Windows 10: Going Bonkers here - on W10 pro !!! activation wants install W10 pro !

Discus and support Going Bonkers here - on W10 pro !!! activation wants install W10 pro ! in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there anybody know how to fix this Have changed no hardware whatsoever on this machine -- was running perfectly until about an hour ago and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jimbo45, Apr 4, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Going Bonkers here - on W10 pro !!! activation wants install W10 pro !

Hi there

anybody know how to fix this

Have changed no hardware whatsoever on this machine -- was running perfectly until about an hour ago and then said please activate windows !!!!!

here's the screenshot

Going Bonkers here - on W10 pro !!! activation wants install W10 pro ! [​IMG]

What to do next -- can restore but I'd rather fix this so it wont happen again.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Apr 4, 2018
  2. Rober194 Win User

Windows 10 Upgraded and Activated

I upgraded from W7 Pro to W10 Pro And it is Activated. I've decided I want to install a new SSD. Will I be able to install the new SSD and install W10 Pro on my New SSD and will it activate?

Rober194, Apr 4, 2018
  3. How do I change which version of Windows 10 I will get?

Hello,

Where exactly are you able to unlock W10 Pro? I did a clean install of W10 Home by accident and can't activate it with my W8 Pro key. IF I can convert my W10 Home edition to W10 Pro, I can use my key to activate without having to reinstall W8 and upgrade
    it to W10. Please let me know how you unlocked W10 Pro.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Andre

MagicalMind, Apr 4, 2018
  4. cereberus Win User

Click on link 'I have changed hardware' (even though you have not). You should see your device. Select it and it should reactivate.

cereberus, Apr 4, 2018
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Thanks

that fixed it .

Oh well : "The mysterious world of Windows". !!!!

I notice also it was complaining because I'd changed the password on an Ms account --even though I always use Local accounts on Windows machines.

slightly OT but I do see you mess around with Ubuntu -- am going to try your suggestion on the HYPER-V 2016 server I've downloaded - I've a bit of free time this week.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Going Bonkers here - on W10 pro !!! activation wants install W10 pro ! - Similar Threads - Going Bonkers here

2. W10 Pro Retail Activation on and W10 Enterprise Eval installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 Pro Retail Activation on and W10 Enterprise Eval installation: Hi everyone.I use the W10 Enterprise Eval ISO in various VM Labs for study purposes.I am also using the W10 Enterprise ISO in a VM on my main computer for connecting to work systems, my initial thought was as I am now working from home permanently I would be able to get a...
  3. W10 Pro Retail Activation on and W10 Enterprise Eval installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 Pro Retail Activation on and W10 Enterprise Eval installation: Hi everyone.I use the W10 Enterprise Eval ISO in various VM Labs for study purposes.I am also using the W10 Enterprise ISO in a VM on my main computer for connecting to work systems, my initial thought was as I am now working from home permanently I would be able to get a...
  4. W10 Pro Retail Activation on and W10 Enterprise Eval installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. W10 Pro

W10 Pro: Hi all, As part on my A+ studies, I have noticed that some features are not part of the home edition. As part of my training package, I also have some other courses like the MCSE. Would it be a good idea for me to upgrade to W10 Pro? Kind Regards Tim...
  6. Installing W10 on a MacBook Pro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing W10 on a MacBook Pro: I want to install a new SSD and just run Windows 10. Can I do this? I don’t plan on ever using iOS again. submitted by /u/Ditchbanger480 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eyd5oo/installing_w10_on_a_macbook_pro/
  7. W10 Pro

W10 Pro: Hello on my old PC I delete activation key for w10 Pro with slmgr /upk - W10 Pro is now deaktivated. Now I try on my new PC to activate W10 Pro and ge the error 0x803fa067. What is wrong? Thanks in advance Rolf...
  8. W10 Enterprise instead of W10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 Enterprise instead of W10 Pro: I have new laptop Acer Aspire. It was bought with OEM W10Home. Then I have ordered and paid licence for W10Pro. At the last form of purchasing process is button "Install". I pushed it. After restart there is W10Enterprise. Now I am not able to activate it nor to change it to...
  9. I want to tell W10 Pro - to install updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I want to tell W10 Pro - to install updates: I acquired a 64bit desktop PC yesterday (not new). It has a fresh install of W10 Pro 64bit (It was upgraded from a fresh W7 Pro install, 2 days ago). I like to control when things happen on my PC. I have managed to find the setting to prevent automatic install of Windows...
  10. Going Bonkers here !!!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Going Bonkers here !!!!: Hi folks Going Bonkers here -- running 5 VM's from an average laptop (Intel I3 proc) with 16 GB memory and 500GB SSD. Intel I3 processor only average --OK though for modest workload. Windows Host + 4 X Linux VM's and 1 Windows VM all giving acceptable performance So...