Windows 10: Going back to Home version of Windows, bad activation key

Discus and support Going back to Home version of Windows, bad activation key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello all, I tried activating a key for windows pro that did not work. I previously had windows home, which worked perfectly. I cannot seem to find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ÓscarPérez-Cytron, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Going back to Home version of Windows, bad activation key

Hello all,

I tried activating a key for windows pro that did not work. I previously had windows home, which worked perfectly. I cannot seem to find the home key anywhere in my account info though. In the activation settings, it says the following:

"We can't activate windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license or product key. If you think you do have a valid license key, select Troubleshoot below. Error code: 0XC004C003."

Troubleshoot does not fix the issue. I'd like to go back to my functioning previous version of windows that is, Windows Home. Is there any way to do this without resetting my PC and loosing all of my programs?

Thank you in advance

:)

ÓscarPérez-Cytron, Oct 6, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

activate windows 7 oem key

You cannot activate a retail version of Windows with an OEM key.
    The retail version should have it's own activation key.
    If you just borrowed the Win DVD from someone who is using the key, that won't work with your OEM (OA) key.

pwned by newtekie. lol My bad.
    It does work in Vista and 7, just not in XP.

Have you looked on the ASUS website to see if you can re-download the driver/diag disk, or at least everything you need to make one?

Kreij, Oct 7, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User

There is no difference between the OEM disc and the Retail disc with Windows 7. A retail disc will accept a OEM or Retail key, and vise versa.

If the OEM Key wasn't going to work with the disc you have, it would have stopped you during the install when it first asked you for the key, not during activation.

What is likely the problem is that, since the OEM version has already been activated once, it is failing activation again. Activate it over the phone using the option given to you on the failed activation screen, and you shouldn't have a problem activating it.

newtekie1, Oct 7, 2020
  4. Tartaros Win User

Going back to Home version of Windows, bad activation key

*Frown Going back to Home version of Windows, bad activation key :(

Not yet, that's the last thing I wanted to try. But seems I have to.

Tartaros, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

Going back to Home version of Windows, bad activation key

1. Going back to Home version of Windows, bad activation key - Similar Threads - Going Home version

2. How to go back to windows home screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to go back to windows home screen: I am stuck on the windows setup for windows 10 and I want to go back to windows homescreen but don't know how I have already tried going to repair your computer and did not find any option to go back to windows please help...
  3. How to go back to windows home screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to go back to windows home screen: I am stuck on the windows setup for windows 10 and I want to go back to windows homescreen but don't know how I have already tried going to repair your computer and did not find any option to go back to windows please help...
  4. Go back to Windows.old version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Go back to Windows.old version: I tried reinstalling Windows 10 to solve a small issue I had, tho now all of my files and settings are in Windows.old and reinstalling Windows didn't fix the problem I had. How do I discard this windows and go back to the version in Windows.old?...
  5. Going back to an older version of windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Going back to an older version of windows: Hello. I have an older version of windows 10. I like it because its stable and secure. My computer is trying to make me upgrade and I was wondering if their was a way to either make it so it doesn't say "restart and update". A school used to own the computers and they got...
  6. Trying to go back to previous version of windows

Trying to go back to previous version of windows: So, I updated to the 9013 update last Thursday and when my PC first booted up, it was all wrong. So I contacted Microsoft support and some Indian guy took control of my PC, activated the Administrator account, and "fixed" the problem. Even though after I restarted it, it...
  7. go back to previous version

go back to previous version: hello! have a good day! i have an issue regarding windows 10, kindly need some assistance. currently i have upgraded windows 10 1803 to 1809 version. and i have also deleted windows.old folder from c drive. but i am facing some issues with 1809 version. is their any...
  8. Go back to a previous Windows 10 activation key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Go back to a previous Windows 10 activation key: Hello, I recently find a key for Windows 10 Pro. I tried to activate it, but it was already in use. The issue is that I am now required to activate Windows. I can't find my previous key but I can clearly see my device on my Windows account. How can I go back to my...
  9. Resting Windows will go back to previous version?

Resting Windows will go back to previous version?: I want to reset my PC. I am running Windows 10, but my PC came preinstalled with Windows 8.1. If I reset my PC, will it reset to Windows 8.1?...
  10. going back to a previous version of windows

going back to a previous version of windows: I'm thinking of going back to a previous version of windows right before the creators update (i think its the same as 1703). I don't like all the changes it caused, mainly not being able to rearrange my files the way i want to, that's a must have for me. Since i have never...