Windows 10: Going back W10 Settings causing flicker to shortcuts/bottom bar icons.(Visual glitch)

Discus and support Going back W10 Settings causing flicker to shortcuts/bottom bar icons.(Visual glitch) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9eVzshNCNo&feature=youtu.be From what I can tell this visual glitch only seems to effect the bottom bar icons and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/wiseude, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Going back W10 Settings causing flicker to shortcuts/bottom bar icons.(Visual glitch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9eVzshNCNo&feature=youtu.be

From what I can tell this visual glitch only seems to effect the bottom bar icons and shortcuts I have on my desktop.

Currently on a 3080 (driver 457.51)

w10 version 20H2 OS build:19042.804. I think it's a recent issue tbh because I've noticed it on 1909 (Clean installed to 20h2 late last month)

Also tried DDUclean re-install my gpu driver and the issue happened without a gpu driver so its inherently a w10 issue.This some sort of visual glitch?

submitted by /u/wiseude
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/wiseude, Feb 22, 2021

2. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Desktop Shortcut Icons

I tried using Edge that comes with the computer and I can see the logo you are talking about. When I try to drag it to the desktop you can see that I have it but as soon as I drop it the window opens rather than putting the shortcut icon on the desktop.

mik-dav 1500, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Going back W10 Settings causing flicker to shortcuts/bottom bar icons.(Visual glitch)

Is there any way to get the original icons to display again after the shortcuts are moved into a folder?

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

Please be informed, the view of files, folders, shortcuts etc. will be set to small icons by default, due to which you will not be able to see the shortcut's icon.

I suggest you to follow these steps:

• Click on View
      menu in the menu bar.

• Select either of these options
      medium, large or extra-large icons and you will be able to see the icon of the shortcut.

In future, if you have any issues related to Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

Going back W10 Settings causing flicker to shortcuts/bottom bar icons.(Visual glitch)

1. Going back W10 Settings causing flicker to shortcuts/bottom bar icons.(Visual glitch) - Similar Threads - Going W10 Settings

2. Weird shortcut glitch with edge icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird shortcut glitch with edge icons: There's a strange shortcut glitch. This is the first time I got it. Basically all shortcut icons got swapped for "edge browser" icons. What should I do? How do I get rid of them?...
  3. Task bar icons glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar icons glitch: How to fix this task bar icons glitch. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-icons-glitch/227c8761-eac0-4adb-9900-bfddbd9ff435
  4. Task bar icons glitch

Task bar icons glitch: How to fix this task bar icons glitch. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-icons-glitch/227c8761-eac0-4adb-9900-bfddbd9ff435
  5. Windows 11 taskbar bottom right glitching/flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 taskbar bottom right glitching/flickering: HiPc Specs:Device name Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 14 AMDProcessor AMD Ryzen 5 5600U with Radeon Graphics 2.30 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 13.9 GB usable Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 21H2 OS build 22000.282 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.282.0...
  6. Windows 11 taskbar bottom right glitching/flickering

Windows 11 taskbar bottom right glitching/flickering: HiPc Specs:Device name Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 14 AMDProcessor AMD Ryzen 5 5600U with Radeon Graphics 2.30 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 13.9 GB usable Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 21H2 OS build 22000.282 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.282.0...
  7. Bottom Area with Taskbar is Flickering Glitching and Hiding the Bottom Area on Asus X540YA...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bottom Area with Taskbar is Flickering Glitching and Hiding the Bottom Area on Asus X540YA...: Bottom Area with Taskbar is Flickering Glitching and Hiding the Bottom Area on Asus X540YA E1-600 Laptop. How can I Fix these issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bottom-area-with-taskbar-is-flickering-glitching/1a90ddec-b83d-4e9c-8567-cbe03ee3a16d
  8. Win 10 Search bar visual glitch

in Cortana
    Win 10 Search bar visual glitch: Pretty self explanatory. I had this issue once last year but since then I have done a clean installation of Windows. Today is the first day I encountered it again. No idea how to search for what's causing it, and nothing I can think of fixes it, so I'd appreciate if someone...
  9. My shortcut for "this pc" keeps going back to the bottom of the desktop...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My shortcut for "this pc" keeps going back to the bottom of the desktop...: Ok so i've had this for a while now, my shortcut for "this pc" does not wanna stay in place. It always wants to be at the left side at the bottom. https://reddit.com/link/iuiizn/video/0l0wxilicpn51/player If you have any idea how to fix this, i could use some advice. I...
  10. Windows icons flickering and also bottom taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows icons flickering and also bottom taskbar: Hello, Few months ago I noticed that from time to time my taskbar icons blink. It's like refreshing. This happens at random times, when I surf web or browse files. It's just quickly blinks. Often during the blink there is also spinning mouse circle appears for a 1 second....