Windows 10: Going back and forth between single monitor and multiple resetting app distribution between...

Discus and support Going back and forth between single monitor and multiple resetting app distribution between... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For my work I have a laptop that I sometimes use alone, sometimes sit in a dock to use multiple monitors which are much bigger than my laptop. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by justsomeyahoo, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Going back and forth between single monitor and multiple resetting app distribution between...

For my work I have a laptop that I sometimes use alone, sometimes sit in a dock to use multiple monitors which are much bigger than my laptop. When I undock, all the open apps are condensed back to the single monitor screen on the laptop. Completely understandable. The problem is when I dock again, I have to reorganize my apps across multiple monitors every single time; time consuming and annoying.

I tried using the multiple desktop feature Windows 10 has on the laptop which has made working on a single screen a lot better. But it doesn't look like it shares those desktops across the 2 other monitors when docked as I had hoped. It just gives each monitor multiple desktops, none of which contains the already open apps in their original place across multiple monitors.

Is there a way to save which open apps appear on different monitors when it's docked? And have it so they always go back to the other extra monitors when I go back and forth between single and multiple monitors?

:)

justsomeyahoo, Feb 6, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Windows 10 dual monitor going back to single monitor display

HI,

To isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• When you tried to turn it back to single monitor, were there any changes made before?

• Have you checked if the drivers are up-to-date?

• What changes did you make in the Display Settings?

• Aside from what you have mentioned, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 6, 2020
  3. distribution lists

What are the Third Party Apps you would suggest? Would they work with Outlook App on an Android?

I'm looking to set up distribution lists on my cell phone.

thinkingal, Feb 6, 2020
  4. Going back and forth between single monitor and multiple resetting app distribution between...

Windows move about on multiple monitor wake up

Hi Gareth,

The issue is most likely with the graphics driver. Whenever a single monitor from a multiple display setup in Windows, it will attempt to move everything from that screen onto the remaining screens. Usually, this issue should not occur when suspending, hibernating,
    or shutting down. Having said that, we suggest that you update the graphics driver by following the steps on this link:

Update drivers in Windows 10

In case that the issue persists after following the steps on the link above, we suggest that you update the graphics driver by going to the chipset manufacturer's website.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

Going back and forth between single monitor and multiple resetting app distribution between...

1. Going back and forth between single monitor and multiple resetting app distribution between... - Similar Threads - Going forth between

2. my power plan keeps switching back and forth between high performance and balanced

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my power plan keeps switching back and forth between high performance and balanced: so this isnt the first time this has happened but in the past it was down to MSI centre and its 'user scenario' setting , however recently this problem has started happening again with my cpu usage staying at 100% most of the time while only opening task manager. i currently...
  3. my power plan keeps switching back and forth between high performance and balanced

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my power plan keeps switching back and forth between high performance and balanced: so this isnt the first time this has happened but in the past it was down to MSI centre and its 'user scenario' setting , however recently this problem has started happening again with my cpu usage staying at 100% most of the time while only opening task manager. i currently...
  4. How to change between different apps in the Taskbar with a single click when multiple files...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change between different apps in the Taskbar with a single click when multiple files...: Hello, I've recently upgraded to a new computer with Windows 11 and there is something that is admittedly rather trivial, but that I am finding quite frustrating and inefficient. I often have multiple documents open in multiple apps eg Word, Excel, Adobe reader etc. Every...
  5. Switching between single and dual monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching between single and dual monitors: I have a dual monitor setup but often only need a single monitor. Windows does not recognize if the second monitor is off and will attempt to open apps and windows in the non existent second monitor forcing me to switch it on. Is this the default behavior and is there any way...
  6. Windows snapping between multiple monitors.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows snapping between multiple monitors.: I have read multiple threads about this issue and it looks like Microsoft could not care less about Windows 10 users. These said threads are as old as 2015 and the issue is still not fixed. Long story short, I am using Windows Areo Snapping feature but when I want to move...
  7. Switching back and forth between Android tab and Windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Switching back and forth between Android tab and Windows 10 laptop: I recently got a wireless GMYLE Universal Aluminum Ultra Slim Bluetooth Keyboard with Trackpad for All Windows Android PC Tablet Smartphone ....my phone and tablet don't seem to care about leaving and returning as all I have to do is switch the keyboard off and both Androids...
  8. gpu fans alternating between 18-958 rpms back and forth steadily

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    gpu fans alternating between 18-958 rpms back and forth steadily: This is what it does in the latest version of CPUID HWMonitor at idle the temps show to range between 30-34 degrees C. This is my MSI card with two fans listed in my equipment list. Thanks for all input! *Smile I installed Speedfan program and this is what it shows. 92690
  9. switching back and forth between bluetooth speakers without restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    switching back and forth between bluetooth speakers without restart: I just got a flip 4 bluetooth speaker and easily linked it to my desktop Windows 10 computer. To get it to play audio from my desktop, I had to go into the control panel and select the bluetooth speaker as the default audio device and then restart (as it did not "recognize"...
  10. Tweaking resistance to passing cursor between multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    Tweaking resistance to passing cursor between multiple monitors: When you have multiple monitors, there is resistance to passing the mouse cursor between them which is useful when you want to interact with the edge of one of the monitors but can also be inhibitory. Is it possible to tweak the resistance so that you don't need quite as much...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. justsomeyahoo