Windows 10: going back on 1709

Discus and support going back on 1709 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi , since the 1803 been in use , i've got problems : - screen fixed and PC frozen (must cut power and restart) - erratic close and restart (and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by alains, Sep 5, 2018.

1. alains Win User

going back on 1709

hi ,
    since the 1803 been in use , i've got problems :
    - screen fixed and PC frozen (must cut power and restart)
    - erratic close and restart (and sometimes doesnt complete start)
    - sometimes , on start , mouse not working (wireless on usb)
    i am thinking to go back to my previous version 1709 but the file windows.old is gone
    thanks a lot

:)

alains, Sep 5, 2018
  2. YOU
    You Win User

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • going back on 1709 [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

3. Cannot install Windows 10 update 1709

Hi Margaret,

We want to know more about the issue you're having with updating your PC to 1709. Please provide answers to the questions below:

• Are you having any errors when you're trying to update your PC? If you do, kindly send a screenshot.
    • Have you tried the suggested trouble shooting steps provided by Andre Da Costa?
    • What are the steps have you done so far?

Your response will highly be appreciated.

Robert Caw, Sep 5, 2018
  4. going back on 1709

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

going back on 1709

1. going back on 1709 - Similar Threads - going 1709

2. Fps drops for 10-20 seconds and then going back to normal and happening again after 2-4 mins

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps drops for 10-20 seconds and then going back to normal and happening again after 2-4 mins: Hello i have a Hp pavillion gaming laptop which has amd ryzen 5600h3.30ghz, 8 gigs of ram7.34 usable for some reason and gtx 1650 in it. it was working fine for 3 years but suddenly 3-4 days ago it started getting fps drops in almost all games. i used to play csgo 2 at...
  3. Fps drops for 10-20 seconds and then going back to normal and happening again after 2-4 mins

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fps drops for 10-20 seconds and then going back to normal and happening again after 2-4 mins: Hello i have a Hp pavillion gaming laptop which has amd ryzen 5600h3.30ghz, 8 gigs of ram7.34 usable for some reason and gtx 1650 in it. it was working fine for 3 years but suddenly 3-4 days ago it started getting fps drops in almost all games. i used to play csgo 2 at...
  4. Fps drops for 10-20 seconds and then going back to normal and happening again after 2-4 mins

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. my computer wont show a sign in option after I tried to safe reboot or go into safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer wont show a sign in option after I tried to safe reboot or go into safe mode: my keyboard wont work, it wont show the time, I can only use the 3 things on the bottom and it lets me use my keyboard but never for anything useful such as any other type of reboot or recover backif it says there is no image please reply idkif you know of a fix or what this...
  6. my computer wont show a sign in option after I tried to safe reboot or go into safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer wont show a sign in option after I tried to safe reboot or go into safe mode: my keyboard wont work, it wont show the time, I can only use the 3 things on the bottom and it lets me use my keyboard but never for anything useful such as any other type of reboot or recover backif it says there is no image please reply idkif you know of a fix or what this...
  7. Going over 60 hz , gives me black horizontal lines, how to solve ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Going over 60 hz , gives me black horizontal lines, how to solve ?: I have screen supporting 60hz and 144hz , I am using Asus TUF, RTX 3050. But when i try to shift to 144hz , there are black horizontal lines, and bringing back to 60hz it looks all good. I this this is some software issue, if you could help me. And I saw the solution of...
  8. Best Way To Go From 1709 and 1803 To 1809 Without Screwing The Pooch

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Best Way To Go From 1709 and 1803 To 1809 Without Screwing The Pooch: I use brute force to block updates and I really, really like the way my 2 computers work at the moment. Whatever newfangled "upgrades" MS thinks that they have given the end user during the last couple or more years more than likely I have no use for but there comes a point...
  9. Is it possible to install windows 10 version 1709 - if so how do i go about doing it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to install windows 10 version 1709 - if so how do i go about doing it: I have had nothing but problems with my laptop since the 1803 windows updates, a power house of a machine has become a barely use-able piece of junk. DWM has massive GPU spikes doing anything... and yes all drivers and software are up to date, i have re-installed windows...
  10. WinDefender Windows 1709 go away FOREVER

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WinDefender Windows 1709 go away FOREVER: my tip to Shutdown WinDefender forever is use GPEDIT.MSC and filter by DEFENDER and DISABLE all references its ready! WinDefender go away my Windows Now I can install any Antivirus and uninstall it and WinDefender always in shutdown. Use Administrator use to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. using gpedit.msc to windows10 to go back to 1709