive/5ffda71c-faac-498d-bc10-cc812a24ccd7"
  10. 'Save As' files don't show up on File Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    'Save As' files don't show up on File Explorer: About a month ago, I couldn’t get either the Edge browser or the Windows ‘dashboard’ to come up. I thought the problem must be with Microsoft (Chrome still worked), so I called their tech hotline to get some help. The guy did solve my problems, but I noticed when I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant see goflex drives on network

2. file://goflex_home/

3. cant see goflex in windows explorer

4. goflex is not showing in windows explorer,
  5. goflex not showing under network,
  6. how to see goflex home drive on computer windows explorer,
  7. goflex home windows 10 support,
  8. how to open seagate goflex home in windows explorer,
  9. goflex seagate bad file,
  10. goflex home not showing correctly on network,
  11. how to access goflex home via windows explorer,