Windows 10: Going Back to Windows Defender

Discus and support Going Back to Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Installed Trend Micro on a new Windows10 laptop. Now I would like to go back to just using Windows Defender and Malwarebytes. How do I turn off Trend,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by slong9, Aug 11, 2020.

1. slong9 Win User

Going Back to Windows Defender

Installed Trend Micro on a new Windows10 laptop. Now I would like to go back to just using Windows Defender and Malwarebytes. How do I turn off Trend, and properly activate Windows Defender?

:)

slong9, Aug 11, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows defender is not going to enable manually....

Hi,

Windows Defender Antivirus works help protect your device by scanning for malicious or unwanted software and uses real-time protection to scan everything you download or run on your device. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• What is the exact error message you received?
    • Are you able to use Windows Defender before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to turn on/off Windows Defender.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Going Back to Windows Defender

window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Going Back to Windows Defender

1. Going Back to Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Going Defender

2. What is going on with my Windows Defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is going on with my Windows Defender?: It showed the wrong title of the boxes, and it is preventing me from uploading a screen shot to the Community. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-going-on-with-my-windows-defender/dc8e755b-5310-49d5-b00a-de653cf527a7
  3. What is going on with my Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is going on with my Windows Defender?: It showed the wrong title of the boxes, and it is preventing me from uploading a screen shot to the Community. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-going-on-with-my-windows-defender/dc8e755b-5310-49d5-b00a-de653cf527a7
  4. What is going on with my Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. IT Adminisrator has limited access when I try to go into windows defender virsu and threat...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IT Adminisrator has limited access when I try to go into windows defender virsu and threat...: Know yes I know this problem has been solved to death and I want to get some stuff out of the way.1. This is a brand new laptop I just bought from Bestbuy I received it yesterday, the 30th of January2. I have no 3rd party antivirus installed3. I have tried doing the deleting...
  6. IT Adminisrator has limited access when I try to go into windows defender virsu and threat...

IT Adminisrator has limited access when I try to go into windows defender virsu and threat...: Know yes I know this problem has been solved to death and I want to get some stuff out of the way.1. This is a brand new laptop I just bought from Bestbuy I received it yesterday, the 30th of January2. I have no 3rd party antivirus installed3. I have tried doing the deleting...
  7. Defender virus alert won't go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender virus alert won't go away: Here's the scenario.I am doing a massive clean-out of the attic and found a bunch of old MS-DOS games on floppy disks.I wanted to see if they still worked, so connected a USB floppy drive to my Windows 11 PC.One of them seems to have been infected with a virus at some point,...
  8. Defender virus alert won't go away

Defender virus alert won't go away: Here's the scenario.I am doing a massive clean-out of the attic and found a bunch of old MS-DOS games on floppy disks.I wanted to see if they still worked, so connected a USB floppy drive to my Windows 11 PC.One of them seems to have been infected with a virus at some point,...
  9. Phone number on Windows defender don't go through.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone number on Windows defender don't go through.: The phone number for defender does not go through. Says to check number and try again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-number-on-windows-defender-dont-go-through/4a1139c7-95a3-48e8-9885-f2e15c2a7a3f
  10. Phone number on Windows defender don't go through.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Phone number on Windows defender don't go through.: The phone number for defender does not go through. Says to check number and try again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-number-on-windows-defender-dont-go-through/4a1139c7-95a3-48e8-9885-f2e15c2a7a3f