Windows 10: going back on 1709

Discus and support going back on 1709 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi , since the 1803 been in use , i've got problems : - screen fixed and PC frozen (must cut power and restart) - erratic close and restart (and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by alains, Sep 5, 2018.

1. alains Win User

going back on 1709

hi ,
    since the 1803 been in use , i've got problems :
    - screen fixed and PC frozen (must cut power and restart)
    - erratic close and restart (and sometimes doesnt complete start)
    - sometimes , on start , mouse not working (wireless on usb)
    i am thinking to go back to my previous version 1709 but the file windows.old is gone
    thanks a lot

:)

alains, Sep 5, 2018
  2. YOU
    You Win User

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • going back on 1709 [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

3. Robert Caw Win User
    Cannot install Windows 10 update 1709

Hi Margaret,

We want to know more about the issue you're having with updating your PC to 1709. Please provide answers to the questions below:

• Are you having any errors when you're trying to update your PC? If you do, kindly send a screenshot.
    • Have you tried the suggested trouble shooting steps provided by Andre Da Costa?
    • What are the steps have you done so far?

Your response will highly be appreciated.

Robert Caw, Sep 5, 2018
  4. hurricane51 Win User

going back on 1709

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

going back on 1709

1. going back on 1709 - Similar Threads - going 1709

2. Desktop audio going through microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop audio going through microphone: Greetings For some reason my PC started to send all my desktop sound through my microphone. I can see the volume levels under recording devices being fairly low, but friends that I talk to on Discord tell the desktop sound goes through all clear. If I mute my microphone on...
  3. My screen keeps going black for a couple of seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My screen keeps going black for a couple of seconds: As in title - every few minutes the screen goes black for a second or two regardless of whether I'm on the Internet or not - very annoying!...
  4. Surface Go failing windows update and having errors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Go failing windows update and having errors: I just bought my dad a new SPG and it is failing on KB4464218 repeatedly even why I try to manually install from the update catalog. Error is 0x8007025d. I tried the update troubleshooter which did nothing to help. from admin command prompt I tried to run SFC /scannow and...
  5. Hill Climb Racing 2 is showing go to store option, but it is aldready updated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hill Climb Racing 2 is showing go to store option, but it is aldready updated: [ATTACH] And The game is just installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/hill-climb-racing-2-is-showing-go-to-store-option/ff0db2bc-f0d0-4f65-884b-d6f3620465c2
  6. Window 10 Mail no longer launch, When going to the mail account setting, there is one...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window 10 Mail no longer launch, When going to the mail account setting, there is one...: Hi, I can no longer launch Window 10 Mail app : If I launch it i'll see the blue mail background with the enveloppe icon in the middle then it disappears ( probably a crash). If I look into my mail accounts there is one from gmail that I can "manage", and one from...
  7. Using Google Chrome makes my disk go up to 50% usage.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Using Google Chrome makes my disk go up to 50% usage.: This is annoying because it makes surfing and watching youtube completely impossible. It freezes my whole computer. And i have an awful feeling win 10 is doing something. Cause when i look into performance monitor the first 2 things that are using the most of my disk are...
  8. Laptop shuts down after going to sleep periodically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down after going to sleep periodically: It seems just as of late, I'm enjoying my computer being shut down after it goes to sleep. This only happens once in a bit. It does not appear to be heating up whatsoever and all else seems to be working flawlessly. The machine is four years old but never moved off my desk....
  9. I cannot get my computer to go into boot mode and nothing works

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot get my computer to go into boot mode and nothing works: My computer will not go into any mode. I tried to access the BIOS and cannot get to them. I tried to insert my recovery disks and nothing happens.Help...
  10. WinDefender Windows 1709 go away FOREVER

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WinDefender Windows 1709 go away FOREVER: my tip to Shutdown WinDefender forever is use GPEDIT.MSC and filter by DEFENDER and DISABLE all references its ready! WinDefender go away my Windows Now I can install any Antivirus and uninstall it and WinDefender always in shutdown. Use Administrator use to...