Windows 10: GoFlex Home NAS Drive disappears with Win 10 1803 Update

Discus and support GoFlex Home NAS Drive disappears with Win 10 1803 Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Why, when I updated to Win 10 1803 did my GoFlex Home NAS disappear? I can still use it as a media server, but I cannot use it as a network drive on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Pedalrat16, Oct 27, 2018.

1. GoFlex Home NAS Drive disappears with Win 10 1803 Update

Why, when I updated to Win 10 1803 did my GoFlex Home NAS disappear? I can still use it as a media server, but I cannot use it as a network drive on my laptop. I had to downgrade the update to regain access to the drive. Is there a fix or workaround for this? I assume it has to do with Microsoft removing Homegroup. How can I regain access to this device? Every other thread I've looked at with a similar question has been locked with no answer posted.

:)

Pedalrat16, Oct 27, 2018
  2. Gino Des Win User

Windows 10 & NAS Box

Hi Peter,

A few possible reasons can cause this issue. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• How is your NAS box connected to your computer? (Ethernet, Wi-Fi, or USB)
    • Are you using a program provided by the manufacturer of your NAS box to access it?
    • Do you receive any error messages when accessing your NAS box? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the solution provided by omiklik (Most Helpful Reply)
    in the following thread: Unable to see NAS drive on Network - Win 10 PC.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Oct 27, 2018
  3. Ggoflex drive problem

I have a Goflex Home NAS drive but it is invisible now I've upgraded to Windows 10.

Any suggestions please?

GrahamAJPercival, Oct 27, 2018
  4. Mike_1369 Win User

GoFlex Home NAS Drive disappears with Win 10 1803 Update

Can't access NAS drive after Windows 10 build 1803 installed

Hello,

After the 1803 Update that turned off SMBv1, I can no longer access the NAS drive on one system. Other computers (Windows 10) and devices (phones and tablets) can access the NAS drive.

I have done the following:

Network Profile is set to Private.

I altered these services to Automatic (Delayed Start)

- Function Discovery Provider Host

- Function Discovery Resourse Publication

- SSDP Discovery

- UPnP Device Host

Now, when I click on Network in Explorer, I can actually see my computer and the shared folders, but still can't see the NAS drive. Every oher Win 10 computer can see it. Including, a Win 10 VM I set up on the computer that CAN'T see the NAS drive. So, there
    is something set on this computer that is preventing it from seeing this drive. I would rather get some suggestions of what might need to be changed, than Resetting the OS and start over. I have done a Network Reset for both the Ethernet adapter and the WiFi
    adapter. No such luck.

Thank you,

Mike

Mike_1369, Oct 27, 2018
Thema:

GoFlex Home NAS Drive disappears with Win 10 1803 Update

1. GoFlex Home NAS Drive disappears with Win 10 1803 Update - Similar Threads - GoFlex Home NAS

2. Win 10 1803 will not update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 1803 will not update: I have a win 10 installation that is version 1803I have tried for the last few weeks to update and it always fails I have followed advice on these forums and others with regards to ISO/MEDIA creation etc etc and it simply will not update. I do not want to clean install as I...
  3. GOFLEX home personal NAS not acessible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    GOFLEX home personal NAS not acessible: Hi community, I have a frustrating issue in that I have a GOFLEX HOME personal NAS that was working fine until yesterday when I had to upgrade computer and reinstall windows. Since then I have been unable to access, however the UPNP device is showing in explorer window -...
  4. Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Home Detect Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Home Detect Windows 10: To get the FreeAgent GoFlex Home NAS to work under Windows 10, try the following: In Control Panel, Network and Sharing Center, Change Advanced Sharing Settings, check Turn on Network Discovery and Turn on File and Printer Sharing (not sure if the latter is necessary)....
  5. Win 10 Home 1803 End of Support

Win 10 Home 1803 End of Support: Have been trying to update to 1903 for days, not working. Troubleshooter tells me there is maybe an error in the Update Database. So how do I force the update? Thanks...
  6. win 10 home activation gone after 1803 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win 10 home activation gone after 1803 update: Hi my new acer swift 3 laptop came with pre installed windows 10 home....it was v1703 at first so I updated it to 1709 and then to 1803 through windows update.....till 1709 windows showed it was activated but after updating to1803 it says its not activated and the water mark...
  7. Seagate goflex home not available after last update of windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Seagate goflex home not available after last update of windows 10: I know this question has been answered before for other versions or updates of windows, but now on 2019 my seagate dashboard stops working after a windows update, but not just the dashboard but the entire partitions of my disk are gone from windows (they used to appear as a...
  8. Optical Drive Not Recognized FIX NEEDED on Win 10 Home, Updated to v.1803

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Optical Drive Not Recognized FIX NEEDED on Win 10 Home, Updated to v.1803: Please provide details to fix optical drive, not recognized (unable to play CD's, DVD's, burn). Brand new External Optical Drive = LG SP80NB80 Win10 compatible. Laptop = ACER Nitro Intel Core i5-8300. FIX is needed. Thanks....
  9. Seagate Dashboard for GoFlex on Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seagate Dashboard for GoFlex on Win 10: This used to work until the latest update to Win 10 in August 2018. I re-installed as Admin, then tried to change Compatibility Win XP 3. It doesn't work anymore with Compatibility Win 7 or 8. Running as Admin doesn't work either. It just stops when it tries to locate...
  10. WIN 10 1803 Update

WIN 10 1803 Update: Keeps downloading, installing, reinstating, resetting to previous state. Error 0x8007042B-0x4000D "The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA OPERATION". The above error occurred after my last attempt to update from the 1709 update...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 unable to detect goflex home

2. go flex home network drive disappears

3. goflex home win10

4. goflex home only appears as media device,
  5. goflex home,
  6. goflex home login,
  7. go flex home drive disappearing from network,
  8. nas://goflex_home/,
  9. goflex home windows 10,
  10. goflex home e fritzbox,
  11. upgrade seagate goflex home NAS,