Windows 10: Going back to an older version of windows

Discus and support Going back to an older version of windows in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. I have an older version of windows 10. I like it because its stable and secure. My computer is trying to make me upgrade and I was wondering if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GamerconYoYT, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Going back to an older version of windows

Hello. I have an older version of windows 10. I like it because its stable and secure. My computer is trying to make me upgrade and I was wondering if their was a way to either make it so it doesn't say "restart and update". A school used to own the computers and they got windows 10 pro so I can delay the update for 35 days but I want to know what to do at the end of these 35 days. If anyone knows how I can do this please comment.

submitted by /u/GamerconYoYT
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GamerconYoYT, Apr 10, 2020

2. Swapping to an older version of windows

Is there still an official way to drop back to an older version of windows, I honestly don't mind using a 3rd party way. If possible, can you list step by step instructions or a link to an easy to use website. Thanks.

jordanrothstein, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Unable to install older NVIDIA Drivers on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Did you try installing the driver in compatibility mode? Mostly it’s a compatibility issue which many of our customers are facing with NVIDIA.

I would suggest you go through the suggestion by Andre Da Costa for information about the incompatible Graphics Card and check if it helps.

Graphics card not compatible with Windows 10?

If still the issue persists then I suggest you to go to manufacturer’s website install the graphic drivers for windows 10 and if it is not available then you can install it in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Going back to an older version of windows

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Going back to an older version of windows

1. Going back to an older version of windows - Similar Threads - Going older version

2. older versions of windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    older versions of windows: Hi, I have enjoyed using windows 10 and 11 but I loved Windows XP and Windows 7 and was wondering why some older windows cannot be serviced any updated to work on newer PCs I think it would give users more choice of windows....
  3. older versions of windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    older versions of windows: Hi, I have enjoyed using windows 10 and 11 but I loved Windows XP and Windows 7 and was wondering why some older windows cannot be serviced any updated to work on newer PCs I think it would give users more choice of windows....
  4. Older Windows Version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Older Windows Version: If having older windows version, can I be able to update genshin or install genshin impact while becomes vulnerable to security risk? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/older-windows-version/b4091c31-5366-4243-8aa6-53a5d776fe2b
  5. Older Windows Version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Older Windows Version: If having older windows version, can I be able to update genshin or install genshin impact while becomes vulnerable to security risk? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/older-windows-version/b4091c31-5366-4243-8aa6-53a5d776fe2b
  6. Go back to Windows.old version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Go back to Windows.old version: I tried reinstalling Windows 10 to solve a small issue I had, tho now all of my files and settings are in Windows.old and reinstalling Windows didn't fix the problem I had. How do I discard this windows and go back to the version in Windows.old?...
  7. Trying to go back to previous version of windows

Trying to go back to previous version of windows: So, I updated to the 9013 update last Thursday and when my PC first booted up, it was all wrong. So I contacted Microsoft support and some Indian guy took control of my PC, activated the Administrator account, and "fixed" the problem. Even though after I restarted it, it...
  8. go back to previous version

go back to previous version: hello! have a good day! i have an issue regarding windows 10, kindly need some assistance. currently i have upgraded windows 10 1803 to 1809 version. and i have also deleted windows.old folder from c drive. but i am facing some issues with 1809 version. is their any...
  9. Resting Windows will go back to previous version?

Resting Windows will go back to previous version?: I want to reset my PC. I am running Windows 10, but my PC came preinstalled with Windows 8.1. If I reset my PC, will it reset to Windows 8.1?...
  10. going back to a previous version of windows

going back to a previous version of windows: I'm thinking of going back to a previous version of windows right before the creators update (i think its the same as 1703). I don't like all the changes it caused, mainly not being able to rearrange my files the way i want to, that's a must have for me. Since i have never...