Windows 10: GOFLEX home personal NAS not acessible

Discus and support GOFLEX home personal NAS not acessible in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi community, I have a frustrating issue in that I have a GOFLEX HOME personal NAS that was working fine until yesterday when I had to upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Giscal, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Giscal Win User

GOFLEX home personal NAS not acessible

Hi community,

I have a frustrating issue in that I have a GOFLEX HOME personal NAS that was working fine until yesterday when I had to upgrade computer and reinstall windows. Since then I have been unable to access, however the UPNP device is showing in explorer window - see attached photo. If I click on the device it tries to open in a browser window but fails.

I can access the drive and files using a Macbook pro via wifi and through a windows 10 PC that was setup with windows 10 months ago.

I have turned network discovery on and off, reset the computer, reset the router, reset the GOFLEX Home.

Does anyone have an solution for me ?

Cheers,

Tim

:)

Giscal, Mar 21, 2020

2. Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Home Detect Windows 10

To get the FreeAgent GoFlex Home NAS to work under Windows 10, try the following:

In Control Panel, Network and Sharing Center, Change Advanced Sharing Settings, check Turn on Network Discovery and Turn on File and Printer Sharing (not sure if the latter is necessary).

Install SMBV1 by going to Control Panel, Programs and Features, Turn Windows Features On and Off, then check the box that says SMB 1.0 Client. I do not know if this step is necessary, but it likely is, because GoFlex is said to use SMB 1. Disclaimer:
    Use of SMB 1 may have security issues, so you do this at your own risk. Google around for discussion of that topic. Reboot after the new protocol is installed.

Run Services desktop app or run Services through Control Panel, Administrative Tools. Set the services Function Discover Provider Host and Function Discovery Resource Publication to Automatic (delayed start). This should allow file explorer to discover
    network equipment that uses old protocols.

Seagate Desktop will not work under Windows 10 (will not detect NAS), or at least I couldn't get it to work, but Memeo Instant Backup will work on its own. Download the software from the next following link. During install prompts, select Memeo Instant
    Backup, not the premium version. There may be other places where more specific FreeAgent software is available, because the Seagate Desktop from this link may be looking for USB drives and not the NAS. I was unable to get the NAS Desktop version from the
    original CD (or from downloads elsewhere) to detect the NAS under Windows 10, so I gave up. Also, recently Seagate Desktop detection of the NAS stopped working on my Windows 7 laptop, so certain updates may have deprecated it there as well. However, all
    we want is a version of Memeo provided by Seagate which does work under Windows 10, and you can get it as part of the package from the link.

GoFlex-Software | Seagate

In File Explorer right click on This PC, Map Network Drive. The name of the share is \\GOFLEX_HOME\GoFlex Home Backup . Put in the credentials (user and password) from when you first set up the GoFlex. If you don't know these, you'll have to reset the
    password. See information in the link below and also google around for how to do that.

https://www.seagate.com/docs/pdf/en-US/whitepaper/ug-goflex-home-us.pdf

I am not sure if it is necessary to map a network drive in order for Mimeo to detect the NAS, but in any case, it is handy to be able to access NAS files using file explorer on the mapped drive. Plus you will need a mapped drive if you want to use File
    History (see below).

If you then go to Start, Memeo, Memeo Instant Backup, the backup should detect the NAS and start.

You don't really need Seagate or Mimeo software on Windows 10. You can also use File History (under Control Panel) to do the backup if you can successfully map the NAS share to a network drive. File History may initially complain that no eligible drives
    exist, but if you click around to change the folder view, eventually you should be able to select the mapped network drive letter corresponding to GoFlex Home Backup. File History will accept this choice. Click Turn On in File History to start the backup.

Note that other shares on the NAS are GoFlex Home Personal and GoFlex Home Public. I think at one point I was able to see the shares using file explorer without mapping, but I couldn't reproduce that result. Mapping drives to those shares will allow access
    if you can't see them using other methods.

Good luck. Everything you try is at your own risk. I am not responsible for errors, omissions, unnecessary steps, or consequences.

leojbourne, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Problems Acessing Router!

yet another problem with my network..:shadedshu

ok this time..i cant acess my router (u know..the 192.168.1.1)

does anyone have any suggestions on what i should/can do?

LiLvi3tbOi69, Mar 21, 2020
  4. lbeck Win User

Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex - replace or repair

Thanks. Great help.
    I have removed the HDD from the Seagate enclosure and it appears to be mechanically okay. Now I've reached the limits of my understanding of how to initialize the disk. I get the messages shown in the screenshots.

1. This was a 2 TB HDD in the Seagate enclosure when it was operational, but Disk Management shows capacity as 458 MB. (Disk 7)
    2. I don't know enough about MBR/GPT/GUID to proceed with initializing the disk. I have an old version of Acronis (2012) and have used Minitool Partition Manager Free in the past. Can these or any other free software help?
    3. If I choose to initialize using MBR I get the message that the drive is not ready
      GOFLEX home personal NAS not acessible [​IMG]

Any advice on how to get the HDD reformatted and ready for use?

lbeck, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

1. GOFLEX home personal NAS not acessible - Similar Threads - GOFLEX home personal

2. windows 11 home not access nas

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 home not access nas: windows 11 home not accessing nas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-home-not-access-nas/7a43b340-5352-4d5e-9010-314dd8c897c3
  3. Q: Home network device Acess Problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Q: Home network device Acess Problems: Recently replaced old ASUS router for faster speed and more coverage on a home network, by installing New Asus mesh network routers RT-AX55 - AX1800 Dual Band and RT-AX58U - AX3000 Dual Band on Windows 10 Home and Pro network - with D-Link 16-Port Gigabit Switch DGS-1016A, HP...
  4. Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Home Detect Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Home Detect Windows 10: To get the FreeAgent GoFlex Home NAS to work under Windows 10, try the following: In Control Panel, Network and Sharing Center, Change Advanced Sharing Settings, check Turn on Network Discovery and Turn on File and Printer Sharing (not sure if the latter is necessary)....
  5. acess

in Windows 10 Customization
    acess: I cant open the acess control to issue cards https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acess/fdeee0ae-7eb5-4212-ac70-88f520bb9c03
  6. acess

acess: why don't i have full and untethered access to every single file on my computer. if im admin why do i need permission. it is mine. i own this machine. i give it commands. it should never tell me no. that's not why its built. i cant tell you how irritating it is when a machine...
  7. Seagate goflex home not available after last update of windows 10

Seagate goflex home not available after last update of windows 10: I know this question has been answered before for other versions or updates of windows, but now on 2019 my seagate dashboard stops working after a windows update, but not just the dashboard but the entire partitions of my disk are gone from windows (they used to appear as a...
  8. GoFlex Home NAS Drive disappears with Win 10 1803 Update

GoFlex Home NAS Drive disappears with Win 10 1803 Update: Why, when I updated to Win 10 1803 did my GoFlex Home NAS disappear? I can still use it as a media server, but I cannot use it as a network drive on my laptop. I had to downgrade the update to regain access to the drive. Is there a fix or workaround for this? I assume it has...
  9. GoFlex external

GoFlex external: I just downloaded the Windows 10 update and now it says Dashboard is not supported. I can not find my Seagate GoFlex external 3T drive. It's a wireless connection and I've looked everywhere to see if I can see it on my network and in wireless but it's gone. Any help on...
  10. Can I switch off SMBv1 with Seagate GoFlex Home?

Can I switch off SMBv1 with Seagate GoFlex Home?: Following on from the discussion below in the Ransomware thread, I've been trying to turn off SMB1 in Windows (given it's been highlighted as an security risk) but still retain access to my Seagate Goflex Home, which is an old NAS device. However I've not had any luck with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. goflex on windows 10

2. remove drive from goflex home nas

3. access goflex home files directly

4. goflex home not showing on network,
  5. goflex home installer for windows 10,
  6. //goflex_home,
  7. map goflex home windows 10,
  8. goflex home windows 10